PDA

View Full Version : Rufus and Rude questions

RedCydranth
08-09-2006, 07:57 AM
A friend and I were discussing these two characters over AIM when we came to a difference of opinion. Well, I don't quite know it it is opinion as much as it is fact, but we both adamantly stand on opposite sides of the argument. As to not taint you with my beliefs, I will pose the questions, as ridiculous as they may seem, and answer them to the best of your knowledge. If possible back up with proof.

1: Rufus's hair color. Redhead or Blonde?
2. Rude's race. Black or white?

One of us will be wrong and I ask you savvy knowledged folks of FF7 fandom to solve this mystery. He claims since he has beaten the game more times than me, he must be correct, which is utter nonsense. If I am incorrect in my beleifs then I will be happy to learn I was incorrect and change my beliefs to what is stated to be correct. It would not be the first time I have been in the wrong, but I honestly beleive I am correct this time. Only your answers can help. Thank you ahead of time for your time and answers.

G SpOtZ
08-09-2006, 08:02 AM
I think Rufus is a red-head, in fact, I thought they maybe pointed that out some time in the game, but I don't feel like looking for it, and I'm not 100% sure.

Rude... I think he's white, with just darker (tanner) skin. He looks more Asian to me, than anything. He looks like someone that'd be from the Yakuza. He's not quite black, though. Just compare him to Barret.

Xurts
08-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Rufus is blonde. He has the same color hair in both the game and the movie. Saying that he is a red-head makes no sense at all.

G SpOtZ
08-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Let's compromise.

Strawberry blonde.

blue phoenix
08-09-2006, 10:51 AM
id say Rude was black- but not realy dark coloured, as someone said like an Asian colour

Rufus is ginger.

sephirothishere
08-09-2006, 10:58 AM
rude is black....
rufus is ginger....light ginger....in the game his hair is orange....

Topcat
08-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Rufus is blonde:

http://millennial-fair.com/entertain/games/images/ff7-ss-b-rufus1.jpg

blue phoenix
08-09-2006, 11:09 AM
ive got a picture of him from ff7 and his hair is orange, tell me how to put it in this thread and ill show you.

Wuggly Blight
08-09-2006, 11:27 AM
From every single picture Ive seen he's blonde, Its Reno who's the redhead.

Thorn
08-09-2006, 01:17 PM
I think Rufus has a sort've strawberry blonde hair kind've hair. But more on the blonde side. And Rude is definatley not white, maybe black or asian.

Aralith
08-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Well, Rufus in the game appears very blonde, but the graphics of that day and age were not so hot. In AC (obviously more "graphically correct" than the game) he appears with a bit of a red tinge giving him a ginger kind of hair. I'm pretty sure that Rude is just a tanned Caucasian. I mean, look at his appearance in AC. Though we only see his eyes once, they are not at all Asian in appearance, and neither are the rest of his features. And his height would suggest that he's not Asian as well (though this is sometimes not true, for the most part Asians are rather short).

Owen Macwere
08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Rufus... bloned.
Rude.... nearly black (maybe brownie).

Distain
08-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Rufus... bloned.
Rude.... nearly black (maybe brownie).

Brownie? like a girlscout? haha

Ahem anyways, Rufus is blond. Maybe people are confusing Rufus with Reno. And Rude's just a big bald white guy with a tan.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah, Rude's only slightly darker than any other white character. I was completely surprised when I found out there are people who think he's black.

sephirothishere
08-09-2006, 07:40 PM
no...rude is definitely black....look at barret,he doesnt look that black in AC....ya know what i mean....so rude is black also....maybe the japenese dudes were like "hey these big fat americans so fat...hahahahahahah...hey this black guy doesnt look very nice on camera....lets make him look japenese....hahahahahhah".....anywho listen to blue phoenix.....he has a pic of rufus from the game and his hair is so totally orange......oh yeh,this is to blue phoenix....to make it easy on yourself.....when your posting the pic...jus go into the advanced button instead of jus making a quick reply and in there you can click add attachment...it looks like a little paper clip next to the fonts and whatever.....here i added an attachment...jus look below.... ^^....

in AC his hair looks greyish blonde...in ff7 he looks gingery...but i have looked up pics on google images and found animes of him and he has distinctly blonde hair and notice at the bottom of this pic it has correct pronunciations...
hey and maybe rude is kinda white...but he has the same style as a black dude....:eep: :confused: :rolleyes2 :) :cool: :choc2:

Xurts
08-09-2006, 10:26 PM
It's blonde, are you guys like color blind or something?

Rude is just tan.

Aralith
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Xurts is right. In the photos sephirothishere provided, Rufus is definitely blonde. In AC he appears more to have more of a ginger color, and since AC is definitely the most graphically enhanced of any of the pics provided, I would say that he has ginger hair. A very light ginger, but there is definitely some orange in his hair.

Ryushikaze
08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Rude is hispanic.

Slade
08-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Rufus is blonde and Rude is just tanned....