PDA

View Full Version : How to get Ultima?

Elemental Alchemist
08-10-2006, 05:45 PM
I know that Ramza can get Ultima. But how?

Flying Mullet
08-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Ramza must be a Squire, have Ultima cast on him, and live. You can have Ultima cast on you at the following three locations:

Limberry Castle I
Limberry Castle II
Murond Holy Place III

Elemental Alchemist
08-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Thank you. I may have to replay the game again for the ability, but I get to make a completely different team!

BG-57
08-10-2006, 10:28 PM
The best way to go is the Gates of Limberry Castle:

1) Have females equip Ribbons and have males equip Judo Outfits. This protects against the sudden death attacks the Assassins (Celia and Lede) use.

2) During the battle pummel Celia and Lede with spells that immobilize them. I recommend Don't Move with Math Skills.

3) Kill as many Apandas as possible while you do that. Orlandu and Agrias' Lightning Stab is invaluable. Apandas have Bio spells that can cause status ailments but your female units are completely protected with Ribbons.

4) Move Ramza just barely into spellcasting range of one of the Assassins. She'll use Ultima since she has no other choice.

Elemental Alchemist
08-28-2006, 10:32 PM
I was just wondering, do I need to have the Squire class equipped when trying to obtain Ultima? And also with the Summoners learning Zodiac. Do I need to have the class equipped when trying to learn it? and is it only the units who get hit by it the ones who learn it, or if one knows it everyone else can learn it?

Crossblades
08-28-2006, 10:38 PM
I was just wondering, do I need to have the Squire class equipped when trying to obtain Ultima?

Yes you do

BG-57
08-29-2006, 01:13 PM
That's true.

As for Zodiac, you could theoretically have up to five units learn it directly from Elidibs. It might make things easier if you have somebody other than Ramza pick it up, because Elidibs prefers to target other units than Ramza with it. Ramza was only able to learn it because I waited for him to start casting on someone else then moved Ramza into the area effect before he finished casting.

Zodiac can only be learned by Summoners that are hit with it and survive or by picking up a life crystal from a Summoner that knows it. So either way, you're going to have to teach enemy Summoners Zodiac to get everyone in your party to learn it (since you can't hit your allies with attack Summons).

aerithsloveslave
08-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Zodiac was a pretty cool summon, but Ultima is pure rubbish in this game.

Crossblades
08-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Zodiac was a pretty cool summon, but Ultima is pure rubbish in this game.

How so? I never got it, so I'm curious. I always thought it was a powerful spell since you got to go through the effort of learning it from the assassins

aerithsloveslave
08-30-2006, 07:46 PM
I thought the same until I actually acquired it. In every FF, Ultima is the one of the best magics. In FFT, it is weaker than a level three black mage spell. Although, I may never have tried using it while Ramza was a black mage. Maybe it's power will increase. By this time in the game, though, why would you want Ramza to be anything but a squire?

BG-57
08-30-2006, 07:54 PM
For a spell that claims to be 'the best', it is suprisingly weak. I guess Ultima's power capped around FFVI. FFVII's and FFVIII's versions were much weaker as well.

I get Ultima for completion, mainly.