PDA

View Full Version : Look at this

rubah
08-10-2006, 10:39 PM
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/moth!.jpg
I guess it's one of those Luna moths. My mom just found it ourside I guess dead. There were a bunch of bugs on it, and dead insects on their own freak me out, and this thing is pretty big :( I took a picture of it, brushed all the bugs into the sink, and stuck the moth in the freezer to kill the rest.

What's the creepiest bug you've ever seen?

McLovin'
08-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Cockroach where it shouldn't be.

Cloudstrife4003
08-10-2006, 10:43 PM
I found a GIGANTIC spider in my room! it RAN across me!! I am horrified of spiders! It took like my whole bottle of poison to kill it!! mostly bcus i missed and was to afraid to get near it...

VampireCrono
08-10-2006, 10:45 PM
i found an ant once. holy jesus. the thing was normal size. i crapped my pants and ran away in terror.

Shlup
08-10-2006, 10:46 PM
If it was found outside then why the hell is it inside?? If it's not feeding other bugs what else is it going to do?

Anyway. There's a giant black widow that lives under the stairs to my apartment. We have an agreement though.

Shiny
08-10-2006, 10:48 PM
That's a pretty big moth. The biggest I've ever seen. The creepiest bug I have ever seen I doubt has been classified yet. It was a translucent centipede with a thick red striped going down it's back. It sort of looked like this, but not really:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ray.hamblett1/nature/natimages/inverts/centipede-9723.jpg
It was the same size as this one, but had a clear complexion. It was gross.

EDIT: ...You might want to get rid of that Black Widow. They kill people with one bite.

Cloudstrife4003
08-10-2006, 10:52 PM
I hate centipedes..blech..I got stung by one! OWWW!!! they hurt so bad!... I sound like a wuss huH?

Decessus
08-10-2006, 10:57 PM
http://uplink.space.com/attachments/397307-TSlimulus20phoenix.jpg

Cloudstrife4003
08-10-2006, 10:58 PM
WTF is that??

rubah
08-10-2006, 11:02 PM
If it was found outside then why the hell is it inside?? If it's not feeding other bugs what else is it going to do?

Anyway. There's a giant black widow that lives under the stairs to my apartment. We have an agreement though.

That's a pretty big moth. The biggest I've ever seen. The creepiest bug I have ever seen I doubt has been classified yet. It was a translucent centipede with a thick red striped going down it's back. It sort of looked like this, but not really:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ray.hamblett1/nature/natimages/inverts/centipede-9723.jpg
It was the same size as this one, but had a clear complexion. It was gross.

EDIT: ...You might want to get rid of that Black Widow. They kill people with one bite.
*uses multiquotes*

Shlup, my mom figured I'd want to see it -.- she couldn't see th elittle bugs on it xD

We had a black widow in our house once-- It was on some banana trees my mom brought inside for the winter :O Freaked me out ;.; I was afraid to sleep in my bed for months.

There's also what appear to be brown recluses out in our pumphouse, which isn't connected to the house, so really isn't anything to worry about.

Decessus
08-10-2006, 11:04 PM
WTF is that??
It's a horshoe crab, which is a misnomer, seeing that it's a chelicerate arthropod.

AdVenT
08-10-2006, 11:08 PM
This one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeNggIGSKH8)

Cloudstrife4003
08-10-2006, 11:11 PM
OMG!!! frigging catterpillar! fuzziest thing i have ever seen...except maybe...heh nevermind..

Yuffie514
08-10-2006, 11:23 PM
cockroach. they're nothing to my parents, but i bet their guess would be a centipede's bite...

SammieBabe
08-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Either Palmetto Bugs or wicked huge Banana Spiders...

lovehurts
08-10-2006, 11:59 PM
wolf spiders

I have some trama

Here is a link of them. We had them all over us in our tents all around us at boy scouts camp...http://entomology.unl.edu/images/spiders/lycosa_helluo.jpg

Warning link may bother some people.

Sylvie
08-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Millipedes. *shudder*

But that horseshoe crab is pretty smurfing scary. How big is it?

Cloudstrife4003
08-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Blech! i wonder what horseshoe crab would taste like....

Cookie
08-11-2006, 12:08 AM
lovehurts You had more than one of those on you! What the hell did you do?

rubah
08-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the terrible night one of these crawled out of my sink drain while i was trying to brush my teeth ;.;; it was terrible.

http://images.encarta.msn.com/xrefmedia/sharemed/targets/images/pho/t025/T025675A.jpg

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 12:16 AM
lovehurts You had more than one of those on you! What the hell did you do?

Well it's like this . We sleept in tents. Some times the spider comes in , sometimes the spider doesnt. We would be lseeping at night most the time the spider would just climb in the tent and would cling to the walls...sometimes the spider clinges to your sleeping bag. Most ot us tightly tucked in the bags because of fear of the spider crawling on our bear skin...You hold your back tightly shut loosing sleep hoping that the spider doesnt find a way into your bag. You feel your own hair on your body and you almost loose it altogther. Sometimes youd feel something crawling on you at night. Always you had to look up when after waking up because the spider would be on the tents roof and if you stood up and scare the spider he would climb on you , like he did to one scout. The leaders rushed the scout and helped get rid of the spider. The spiders so damn big that when you catch them they are put into tanks at the scouts research center for animals to studdy the enormous things. Talking about it now with my own hair on my ears and up against my skin I feel terrified. I feel jumpy even though it is no spider. YOu could see all of its eyes glare at you. Some scouts would wake up and see it just staring at them. The spider may have been afaird but the scouts were horrified and the spider became all too friendly. I never had them on my skin directly but They crawl on the bag , they crawl all over you and you wake up and sometimes they can be near your feet or above your head.....

I dont want to say much more.

My brother and I as scouts caught a spider like this one , we caught him in a bucket he was too scared to jump out but a spider that big could easily have escaped. He was in our tent and wouldnt leave.We couldnt go to sleep with our new buddy any longer. We couldnt take it, and he was still there after the morning we ran out of our tent screaming a big spider running about us. He clinged to out tent wall, we ran in ther with a bucket some how got the spider in.

*shakes himself off*

Cookie
08-11-2006, 12:23 AM
That would be horrible. Could you have not gone home? I would have stayed up all night OUTSIDE the tent. I could feel your fear when i was reading that. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 12:25 AM
That would be horrible. Could you have not gone home? I would have stayed up all night OUTSIDE the tent. I could feel your fear when i was reading that. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

I was a boy scout. All the scouts tuffed it out but to be honest after about 3 to 4 days into it I went to a plastic tent.
I have a couple good scout stories. Im glad that I could share those feelings. Yes EWWWWWW.
I had to get badges to work my way up in the ranks, but I quit scouts a few years back.

Xaven
08-11-2006, 12:38 AM
...I don't think I've seen bugs creepy enough to be worth mentioning.

It seems like spiders always end up crawling across my keyboard at night while I'm typing though. I die every time. :D

This one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeNggIGSKH8)
That has got to be the cutest thing ever. <3

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 12:39 AM
http://i4.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/24b5kas.jpg

Looks cute and cuddly, ne? It's cute... but sooo not cuddly. I was walking by one day and saw it. Touched it. (I'm more than an idiot.) And I had this big ol' rash half way up my arm for a whole week. It hurt like hell and I so wanted it to be my little pet... teach it tricks and stuff... Oh, how my dreams were shattered.:cry:

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Oh my gosh. What is that?

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 12:47 AM
http://i4.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/24b5kas.jpg

Looks cute and cuddly, ne? It's cute... but sooo not cuddly. I was walking by one day and saw it. Touched it. (I'm more than an idiot.) And I had this big ol' rash half way up my arm for a whole week. It hurt like hell and I so wanted it to be my little pet... teach it tricks and stuff... Oh, how my dreams were shattered.:cry:

The little bugger most have not like to be bugged.

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 12:47 AM
It's a caterpillar. I named it Itchy. ^^

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 12:53 AM
It's a caterpillar. I named it Itchy. ^^
:p It's itchy and you're scratchy...right?

Arrianna
08-11-2006, 01:05 AM
wolf spidersThe worst part about wolfspiders is that you can measure their fangs with a ruler. We had them all over where I grew up. They love eating cockroaches.

Nothing is grosser then walking to the sink to get a drink of water in the middle of the night and feeling something "crunch" between your toes. After that I started turning the lights on.

feona17
08-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Oh dear god, why did people have to post pictures? *shivers* I'm so not getting sleep tonight.

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 01:08 AM
wolf spidersThe worst part about wolfspiders is that you can measure their fangs with a ruler. We had them all over where I grew up. They love eating cockroaches.

Nothing is grosser then walking to the sink to get a drink of water in the middle of the night and feeling something "crunch" between your toes. After that I started turning the lights on.

You had to live near them? I had a hard enough time being around them only for a month. *bows to show respect to you*

Feona ,Im sorry ofr posting my picture I keept it in a link to be considerate though.

feona17
08-11-2006, 01:09 AM
No no, don't worry about it. I'm the one with the stupid phobia. -_-

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 01:13 AM
No no, don't worry about it. I'm the one with the stupid phobia. -_-
I can understand how you feel after some run ins with "critters" They are afaird of you too, trust me. You wont see them. YOu wouldnt have seen or feelt them with or without this thread,:) It'll be ok I understand your feelings but consider that if you hadnt seen the thread you wouldnt have been reminded or fearfull of seeing anything like that. So look at it that way and realize that today could have been like yesterday and on both days today and yesterday you wont be seeing any bugs like that.:)

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 01:16 AM
:p It's itchy and you're scratchy...right?

Muhahaha... I love that.:love:

Cloudstrife4003
08-11-2006, 01:18 AM
Lovehurts,question,how did they get into the tent?

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 01:19 AM
Lovehurts,question,how did they get into the tent?

These were green scout canvas tents. At boyscouts camp no fancy zippers or anything like that. No windows either. A wolf could walk in if he wanted to . I dont know if there are wolves in the area just a example.

Cloudstrife4003
08-11-2006, 01:23 AM
woah! thats frikky dude...One time i was spending the night out in the pecos river in new mexico and my dad opened the door of the tent and about 60000 baby friggin spiders came in and freaked us out...We ran out of our tent and jumped in the river...boy it was cold...

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 01:27 AM
It's rather ironic actually. Lovehurts: The relationship between me and Itchy. ^^

rubah
08-11-2006, 01:42 AM
I slept in a tent at a girl scout camp once, it was very big and open :O

we have wolf spiders I think. They're they fuzzy ones, right? xD Not the big tarantulas, but the ones about the size of a silver dollar?

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Wolf spiders are crosses between wolves and spiders, right? xD

Oh dear.

licence
08-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Just reading your account of those wolf spiders and that night camping made my hairs stand up. I hate spiders.

fire_of_avalon
08-11-2006, 02:32 AM
Pretty bug.

Oh man there was a cockroach on one of Matt's bath towels while I was at his place and it was HUGE and I couldn't move and it was so scary.

I'm so afraid of cockroaches it isn't funny. D:<

Hambone
08-11-2006, 02:32 AM
cockroaches and any type of worm other than an earthworm.

Arrianna
08-11-2006, 02:36 AM
You had to live near them? I had a hard enough time being around them only for a month. *bows to show respect to you*
Thanks. :D

It was mostly not so bad except when you wake up with bite marks on your toes.

No no, don't worry about it. I'm the one with the stupid phobia. -_- You're not the only one. Mine was developed over years of experience.

Dynast-Kid
08-11-2006, 04:40 AM
OMG!That Horshoe Crab looks so scary!Just by reading this thread,I have developed a new phobia for spiders and insects...

A couple days ago I walked into the bathroom and turned the light on.There was a huge grayish/brown spider in the middle of the floor and I screamed my head off.I grabbed the insect poison and started trying to spray it,I missed each time because my hand was shaking too much.It then ran behind the toilet and then it went under a bunch of towels...I ran out screaming and haven't seen it since...

God, I hope it's dead.

Arachnid son of a biscuit eater...

Reles
08-11-2006, 04:59 AM
I live with wolf spiders too, but I've only had two close encounters. Once it was under my blouse and popped out at me another time it was crawling up my leg, I freaked, it freaked, and I screamed and cried and stood on a chair until my friend Kelsey came over to kill it for me. Haven't seen one in awhile though

I did see an interesting critter a couple of days ago. A very whispy looking spider, an orange body with black legs, he was very beautiful, but huge. Then those dang millipedes in my basement, they've got to be stalking me, they follow me all around the house. Never seen a centipede thank god.

Mirage
08-11-2006, 05:01 AM
Oh my Zorg, Rubah, that is huge!

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 05:02 AM
I live with wolf spiders too, but I've only had two close encounters. Once it was under my blouse and popped out at me another time it was crawling up my leg, I freaked, it freaked, and I screamed and cried and stood on a chair until my friend Kelsey came over to kill it for me. Haven't seen one in awhile though

I did see an interesting critter a couple of days ago. A very whispy looking spider, an orange body with black legs, he was very beautiful, but huge. Then those dang millipedes in my basement, they've got to be stalking me, they follow me all around the house. Never seen a centipede thank god.

Sounds like it may be a banna spider.

Tasura
08-11-2006, 05:19 AM
*Agrees woith Xaven* That Bolivia Bug thingy is cute xD

Anyways, oddd looking spiders get to me, big ones like Tarantuals and the samll house type dont bug me, but the ones that have huge white bodies or yellow and orange bodies that just drop down in front of you, those i hate.

Dynast-Kid
08-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Are wolf spiders the fast ones with grey/brownish bodies?

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 05:39 AM
Are wolf spiders the fast ones with grey/brownish bodies?

I honestly cant remember I just know that they are big.

Sylvie
08-11-2006, 05:44 AM
Which ones are bigger, Centipedes or Millipedes?

Hambone
08-11-2006, 05:44 AM
I'm pretty sure millipedes can get longer.

Sylvie
08-11-2006, 05:45 AM
Those things scare the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of me.

Nominus Experse
08-11-2006, 10:48 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/Male-hobo.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/BlackWidowSpider.jpeg
I know I love being bit by either of these, one causing skin necrosis and the other injecting me full of a powerful neurotoxin. What more can I say, I love these creatures, particularily when I roll in bed and find one sitting there waiting for me on my pillow. Such lovely beady eyes, staring at me intently... And how quickly the former runs, it's nigh light speed, I swear. I just love a quick bite to my leg...

I am generally not afraid or paranoid about insects or spiders, and am in fact rather intrigued by them, but these two bother me, and cause me to keep my distance - for the most part. The old saying that curiosity killed the cat holds very true with me. Ever held a black widow before? I have, though I will tell you I was scared /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifless, but now I can say that I have accomplished such a stupid, foolish risk unto my health.

Dreddz
08-11-2006, 12:39 PM
I'd say Centipedes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3APJA0EedSE) are.

Rocket Edge
08-11-2006, 01:47 PM

Wow, that video is.. weird.

Rubah how big is that moth? :eek:

This is the biggest i've seen:http://www.calvin.utvinternet.com/cjwp/images/articles/wildlife/wasp.jpg

Boring eh?

Rye
08-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I love moths, they are so pretty. :)

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 01:51 PM

I like moths too. Fave insect I think... with their little fluffy collars around their heads... cute! :love:

I just like fluffy things. :eep:

BizarroSephiroth
08-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Craneflies scare the crap out of me. The are just about giant moth/flies that are the size of a NORMAL size human palm.

I Am Stoner
08-11-2006, 01:56 PM
You know what scares me....... HORNETS!!!! MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever seen one of your mates fall in a hornets nest!?!?!? My god, is fucking scary. I have had a hornet on me before, stick out your thumb....... It was that big, all hornets are that big, some even bigger!! Thier like mutant wasps of evilness!!!!

Dreddz
08-11-2006, 04:01 PM

I like moths too. Fave insect I think... with their little fluffy collars around their heads... cute! :love:

Moth....cute ?

Moths are irritating to the extreme. Good they die easy :)

KentaRawr!
08-11-2006, 04:12 PM
In cold areas, I always see incredibly tiny bugs on the windows. So tiny you can't see their legs. So tiny it would take an hour for them to move an inch. They came in red and green. >.>

Rocket Edge
08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Moth....cute ?

I second that.

Shauna
08-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Some of those pictures gave me a shiver, but the fact that they're so cool get rid of the fear. xD

I once saw a huge daddy-long-legs/crane fly(?), they're the ONLY insects that I can say I'm scared of. xD Just because they can't fly probperly! >=( Stupid things.

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 04:36 PM

Moth....cute ?

They shall be visiting you tonight. ^^

KoShiatar
08-11-2006, 04:38 PM
http://arthropoda.free.fr/images/photos/chilopoda/scutigeromorpha/scutigera_coleoptrata/ei_scutigera_coleoptrata_001.jpg
I have bugs like this in my house in Italy. They come out at night and they freak me pretty much out.

MageLuingil
08-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Ugh, I know I shouldn't be reading this thread.

I was getting into my shower one day when a huge spider dropped right past my shoulder. Dunno what it was, but it was big, it was fuzzy, and I was gone in an instant. Never saw it again. I think my brother might've though.

I don't have any problems with moths, but my Dad's scared to death of 'em. It can be pretty funny at times, actually. Most of the time, if I find a bug in my house, I'll catch it and let it outside. Spiders though ... when they invade my territory, they die.

fallen_angel9000
08-11-2006, 05:36 PM
i had a brown recluse crawl across my pillow one night when my friend was staying over... it was HUGE!. i woke up my mom cause that kind of spider is dangerous (im scared of spiders) and she thought i was talking about a little spider (if it was little, i would've smashed it). when she went in and saw it, she was like ".....oh..." and killed it with the Swifer. that spider was as big as a racket ball (including legs)..... it was scary. i didnt want to go to bed:eep:

BizarroSephiroth
08-11-2006, 06:13 PM
http://www.kaweahoaks.com/html/cranefly_adult_body_face.jpg

http://www.kaweahoaks.com/html/cranefly_adult_onwall.jpg

These are the craneflies that freak the crap out of me.

Vyk
08-11-2006, 06:20 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Megalopyge_opercularisMPCCP20040714-5799A.JPG/642px-Megalopyge_opercularisMPCCP20040714-5799A.JPG
Girlfriend just showed me this one
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/00/Clearwing5239.JPG This one's a bee that sometimes thinks its a butterfly

I Am Stoner
08-11-2006, 06:33 PM
That top moth looks so cute!!:love: I don't think that I could bring myself to kill something like that. I don't mind bees either, just the damn wasps and hornets. Best way of disposal = Fire, hehehe.:evilking:

Vyk
08-11-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm with you. But that's because bees aren't aggressive, they're defensive. Wasps and hornets get unpredictable aggressive. But wasps don't usually bother me anymore. I've gotten to the point where I can let a bee or a wasp land on me without freaking out. I think maybe wasps pick up on you being scared and somehow find it a threat. They haven't bothered me since I stopped being bothered by them. I even swat them away now and they don't dare come after me. Hornets have become rare in this area these days. I haven't seen one since I was a kid. There used to be tons of hornet nests/hives around where I grew up. Dunno what happened to them

MageLuingil
08-11-2006, 07:06 PM
We've got tons of wasps around where I live. In fact, for a couple years, we had a huge nest of 'em living under our back porch steps (they're hollow) I got used to ignoring them, and they don't bother me either. Of course, they also like to build nests in the chimney of a chimnea(sp?) we've got, and I'm always the one who gets to build a fire in there ... they don't like that much.

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 08:09 PM
That top moth looks so cute!!:love: I don't think that I could bring myself to kill something like that. I don't mind bees either, just the damn wasps and hornets. Best way of disposal = Fire, hehehe.:evilking:

YAh...just wait until you see its ugly face glaring at you.

daggertrepe
08-11-2006, 09:50 PM
http://www.geocities.com/brisbane_flies/images/wpeF7.jpg

I hate flies...

rubah
08-11-2006, 09:56 PM
craneflies/may flies aren't moths? moths are the fake butterfly looking ones xD

rocket edge, I think its wings are about two inches wide apiece, and includeing it's little tail thing at the end, it's probably four inches long

Shiny
08-11-2006, 10:04 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Megalopyge_opercularisMPCCP20040714-5799A.JPG/642px-Megalopyge_opercularisMPCCP20040714-5799A.JPG

What the...it's like a cross between a rodent, a fly, a spider and something unidentifiable.

Spammerman
08-11-2006, 10:08 PM
and a fur coat.

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 10:22 PM
It sort of looks like a wierd rabbit too.

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 10:26 PM
It looks like it needs a hug! *Runs after it*

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 10:28 PM

:)

:p

With all those arms it could hug you many ways. It could love you many ways...:p

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 10:32 PM

With all those arms it could hug you many ways. It could love you many ways...:p

:D Thats rather rude! *Slaps hand* Naughty!

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 10:35 PM

:D Thats rather rude! *Slaps hand* Naughty!

You couldnt slap all of his hands though. HAHA

JK, it was his idea though not mine...yell at him. The little cute ...big cute bug....

http://www.hr-rna.com/RNA/images/Spiders/Garage%20Wolf%20rez.jpg

I still say my old friends are the worse...

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 10:55 PM
I don't think I'm scared of any insect... but I can't be sure as I havent had the pleasure to meet them all.

Vyk
08-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Oh, dear. I bet the pepsis wasp would scare you. The most painful sting of any stinging insect.http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/TarantulaHawk1.jpg

Hambone
08-12-2006, 08:04 AM

Nope, I've seen a millipede in the pet store that was longer. And fatter.

Psydekick
08-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Oh i hate any bug or any insect apart from butterflys

Lucky in britain we dont get many, apart from flies and *shudder* Wasps

Xenyth
08-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I like insects, most insects anyway...I think they're cute. Anyway, the only insects I hate/fear are cockroaches and ants (bad childhood experience)

Slade
08-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Giant stick insects........I went to Australia about three months ago and I saw two of them. They were honestly almost a foot long each and about and inch fat. I was seriously creeped out. So creeped out, in fact, that I couldn't sleep that night. Insects don't usually bother me......these ones DID :(

RyaMai
08-12-2006, 12:57 PM
http://i7.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/24edh12.jpg

Mind you, I wouldn't want that flying in my face.

rubah
08-12-2006, 07:02 PM

Millipedes aren't poisonous though.

Rengori
08-12-2006, 07:15 PM
http://arthropoda.free.fr/images/photos/chilopoda/scutigeromorpha/scutigera_coleoptrata/ei_scutigera_coleoptrata_001.jpg
Freaky.

Anyway, some of the spiders I've seen at Grandma's house are really creepy becaue they're huge.

Hambone
08-12-2006, 07:18 PM

He said "bigger". And somehow I knew you were gonna change your avatar today.

Reles
08-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Tried taking a picture of that spider outside, you know, the one I wasn't sure of. My camera sucks, but here's my attempt anyway: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shaleadarkin/IMAG0896.jpg

rubah
08-13-2006, 01:50 AM
I had a spider like that outside one of our sliding glass doors last year. Someone kept knocking its web down:(

Dixie
08-13-2006, 01:59 AM
Banana Spiders. (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/Kitzulu/banspider2.jpg)

I hate Banana Spiders. Actually, I hate all spiders. They're so scary. There was one in the shower once and I ran out of the bathroom(grabbing a towel, of course) and told my dad to kill it. ;_____________;

DarkLadyNyara
08-14-2006, 10:02 AM
The worst part about wolfspiders is that you can measure their fangs with a ruler. We had them all over where I grew up. They love eating cockroaches.
Hell, where can I find some?

Most insects don't bother me. Though I saw a jeruselum cricket once, and damn near jumped out of my skin. *shudders*

http://kaweahoaks.com/html/jerusalem_cricket_back.jpg

Ugly bastards, aren't they? Oh, and hissing cockroaches are just creepy. :whimper:

Vyk
08-14-2006, 12:14 PM
http://i7.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/24edh12.jpg

Mind you, I wouldn't want that flying in my face.

That's a katydid isn't it? A large one. I'm pretty sure they're harmless

rubah
08-14-2006, 05:10 PM
The worst part about wolfspiders is that you can measure their fangs with a ruler. We had them all over where I grew up. They love eating cockroaches.
Hell, where can I find some?

Most insects don't bother me. Though I saw a jeruselum cricket once, and damn near jumped out of my skin. *shudders*

http://kaweahoaks.com/html/jerusalem_cricket_back.jpg

Ugly bastards, aren't they? Oh, and hissing cockroaches are just creepy. :whimper:

jerusalem crickets ARE ugly! I had to catch one for my insect collection in tenth grade :( my dad heard one outside and they jump like crazy and i hated hated hated it;./;

leon123
08-15-2006, 10:18 PM
any bug that has lots of fur creeps me out :barf:

Arrianna
08-16-2006, 03:06 AM
Hell, where can I find some? Well, I would send you some but what about the poor postal workers?

Seriously though, I believe they are found all over the world. The ones in Austrailia are supposed to be quite venimous, but really, what isn't there. ;)

Most insects don't bother me. Though I saw a jeruselum cricket once, and damn near jumped out of my skin. *shudders*Aren't those edible?

Dreddz
08-16-2006, 12:46 PM

He said "bigger". And somehow I knew you were gonna change your avatar today.
Actually, a centipede can grow up to 6 inches long while a Millipede can only grow up to 4 inches long.

I Am Stoner
08-16-2006, 12:54 PM
All the big insects are scary, but have you ever seen a dead headlouse under a microscope....? Oh god, its fucking grose.:yuck:

Zeldy
08-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh god Daddy Long Legs/Crane Fly make me squirm. I cant be in the same ROOM as them. That NOISE when they fly oh GOD. :(

There was one in my room once, and It was like 4am, and I just couldn't sleep with it in the room ;________;
It flew at my face and I screamed and burst into tears.