PDA

View Full Version : Rockman: The Power Battle

Sylvie
08-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Has anyone ever played this awesome arcade game? I had it on MAME, and it was so cool. You can play as Bass (My favorite), Protoman, or Megaman. You then fight various enemies, and upon their defeat, you retreive their weapon! So, if you defeated Cut man, You get the weapon that shoots scissor type weapons out. Its really fun.

So, anyone played?

Rengori
08-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I remember having loads of with this a couple of months ago. Bass rocks.

Sylvie
08-12-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm a Bass fan. :) I always found this one laser gun pretty useful. I beleive you get it from Gemini Man.

Tasura
08-12-2006, 02:23 AM
*downloads it now* It should rpove to be interesting to play, also a couple others that sounded interesting.

Sylvie
08-12-2006, 02:37 AM
You're downloading it? Where!?

Rengori
08-12-2006, 03:49 AM
There are lots of ROM sites where it's availabe, you just gotta know which ones they are.

Polnareff
08-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Wow, you guys are doing a great disservice to Capcom by d/ling roms instead of just buying the game. You can either get the PS2 bundle with both arcade fighters, or you can get the English version of the MMAC to have the game (and 9 other good games). The AC doesn't cost anymore than 15 bucks now.

No wonder Capcom is talking about not remaking anymore Rockman games after number 2. But I digress.

Power Battle is pretty cool, not only is the game fun, it also explains how the hell Zero from Mega Man X came to be. And why Wily fails at writing plans for robots. And also why Capcom will never count to 9 as far as Mega Man is concerned.

Sylvie
08-12-2006, 04:53 AM
I don't like spending money.

Rengori
08-12-2006, 05:19 AM
I don't mind.

Besides, it's 10 great games for like $20 now.

And Astro, doesn't MegaMan & Bass count as Megaman 9?

Tasura
08-12-2006, 05:28 AM
If I you know, didnt live in the middle of know where, Id buy it.

Polnareff
08-12-2006, 12:40 PM
I don't like spending money.

That's kinda no excuse :P

Sorry if it seemed like I was mad in my last post, I wasn't, but if more people bought the games (or at least rented them) as they came out, maybe Capcom would say "screw the story" and make RM9 anyway, and the rest of the remakes for each game. They did it with other games, and they can do it with Rockman too.

Besides that, hell, we might even get another Legends game. Hell, Rockman ZX, which came out in Japan not too long ago, is a very good game. It even surpasses Mega Man Zero :P I'd feel guilty not to buy the game when it comes here (yes, I've played it already).

If it seemed like I was trying to tell you what to do, I wasn't trying to do that, I just had a lack of ways to state what I said.

@Rengori:

No, Rockman & Forte is more like Rockman 8.5. It comes after 8 in terms of story, but it's not number 9. It merely leads to the events of the fighting games.