PDA

View Full Version : Arrgh. >_<

Dixie
08-11-2006, 05:17 AM
Okay, so I dropped the part of my cell phone where the charger thingy plugs into some water. It was only in there for one or two seconds. Then it went into this thing called "car kit mode". I thought "okay, this should be easy to solve." I figured out that there is no car kit mode option on my phone. I think what the car kit mode means is you're using a hands-free device, like a headphone set while driving. Well, nothing is plugged into the phone to cause that. I can make calls, but I can't hear anything and I can't speak into the phone. I tried to manually override this by holding down the * key, but that didn't work. I dried my phone, I took out the battery and dried that. Nothing. ;_;

My phone is a LG VX6100. I really need help fixing this, and I do not feel like taking this to Verizon Wireless(my service, obviously), I know they will tell me that I need a new phone and make me pay for it. ;_;

Xaven
08-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Have you tried a master reset?

Menu > Settings > Initial Setup > Master Reset.

That's all I can think of other than to try using a headset. :D

Vyk
08-11-2006, 08:57 AM
I assume this means your phone isn't insured

Endless
08-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Try this: (taken from <a href="http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic19157.html">this post</a>)

#1) press soft key for menu
#2) then press 0
#3) you'll have a service code prompt, type 000000
#4) then type 2 (it should be field tests)
#5) then type 4 (clear errors)
#6) choose yes for clear errors
#7) press clear once
#8) type 8 (FCC test)
#9) type one (pcs)
#10) type one again (set channel) (mine shows 426 I don't know if theres a different channel for each phone.)
#11) press clear 3 times and the phone will reset.

If it doesn't work, there are more things that people suggest in that thread.

Dixie
08-11-2006, 06:00 PM
The master reset didn't work, Xaven, but thank you for trying. ^_^

Endless, the link you posted was very helpful. I did try the one you posted before I checked out the link, but it didn't work. There was a tin foil method, where you take a piece of tin foil and rub it into the place where the charger goes in. I believe it causes a short and makes the car kit thing go away. That made the car kit thing on my phone disappear. Thank you for your help! ^_^