PDA

View Full Version : Turns out my mom knows a killer.

tan
08-11-2006, 07:48 AM
We were watching the news a couple days ago, and my mom noticed that a regular customer of hers turned out to be the Phoenix sniper killer. She always thought he was very nice.

Has anything like this (you knew someone then it turns out they're something entirely different than you thought they were) ever happened to you?

Rengori
08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm only 13 so no, though that would be a little fightening to find out.

Reine
08-11-2006, 07:52 AM
I found that one of my best mates was actually my godfather's nephew. Id heard a lot about him, and wondered what hed be like.

Shiny
08-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Not really, I try to stay away from prejudgements. That sounds very scary though; I hope your mother is alright.

Sylvie
08-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Yeah man, best of luck to you. We sold our old house to a man who has been arrested for Armed Robbery before once... but he never did it again that I know of.

Tasura
08-11-2006, 08:03 AM
My father works with a guy who stabbed his wife between 60 and 65 times.

Reles
08-11-2006, 08:26 AM
We had a Wichita serial killer called BTK (bind torture kill) who has been killing since the 70's and was recently caught. Several people knew him, but thankfully I never did. He went to church, live a regular life, had a family and kids. People seemed surprised and felt sympathetic. His kids and wife never knew up until now. Imagine how that'd be?

Psydekick
08-11-2006, 08:53 AM

Yes its the same for me although im 12;)

rubah
08-11-2006, 08:57 AM
I know a pedophile. Like a real one.

My english teacher last year used to live in the town next to where In Cold Blood takes place.

Rusty
08-11-2006, 09:10 AM
That would be so creepy for your mum. No, nothing like that's happened to me though.

Dreddz
08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
We had a Wichita serial killer called BTK (bind torture kill) who has been killing since the 70's and was recently caught. Several people knew him, but thankfully I never did. He went to church, live a regular life, had a family and kids. People seemed surprised and felt sympathetic. His kids and wife never knew up until now. Imagine how that'd be?

Holey Crap, I saw a program on that guy, wasnt he like not caught for twenty years ? Wasnt he a necrophiliac ?

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 12:55 PM
NECROPHILLIAC? Jesus on a bicycle.

A lady a few streets away, an old lady, got murdered by a man who clamied to be an Insurance person... or something along the lines. He killed her with a metal pipe and took her money. Beat her to death. Rest in peace old lady.

The Devil Man
08-11-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure if this counts, BUT...

As you'll know, 24 people have been arrested in Britain for trying to blow up 9 aeroplanes over USA.

These 24 people come from about 5 cities in the UK.

2 of the potential suicide bombers were arrested on a road in High Wycombe. I know that road because when I used to work in High Wycombe, I went past that road every single day. It's quite a pretty little road as well. It's pretty freaky to realise that 2 people from there could have killed thousands of people.

I Am Stoner
08-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Killing is not right, but some "serial killings" are actuallt done by hired hitmen, the guy your mum knew might of been like that. A job is a job for them. Taking human life is not a good thing, but most of the soldiers I have talked to are kind and helpfull, they pretty much do the same thing. No matter what people say, that sniper and the soldiers are the same, the soldiers kill people, that guy killed people, its all in the contract. That may sound harsh, but that is the way it is.

Dreddz
08-11-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure if this counts, BUT...

As you'll know, 24 people have been arrested in Britain for trying to blow up 9 aeroplanes over USA.

These 24 people come from about 5 cities in the UK.

2 of the potential suicide bombers were arrested on a road in High Wycombe. I know that road because when I used to work in High Wycombe, I went past that road every single day. It's quite a pretty little road as well. It's pretty freaky to realise that 2 people from there could have killed thousands of people.

My friend lives on the same road that some of the potential bombers lived on in Hackney, East London. Just goes to show that these people are closer than you think.

tan
08-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Killing is not right, but some "serial killings" are actuallt done by hired hitmen, the guy your mum knew might of been like that. A job is a job for them. Taking human life is not a good thing, but most of the soldiers I have talked to are kind and helpfull, they pretty much do the same thing. No matter what people say, that sniper and the soldiers are the same, the soldiers kill people, that guy killed people, its all in the contract. That may sound harsh, but that is the way it is.

Well, he wasn't a hitman because it was said that he just killed random people that were driving on the freeway or something like that.

I Am Stoner
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Fair Enough, I still say they are like soldiers. Sure soldiers are fighting for something, thier even getting paid, but that doesnt change the fact that thier still killing people, we should all remember that. The news, the radio, the television, all of it is filtered through the goverment. The govermemnt tells the masses what the want to hear. So no one knows for sure what happens around the world at the moment. Woa, my apologies, didn't mean to go on this long. *Smashes computer keyboard over my head*

DanteV9
08-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Yes, quite a similiar thing happened to me and my family about a year ago. We had this lodger. She was my mother's friend and all, really nice most of the time. Then all of a sudden she showed her true, cold self. She said my mother tried to exploit her. And then she left for a few months without paying the part of the rent which she was supposed to pay. Kinda weird to go from nice lady to crazy, old hag.

Roto13
08-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I played Ms. Pacman with a rapist/murderer/pedophile.

Madame Adequate
08-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Fair Enough, I still say they are like soldiers. Sure soldiers are fighting for something, thier even getting paid, but that doesnt change the fact that thier still killing people, we should all remember that. The news, the radio, the television, all of it is filtered through the goverment. The govermemnt tells the masses what the want to hear. So no one knows for sure what happens around the world at the moment. Woa, my apologies, didn't mean to go on this long. *Smashes computer keyboard over my head*

Except soliders work as part of a governmental framework, whilst murderers are random crazy people.

I don't know what you're on about with this filtering stuff, either. The news talks way too much about war deaths, not too little.

Roto13
08-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Can someone make an EoEO topic for that? I like the original topic here.

bipper
08-11-2006, 03:42 PM
I worked with a vigilante.

licence
08-11-2006, 04:20 PM
A rapist comes from my town, never met him though and I've known a person who was murdered.

ljkkjlcm9
08-11-2006, 04:24 PM
do you know me? Then you know someone truly evil...:radred:

THE JACKEL

feona17
08-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Hmm my mom knows a woman whose daughter moved to New York to go to university, and was about to get married. One night she went to a bar with a friend, and the friend left her. The daughter was murdered and found in a dumpster. It was really frightening because I had a small connection to her. They even based an episode of Law and Order on it.

Arrianna
08-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Has anything like this (you knew someone then it turns out they're something entirely different than you thought they were) ever happened to you?
No, I'm a pretty good judge of character and who I should avoid. I have known alot of victims though.

bipper
08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
We are all killers. Our actions affect the exacution of people every day. You pay taxes and hide while we bomb the middle east and support isreal as they destroy children. Do we not all have some blood smudge across ourselves?

Eiko Guy
08-11-2006, 06:33 PM
in 4th grade their was a teacher called mr. boswell and he was the ap teacher and they switched him for ms george the year i had that class it turned out that he was a child molester and if i had been in his class i might have been raped im so lucky

Anaisa
08-11-2006, 07:09 PM
My family used to live next door to a paedophile. But he gave me the creeps before I even knew what he was. He pretended he was disabled as well. My parents, and other neighbours, supplied plenty of evidence to the authoritys, including photographs an video footage of him actually walking around, mowing the lawn, etc. An they weren't remotely interested. That scumbag obviously had freinds in high places. Fortunately we managed to move one house down, so he was only next door but one then. An not only did the authorities refuse to do anything about him claiming to be disabled. But they also allowed his wife to child mind children in the same house as him. An they were allowed to keep their own children. Even though it was known he'd already abused one of his daughters. He also brought other paedophiles to the area, an two of them attempted to abduct me an my sister. When we reported the incidents, the police went to visit one of them, an not only did they not prosecute him, but they allowed him to continue with his job of driving children to school. The other man was apparently taken into police custody, I was never told the full details of what happened to him, incase it "scared me". But from what I overheard, he'd done something sinister previously, so that's why they took him in. The authorities are a disgrace. They care far more about protecting criminals than they do innocents. Which is why they put the paedophiles right to safety, before the childrens.

Shoeberto
08-11-2006, 07:25 PM
I've had at least one teacher who was fired for sexually harassing a student. Might've been two, but I was never really filled in on the reason why he had to leave a few days before school was out, so it's just speculation.

And my ex-aunt turned out to be embezzling I think six figure sums? And there was this whole thing with her blackmailing companies. I forget the details. The FBI ended up busting her and my uncle divorced, so she's locked up now. I think she gets out soon, but who knows if she'll go back to what she was doing (which she did do when she was put into a halfway house).

Hambone
08-11-2006, 07:29 PM

Yes its the same for me although im 12;)

Same here.

Reles
08-11-2006, 07:30 PM

Holey Crap, I saw a program on that guy, wasnt he like not caught for twenty years ? Wasnt he a necrophiliac ?

He never had sex with his victims (atleast none that I knew of?) but he did masturbate to dead bodies. They're making a movie on him, but it's far from close to the real story. And he was caught recently, so it was more than 30 years.

daggertrepe
08-11-2006, 09:52 PM
This dude was all nice to me when I talked to him, then he gave me his card, and I was like in my head:

"Why are you giving your business card to a 13 year old girl...?" :(

Moon Rabbits
08-12-2006, 04:55 AM
When my mother lived in BC our next door neighbor drilled a hole in from his side of the house into ours (in the bathroom) so he couled peep on my mother (he drilled the hole before she moved in). He also tried to break into her house one night (he's a convicted rapist);

posted in this trhead. lo.l

Disco Potato
08-12-2006, 06:38 AM
When I was 6 I went with my mom to see a doctor for a skin problem, and the doctor I saw prescribed the medicine that eventually cured the condition. A few years later we heard on the news that he was a child molester :|. Good thing my mom stayed with me in the doctor's office.

I Took the Red Pill
08-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Well this wasn't me but one of my best friends worked for his neighbor over the summer cleaning or something of the sort. Anyway, it turns out he was a highschool teacher and got arrested for molesting one of his students about a month after my friend stopped working for him. Scary stuff.

Zeromus_X
08-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Oh did they catch that guy? Or wasn't it two guys? Well whatever, it's been annoying for the last few weeks...

No, I don't believe I've ever known a serial killer. Hopefully never.

Mattokenzi
08-12-2006, 10:25 AM
well for me I have a family (and we have good morals) but we are neighbors to (not all of them 10% in my neighborhood are... Thieves) and to make it worse my cousin married one of them... Arrrrrggggghhhh.

Cookie
08-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Last year, there was a paedophile about in Reddish the area where i live. One day me and my mate were walking home from school and we stopped to watch a local football match. Some guys came over and told us that he had dropped his pants to a girl and then fled towards the field that we were on. We then decided to go home, on the road of course. We got close to home when a guy rode up on a bike and told us that the paedophile guy was following a girl so we ran back to the field. When we got there i recognised the girl to be sister's friend so i shouted to her to run and the guy started staring at us. I swear to god it was so scary, he started sprinting towards us. We all started running and i was so scared i outran the guy on the bike. I didn't stop running until i got home which was a good 1000 metres away. Also, my friend said he had seen the same guy masturbating on the very same field a couple of weeks later. Finally, the guy went on to rape a girl ON THE MAIN ROAD. Right outside a group of shops where there are always cars going by. Never actually found out what happened to him.

Another story is about my History teacher Mr. Kelly. He was off for about a year and whenever we asked where he was they said he was ill... This waas not true. It got out that he was caught doing something with a girl that might get me banned if i write it down, in the school toilets. I think they are still trying to tell us he's ill.

Sorry it was so long.... Cookie ;p

Peegee
08-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Moms used to work in the same building as Paul Bernardo. That's about as close as we get.

Shaded Mazoku
08-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Well... ...My mother's friend has a son who is a rapist. Good thing he's terrified of me. And we have some drug addicts living nearby.

I also know a paedophile, but he's pretty harmless. He's never approached a child or anything like that, he just gets off on images. Not the sexual kind of images, either, just pictures of kids bathing nude and stuff like that. He's way too wimpy to be dangerous to anyone.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-12-2006, 09:14 PM
We are all killers. Our actions affect the exacution of people every day. You pay taxes and hide while we bomb the middle east and support isreal as they destroy children. Do we not all have some blood smudge across ourselves?

Oh pish. I pay taxes because I go to jail if I don't. Hide? What would you have me do, fly to the Middle East and say "Hey guys, stop doing that?"

Anyway. The "Phoenix sniper" as tan puts it, is actually referred to as the Serial Shooter, one of two predators we've had lurking around Phoenix this past year. It turned out that there were two of them, and what they were doing was randomly shooting pedestrians "for sport" as they put it. I believe there were 8 or 9 deaths and many more injured. They used a shotgun and pistol I think. They finally got caught last week, thankfully. The entire Valley was pretty much living in fear. It was pretty depressing.

We also have a delightful character called the Baseline Killer running around. He strikes every three months, usually raping and killing women on the street. Nobody knows what he looks like. The only sketch we have is mostlikely a disguse. It's horrible.

Northcrest
08-13-2006, 04:20 AM
Reles:

Dreddz

I remem ber the BTK on the news I was very surprised.

Dignified Pauper
08-13-2006, 04:29 AM
i heard that Loony BoB locks small children in his cellar and tells them to rub the lotion on its skin.