PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy and their mythical connections

the_sandman
08-09-2006, 08:03 PM
hi, im new to this forum. this is my very first post. anyways..

i want to know about all the connections there are with final fantasy and mythical stories.

like we all know shiva is a hindu goddess, but i want to see connections..how is shiva from final fantasy similar to the shiva in the hindu myths? does the hindu myth shiva have something to do with the power of ice?

lucretia is vincents mom in final fantasy VII, but in the roman myth (dont know exactly if the stories a myth or history), she was a character that got raped by the prince of rome, thats all i know about her. how is vincents mom similar to lucretia in the myth?

the asuras rod that dagger uses in final fantasy IX. asura were a power seeking group. i dont know much about this

freya, a character in final fantasy IX, is the name of a goddess of love and fertility from a norse mythology

kain, from final fantasy IV (also from final fantasy IX, kains lance) was a fallen angel from heaven, but rejected from hell. supposed to be the most powerful next to lucifer.

kaiser, kaisers claw from final fantasy IX, aka caesar. the germans use the word kaiser for emporor.

ragnorak, from almost every single final fantasy, is the battle at the end of the world between the gods, lead by odin in the norse mythology

nirvana, yuna's weapon, which means extinction, end of suffering, the highest happiness.

magus, magus sisters from ffX, also known as magi. the magi = the 3 wise men from the bible. magus sisters = sisters of the magi.

the whole final fantasy X story is a direct reference from the bible. jesus (yuna being jesus) goes on a journey to save mankind from sin, which involves her sacrificing herself. and tidus,auron, kimahri, lulu, wakka, rikku, being the desciples.

carbuncle, the summon from the final fantasy, is a mixture of 2 myths. in the bible its a gem, but to the spanish conquistadors, it was a mythical creature. small mammal. in the final fantasy series, carbuncle is a small creature with a gem on its head.

solomon's ring, from ffVIII. solomon, mentioned in the bible was the king of israel, known for his welath, wisdom and power.

i know theres a lot more like alexander..and alexander the great..bahamut and the sea monster..siren and the story of the odyessey. but if you guys can make any connections or make any other reference...please do.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-09-2006, 08:12 PM
We already have an active thread on this topic: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=89980.