feona17
08-10-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't, but would be nice to learn.

Druman
08-10-2006, 06:33 PM
who plays the drums... or guitar

rubah
08-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I played snare a bit during parades and pep band my freshman year when we had three guys playing battery percussion and three girls playing keyboard :p

I also have to play snare exercizes for all region tryouts, but that's the extent of my drumming.

Alive-Cat
08-10-2006, 10:51 PM
I play guitar.
I play guitar.

Cloudstrife4003
08-10-2006, 10:59 PM
I wanna drum!!! THATSDDdasdsxcsadwdeedeaad EDIT: Srry..stupid cat jumped on keyboard

McLovin'
08-10-2006, 11:01 PM
I can play the acoustic guitar.

I Am Stoner
08-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I have been playing the drums for ten years, ask me what you want, I will answer it for you.:) By the way, if your looking for drum lessons and your in the plymouth area, PM me and i'll give you my number, im a drum teacher so its all good.

oddler
08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Both.

Venom
08-11-2006, 12:05 AM
I play guitar.

Spammerman
08-11-2006, 12:07 AM
i play drums. i prefer the snares. the make a nice noise. ive gotten to play in my city's St Patricks Day, which meant something cause thats my brithday.

Shlup
08-11-2006, 12:23 AM
My husband (ButThePoncho is his name here, but he doesn't post) drums for Tokyo Showdown: www.myspace.com/tokyoshowdownca

Shoden
08-11-2006, 12:26 AM
I Play bass guitar.

I Am Stoner
08-11-2006, 12:55 AM
My husband (ButThePoncho is his name here, but he doesn't post) drums for Tokyo Showdown: www.myspace.com/tokyoshowdownca (http://www.myspace.com/tokyoshowdownca)

Pretty good, pretty good.:)

Eureka
08-11-2006, 10:00 AM
my girlfriend drums.. and sings :P

i kinda.. listen to music rather than play.. i'm too lazy :p

Zeldy
08-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Id loooveee to be a Drummer.
I cant play the Drums.

Markus. D
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
I love drums, but I cant play em' to well, I can however play the percussion to that metroid prime song when you are the chozo ruin place.

NorthernChaosGod
08-12-2006, 09:59 PM
I play guitar, bass, and the drums. :cool:

I Don't Need A Name
08-12-2006, 10:02 PM
I play guitar

Cloudstrife4003
08-12-2006, 10:05 PM
I do! I have my own drum set!! wooooo!! cost me 1500 bucks..deluxe!

Xander
08-12-2006, 10:07 PM
I've wanted to learn drums before, cos I always want to learn things but then tend to give up/get bored. I think I have good rhythm and timing but...I don't get how they get it right like ALL the time, keep the constant beat. I admire them. It'd be very noisy to have drums too, heh. I'll stick to listening.

Cloudstrife4003
08-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Anyone want me to help them with drumming or anything?

Fuego
08-12-2006, 10:31 PM
guitar and bass :nibbles:+:shoot:= :skull:

Xander
08-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Can you teach someone how to drum over the internet? Awesome.

Anyone want me to help them with drumming or anything?

nik0tine
08-12-2006, 11:18 PM
I Play bass guitar.

I play bass guitar too and I am probably better than Shoden.

I Am Stoner
08-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Start to durm lessons, key words you will need to know.......

Rudiments: These are things that are important to build up techinque, but it is not essential, only people doing drum grades will come accross rudiments. A few example of rudiments are = Parradiddles, Flams, Flam rolls etc.

Technique, grip: All drummers over the years from thier own technique, but my suggetion, this is what I first started with, hold you hand flat, so your palm is face down, use your wrist to hit the snare and hi-hat instead of using your arms. 2 reasons for this, 1 your arms are a lot slower than your wrist, 2 it is easy to do. The reason that drummers on tv and videos can play with thier arms flying everywhere is because they have built up thier own technique over the years.

Timing: Drumming is all about keeping time for the band, all the instruments follow the drums for timing. The drums are a metranome for the band, if you dont have timing, then you should practise your timing by playing the drums with a metranome going, and playing along to CDs that is the only way to correct your timing.

Well, that is all i'll say coz I can't be arsed to write anymore, you want to know more then just PM me. Also, if your buying a kit, I would recomend a Premier Olimpic or a Pearl Export for your first drum set, look in dimond free adds as well, there are a lot of great drums going really cheap second hand, but always ask to look at them first, don't get coned!! Like I said, want to know more, PM me. Hell, I am a fucking drum teacher after all. Really, I work for the Guildhall School Of Music. Although I refuse to teach grades. In my opinion grades just put you off drumming all together. Playing the same thing over and over again, everyday. GRRRRR!!!! It drove me nuts!!!! But always remember, drumming aint about the popularity, its not about being cool, its not about strickness or self disipline, its about having fun, thats all it is. Music = Fun.

DynasticJam
08-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi guys, I'm a drummer, only 15 years old, but let that not mislead you. I have been having lessons at a place called DrumTech, I started when I was only 8 years old and over the years I have played with many bands, and I have even met U2, I was invited to their soundcheck. I have played on stage with someone who toured with Iron Maiden and supported them on their tour in 2003. I have had lessons with a BRILLIANT teacher who toured with Led Zeppelin and filled in for their drummer on on of their gigs. I also had a lesson with somone called Pete Zeldman, an awesome drummer. Besides that, I own a Yamaha Beach Custom kit with Sabian Pro Symbols, I also have a drum rack as well, and its a pretty big kit, but size doesnt matter to me, I have played on loads of kits, and it's not about the kit your playing, it's the one playing it. I hope to take my drumming further and become a session drummer. I have already done a lot of session work for local bands, and for someone at my age, that's not bad. As soon as I started having drum lessons I have been playing in bands. And its something I love doing.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-13-2006, 12:06 AM
I know how to tap dance, don´t think i´m lying because i´m not i can really tap.

I Am Stoner
08-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi guys, I'm a drummer, only 15 years old, but let that not mislead you. I have been having lessons at a place called DrumTech, I started when I was only 8 years old and over the years I have played with many bands, and I have even met U2, I was invited to their soundcheck. I have played on stage with someone who toured with Iron Maiden and supported them on their tour in 2003. Besides that, I own a Yamaha Beach Custom kit with Sabian Pro Symbols, I also have a drum rack as well, and its a pretty big kit, but size doesnt matter to me, I have played on loads of kits, and it's not about the kit your playing, it's the one playing it. I hope to take my drumming further and become a session drummer. I have already done a lot of session work for local bands, and for someone at my age, that's not bad. As soon as I started having drum lessons I have been playing in bands. And its something I love doing.

Niiice kit mate, is that a normal or a fusion, also good to see your enjoying it, say where do you live? It would be class to see you in a gig playing if I could get there. Dude, thats a good career path for a drummer. You get a lot of pay for that. If your interested, PM me one time and i'll give you the number for a studio I know in plymouth that colud help you out a lot with your career plan. You don't need to go thier, just ask for information over the phone, im sure they could be of some great help. I have a pearl Export 2001 edition kit, that sound pretty lush, but I miss my old premier olimpic, yea I know you would probably say, what, but thier crap!! The sound of that old kit mate, the sound of the floor tom especially, oh man, i'll never forget that. My first kit. I got sabian pro sonix and a old schoold Zyn china. Man, that is lush.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I have a fender, a cruiser (both electric, with a Marshall amp) and a beautiful brunswick acoustic

Psydekick
08-13-2006, 09:07 PM
I kinda paly drums, i havent had lessons but well im ok

Simen
08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I've played drums for 8 years now.
I am the drummer for a band and
I play acoustic guitar as well :D

DynasticJam
08-15-2006, 05:05 PM
I kinda paly drums, i havent had lessons but well im ok

Can you do Parradiddles?

bipper
08-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I fell down stairs once.

Jess
08-15-2006, 08:53 PM
I don't play any instrument. I'm musically retarded. :jess:

Yamaneko
08-15-2006, 09:30 PM
I play a mean kazoo solo.

NorthernChaosGod
08-15-2006, 10:16 PM
I fell down stairs once.

You win.

I Am Stoner
08-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Parradiddles are (this is for the people that do not know) a sequence of stick movement. The stick movement is as follows.

Key: R = Right. L = Left.

Paradiddles = RLRR LRLL

oddler
08-15-2006, 10:20 PM
That was actually the starting beat to one of the songs that I helped write in my first band. Origami Bomb... Ah, those were the days. :p

Fuzakeru
08-15-2006, 10:53 PM
I played percussion through High School so I've dabbled in many types of drums but when it comes to the idea of a rock and roll set up - I'm mediocre.

Slothy
08-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Been playing dums for about seven years now myself. If you told me I could only keep one of my many hobbies, that'd be it. Not currently in a band, but it doesn't make me love playing any less.