PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Accessories

01 Rin
08-11-2006, 03:23 PM
How do I obtain the following items in FFX-2?

Enterprise - Break HP Limit
Invincible - Break Dmg. Limit
Iron Duke - HP/MP+100%, Agility and Luck+10, all other stats+100
*Key to Success - HP/MP+100%, Luck+100, Double All
Ragnarok - Spellspring (MP Cost = 0)

* I believe getting the Key to Success accessory has something to do with choosing not to fight Garik?

Dynast-Kid
08-11-2006, 05:43 PM
You get Iron Duke after completing the Via Infinito.

01 Rin
08-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Wait, the Ragnarok is obtained when suspecting Rikku in the Mi'ihen Highroad mystery mini-game. Okay, only three left.

You get Iron Duke after completing the Via Infinito.You mean, after fighting Trema underneath Bevelle?

Accessories that are left:

Enterprise - Break HP Limit
Invincible - Break Dmg. Limit
*Key to Success - HP/MP+100%, Luck+100, Double All

* I believe getting the Key to Success accessory has something to do with choosing not to fight Garik?

Dynast-Kid
08-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Yeah,beat Trema and you'll get it.

feona17
08-12-2006, 05:57 AM
To get Invincible, you have to talk to that camera guy in Kilika Port who's overlooking the new base for the Youth League. I believe you talk to him in every chapter except chapter four. Then when the base is done, he'll give you an option of checking out the base itself. You go there, to the white X and it's a chest with Invincible in it.

Mirage
08-12-2006, 01:47 PM
You really don't need break hp limit.I wouldn't even say you need break damage limit. What you need is Catnip. and you get that in Via Infinito, cloister 40.

Cookie
08-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Catnip rules if you leave a character on critical, did someone say one-hit?

EDIT:You should try to get:
Crysatl Bangle- HP+ 100% (Youth League place in chapter 5)
Rune Bracer- MP+ 100% (Macalania Woods in chapter 5 and Ultima Weapon)
Rabite's Foot- Luck+ 100 (Jumbo Cactuar)
AP Egg- Triple AP (The Hidden Chocobo Area)
Shmooth Shailing- Super Ribbon (That game before the concert in chapter 4)
Bloodlust and Wring- Hard to explain what they do (Even harder to explain how to get them...)
Key To Success- Double Everything- (In the locked house in Guadosalam)
Cat Nip- SOS ???? (Via Infinito)
Iron Duke- None (Via Infinito)
Ragnarok- Spellspring (Culprit Found mission)
Enterprise- Break HP Limit (Not sure about this one- you aren't allowed talk to talk to Tobli until a certain point, i honestly don't kow the details.)
Invincible- Break Damage Limit (the ase in Kilika)

They all have bonuses to your stats but i couldn't be bothered to write it all down, hope that helped, they are the best ones i have had/heard of.
Cat Nip is really useful.
Good Luck.

feona17
08-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Do you get the AP Egg in the dungeon that the chocobos find in Mii'Hen or in the actual amazing chocobo dungeon?

Tavrobel
08-12-2006, 04:30 PM
AP Egg = Chocobo Dungeon, Calm Lands

TheSpoonyBard
08-12-2006, 04:33 PM
In the Cave Ruins with the Amazing Chocobo. You can also get them from blitzball.

Enterprise - Celsius (Chpt 2) Ignore the Shave the Hypello? Mission, then push Tobli into the lift first, followed by Pukutak, Bayra, and Donga

Invincible - Kilika (Chpt 5) Choose to look through the cameraman’s camera in Chpt 1, 3 and 5, then go to the island and open the chest

Key To Success - Guadosalam (Chpt 5) Don’t attempt Battle Blockade and complete all Tobli-related missions

kain_ex
08-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Honestly, I think Iron Duke do the work of all these, except Key to Success. Fact is, getting Iron Duke is not easy like jumping from a window. You'll use about 4 or 5 hours of your time trying to get it, and when you finally get it you think: "My life's sh*t! Why just one?!!?". That's why I did Via Infinito 6 times ¬¬

Invincible: Kilika, Youth League's base

Key to Success: Guadosalam, Tobli's office (if you didn't stop Garik)

Enterprise: Never.

Ragnarok: Get Rikku as culprit in Mi'ihen little game.

01 Rin
08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
wow, good stuff *writes it all down*
this has gotta be one of the things that makes me play FFX-2 too much.... heh.

so, for Enterprise, you musht ignore Shave the Hypello? mission in order to push Tobli in the elevator later in the game? cool, I'll do that in my new game+ data thing-a-ma-bob.

yeah, i got off my laze butt and did some research instead of depending on everyone else for my other questions.... to open the Chocobo Ranch Dungeon, ya gotta release 15 chocobos w/o any of them runny away (they don't have to come back consecutavely). Yeah, they gotta be 3 of each level, 1-5. after that, level all choco-runners to level 5. Leave Calm Lands for a little over 5 minutes and come back. Clasko discover the dungeon, yay!
now here's the beauty of the dungeon: there's no map of it.. j/k
here it is!
http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/faqs/ffx2chocobo.gif

edit: i apologize for my crap spelling.... ("consecutavely" and "runny")

Dell
08-17-2006, 04:09 PM
You guys forgot about the accessories obtained after you win Gunner Gauntlet.

feona17
08-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Don't get me started on Gunner's Gauntlet. It took me so long to get over 500. I got 533, and then when I played New Game Plus, they wanted me to beat 533. I was like, smurf you.

Aria28
08-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Don't get me started on Gunner's Gauntlet. It took me so long to get over 500. I got 533, and then when I played New Game Plus, they wanted me to beat 533. I was like, smurf you.

feona17: there's a "blind spot" on the Waterfall Way where you never get attacked. On your way to the beach, it's after the small bridges, under the waterfalls (is that even clear, meh?:eek: ). As long as you stay there and close to the outter edge of the way, monsters will pass you by and not attack. But you can still kill them....just go get new ammo when the way is clear (i.e. you press on circle and there's no monster nearby you can lock on)

That way, you should reach over 1,000 easily. Reaching top level is still tricky though

Dell
08-18-2006, 04:14 AM
I think you get Mortal Coil GG and another accessories (As strong as Iron Duke) if you manage to obtained 2500 points.

feona17
08-18-2006, 04:22 AM

feona17: there's a "blind spot" on the Waterfall Way where you never get attacked. On your way to the beach, it's after the small bridges, under the waterfalls (is that even clear, meh?:eek: ). As long as you stay there and close to the outter edge of the way, monsters will pass you by and not attack. But you can still kill them....just go get new ammo when the way is clear (i.e. you press on circle and there's no monster nearby you can lock on)

That way, you should reach over 1,000 easily. Reaching top level is still tricky though

Yeah I've used blind spot right, but then I run out of ammo and then I need to run out for a couple seconds to get the treasure chests and this results in getting bitten and losing that buildup on the yellow bar which results in more points. I just have no patience with it. Like with a lot of mini-games in this game. -_-

01 Rin
08-18-2006, 04:17 PM
oh yeah, the Gunners Gauntlet. I s'pose I should give it more tries. I got 750 on my first try so I might as well..
As far as the Iron Duke, it'll have to wait for my New Game+ because I dunno if I can get pass those unavoidable Elder Drakes.....

kain_ex
08-18-2006, 05:09 PM
oh yeah, the Gunners Gauntlet. I s'pose I should give it more tries. I got 750 on my first try so I might as well..
As far as the Iron Duke, it'll have to wait for my New Game+ because I dunno if I can get pass those unavoidable Elder Drakes.....

You can pass around them, it's nothing short of easy. In the cloister where they keep jumping, WAIT for them to get outta the way and run. In the cloister you see a Drake just to your north, instead going to it, turn left and keep going 'till you reach a platform. Step on it, and some platforms you appear above the Drake, allowing you to avoid it.
After cloisters 80+, Elder Drakes come at random encounters, but hopefully you can just escape if you're not like fighting them to death.

Gunner's Gauntlet, blind spot = 4233 points for me O.o

01 Rin
08-19-2006, 03:18 AM
After cloisters 80+, Elder Drakes come at random encounters, but hopefully you can just escape if you're not like fighting them to death.

Gunner's Gauntlet, blind spot = 4233 points for me O.oafter cloisters 80+?!?!?! oh, crap that's gonna be tuf. *i'll just equip sprint shoes on thief and flee*

Gunner's Gauntlet, blind spot?!?!?! WHERE?! I keep getting attacked near my next level high score and then time up! Where is the blind spot that you do not get attacked by fiends I keep hearing about? (under waterfall? Which one? there's like 3-5 of them!)

kain_ex
08-19-2006, 10:03 PM

Gunner's Gauntlet, blind spot = 4233 points for me O.oafter cloisters 80+?!?!?! oh, crap that's gonna be tuf. *i'll just equip sprint shoes on thief and flee*

Gunner's Gauntlet, blind spot?!?!?! WHERE?! I keep getting attacked near my next level high score and then time up! Where is the blind spot that you do not get attacked by fiends I keep hearing about? (under waterfall? Which one? there's like 3-5 of them!)

It's under the last one. If you don't know which one is it, go all the way through the screen and continue to the next one. When you reach it, go back and keep going back until you reach a waterfall. That's the one.

01 Rin
08-20-2006, 11:26 PM
the last waterfall by the bridge, the area where you get Aurora Rain?

Chocobo King
08-21-2006, 02:53 AM
Cat Nip is one of my favorites

Cat Nip-9999 damage when HP is low

kain_ex
08-21-2006, 05:45 PM
the last waterfall by the bridge, the area where you get Aurora Rain?

nope. I'm saying this when you are PLAYING the game. You see... huh... the screen gets... longer when you're playing the game, so pass the screen and go back to it, proceed until you get under a waterfall and you're there. To don't be hit, you MUST stay the southest as possible.

TheSpoonyBard
08-21-2006, 06:05 PM
http://splitinfinity.50megs.com/images/gunnersblindspot.JPG

That's the blind spot.

01 Rin
08-21-2006, 10:40 PM
http://splitinfinity.50megs.com/images/gunnersblindspot.JPG

That's the blind spot.I'll give it a shot. (heh, inside joke....)

Omega weapon123
08-29-2006, 11:07 PM
just wanted to know but how do u get catknip and i heard it takes off 9999 when your in the yellow( super cool with trigger happy)

Devil Shroom
08-30-2006, 06:37 PM
just wanted to know but how do u get catknip and i heard it takes off 9999 when your in the yellow( super cool with trigger happy)

Yes it does.
Defeat the black element in the Via Infinito in Chapter 5.

Omega weapon123
09-02-2006, 01:28 AM
just wondering, where is the Via infintio, it sounds familiar from my friends who play this( I played it and beaten it but never found it)

Devil Shroom
09-02-2006, 09:03 AM
just wondering, where is the Via infintio, it sounds familiar from my friends who play this( I played it and beaten it but never found it)

In Chapter 5 go into the Bevelle Temple and turn right, you'll meet up with the Kinderguardians saying they've found a dungeon. There'll be a cut scene where they'll take you down there and that's it, that's Via Infintio.

Omega weapon123
09-02-2006, 11:40 PM
also wondering where is the jumbo catuar and how do u unlock the locked door in guadoslam

Devil Shroom
09-03-2006, 11:26 AM
also wondering where is the jumbo catuar and how do u unlock the locked door in guadoslam

Jumbo Cactuar you find in Bikanel, you have to do the Cactuar Nation mission and find all ten gatekeepers (little cactuar) through out Spira and then you can get into the locked chamber in the Cactuar nation and fight the Jumbo.

The lock door in Guadosalam holds the Baralai Sphere, just visit the door in every chapter then after you get an Episode Complete there in Chapter 5, go up to the door and Tromell should let you in.

01 Rin
09-04-2006, 01:53 PM
The lock door in Guadosalam holds the Baralai Sphere, just visit the door in every chapter then after you get an Episode Complete there in Chapter 5, go up to the door and Tromell should let you in.

yeah, ya gotta complete the mission with defeating Garik in chptr. 3 (think its 3). cannot get Key to Success and Baralai's sphere in the same game.

Devil Shroom
09-04-2006, 05:17 PM

yeah, ya gotta complete the mission with defeating Garik in chptr. 3 (think its 3). cannot get Key to Success and Baralai's sphere in the same game.

Actually no, the Baralai sphere doesn't fall under that equation. Mainly cos you get the Key of Success from Tobli's office and not from the locked house. You have to choose between Episode Complete on Mount. Gagazet or the Key of Success accesory. You can get the Baralai sphere no matter what as long as you visit the house at least once in every chapter.

Omega weapon123
09-05-2006, 01:31 AM
I didn't get episode complete on mt. gagazet it but I didn't get the key of success at all and my brain hurts, can someone explain as simplest as they can how to get it and how do u beat the black elemental cause he used ultima and killed me and I found another way to get awsome accessories, in luca in chapter 5, make a terrific blitzball team and play tournaments and the spira league and get 1st place and either get AP egg, crystal bangle, and rune bracer(I already got 3 crystal bangles and three rune braces)

Devil Shroom
09-05-2006, 09:27 PM
I didn't get episode complete on mt. gagazet it but I didn't get the key of success at all and my brain hurts, can someone explain as simplest as they can how to get it and how do u beat the black elemental cause he used ultima and killed me and I found another way to get awsome accessories, in luca in chapter 5, make a terrific blitzball team and play tournaments and the spira league and get 1st place and either get AP egg, crystal bangle, and rune bracer(I already got 3 crystal bangles and three rune braces)

OK listen closely. To get the Key of Success you do NOT fight Garik, at all, leave him to destroy the Guado in Malcania Wood. In doing this, go to Tobli's office in Chapter 5 which would be in Guadosalam and it's NOT the locked door, it's on the opposite side and usually has a hypello outside the door. Go in and you should see a chest to your left (I think, there's a chest somewhere in there) open it up and you got the Key of Success.

Black Element, level up fairly high and go in with 3 Dark Knights, us Darkness 2-3 times and bang he's gone.

Omega weapon123
09-06-2006, 01:01 AM
thats it, okay