PDA

View Full Version : Good place to level up

Hambone
08-10-2006, 01:21 PM
My main party is at level 62-65. I'm at Disc 4. Where do you recommend I level up? Right now I've been fighting the Grand Dragons by Daguerreo. Thanks.

Crossblades
08-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Daguerro is still the best place to Level. Or you can just head to Memoria

Znake
08-10-2006, 02:42 PM
You can fight Yans on Vile Island. They give around 14000 EXP.
Other than that I think Grand Dragons are the best until you reach Memoria.

Zeromus_X
08-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Why are you leveling up still? You can beat the game, just fine.

If you must unecessarily max out your characters, than Grand Dragons or Yans are the best bet. Yans are very dangerous though, and if you get unlucky, you get Virus'd and don't gain any Exp. But use Zidane's Masamue to inflict the 'Death Sentence' status on them, for an easier kill. Grand Dragons can be offed by 'Level 5 Death' as well as the Masamune.

farplaner
08-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Yans are the best source of Exp. but are, as mentioned, very tricky. Ideally you want to hit them one at a time, and always for as close to 9,999 damage as possible. In addition to throwing virus at you, they will sometimes counter with snort (if you hit more than one at a time, more than one character might get snorted), which sends an ally out of the battle. Also, you want good mag. def., auto-regen, auto-life wouldn't hurt...

When you get tired and frustrated with them after about six or seven more levels, by all means beat the game with relative ease.

Xurts
08-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Memoria and the Yans are the best places. Grand Dragons get obsolete once you get to the high levels.

The best places in Memoria are the spots where you fight Behemoths. They're easy to kill and give you pretty nice EXP.

simonalvelos
08-11-2006, 03:31 PM
All good spts. I recommend fighting in Memoria.

Too bad there is no FF9's equivalent to the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell like FF8. I guess you could say Vile Island, but you only fight those bloody Yans!

Arrrgghh!

By the way I tried to get to level 100 with my party once but it took so long just to get one level up by the time you het around LV 80.

:mad2: :mad2:

Sefie1999AD
08-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Fighting Grand Dragons near Daguerreo is a good idea since they're pretty easy to beat, they give a good amount of EXP and they power up Freya's Dragon Crest. After that, Memoria is also a good place for EXP, especially the first few floors, if I remember correctly. Three Yans is a risky strategy, but they give you a good amount of EXP. To defeat them, I suggest using Odin (combined with the Odin's Sword ability that lets him make additional wind damage if his Zantetsuken misses), Freya's Dragon Crest and Steiner's Climhazzard.

The Hubsta
08-12-2006, 04:34 PM
I train outside Dagguerreo like yourself because I have a bad record with Yans :mad2:

Xurts
08-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Odin + Death Sentence makes them alot easier.

FFIXfan2damax
08-12-2006, 05:44 PM
step 1. Daguerrro
Step 2(in advance):make sure ur people have thunder absorbtion or 100%guard. Have locomotion,antibody,auto-life. Ps.you know where the moogle couple is in gizumaluke grotto is climb the rope run around and you should run in to a grand dragon too O_O i did this in disc one... >_< scary!!!!11

farplaner
08-12-2006, 07:13 PM
step 1. Daguerrro
Step 2(in advance):make sure ur people have thunder absorbtion or 100%guard. Have locomotion,antibody,auto-life. Ps.you know where the moogle couple is in gizumaluke grotto is climb the rope run around and you should run in to a grand dragon too O_O i did this in disc one... >_< scary!!!!11

*Coral rings are good for thunder absorption* You had auto-life in disc 1? OK, I think you can get a rebirth ring pretty early, but it takes a long time to master. So at most you'll have one person with auto-life. I always do the chocobo stuff early, so I took a mountain choco to that spot in disc 2, and got many levels with few fights.

I think Yans should give twice the EXP. they do, considering the hassle they cause...

yuno
08-16-2006, 11:11 AM
yans are the best.probably my most killed enemy in the game.

1)equip insomniac and cast night (blue magic).
2)fire away (do NOT wake them up).

i got ALL EIGHT characters to level 99 before i even knew it.

Dreddz
08-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Go to Vile Island and fight Yans, they give hella good exp

farplaner
08-16-2006, 07:36 PM

What is this you speak of!?! :confused: Yans!?!? :confused: OHH!!! I get it!!! Those must be the monsters that nearly every other poster has already mentioned!! :rolleyes2

Dreddz
08-16-2006, 09:48 PM

What is this you speak of!?! :confused: Yans!?!? :confused: OHH!!! I get it!!! Those must be the monsters that nearly every other poster has already mentioned!! :rolleyes2

Indeed, but 6 peoples opinions is better than 1. Ignorance...

farplaner
08-17-2006, 09:06 PM

Not if the other five are simply repeating what's already been said. You agree about the yans, fine, but why not add something that gives the post value? Ignorance indeed...

Ashley Schovitz
08-17-2006, 09:09 PM
The best place to level up which you really don't need to at lvl. 64 is an small deserted island in the game that contains Yew or Yan that come in packs of four they give you much more experience than Grand Dragons.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Memoria, by fighting Behemoths and Stilva's. Vile Island is too random

Dreddz
08-18-2006, 03:48 AM

Not if the other five are simply repeating what's already been said. You agree about the yans, fine, but why not add something that gives the post value? Ignorance indeed...
What was exactly wrong with my post ? He asks for opinions, I gave one, that gives the post enough value. 6 opinions is fine, 6 exact explainations isnt needed.

farplaner
08-18-2006, 10:39 PM
What was exactly wrong with my post ? He asks for opinions, I gave one, that gives the post enough value. 6 opinions is fine, 6 exact explainations isnt needed.

You're right; I quit. *Not to be dismissive- I realize now that I was over-reacting.