PDA

View Full Version : Why is Rena so hard on Claude?

Peter_20
08-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Every time I play Star Ocean: The Second Story, Rena's behaviour towards Claude surprises me.
I mean, already in the beginning she's going stiff; whenever Claude tries to make a joke, she just goes "Stop it." mode or else she just says "Tehee. LET'S GO!"
Furthermore, when they attempt to sleep in Cross, and the girl at the Inn thinks they are in love, Rena gets furious and yells "Absolutely NOT!!! I TOLD you he's ABSOLUTELY NOT my boyfriend!!!"

What the hell is the matter with her? :mad:
She basically tells Claude to disappear from her life, and he doesn't even get angry!
He just mutters "don't be so upset..." and then behaves normally again.
What was this?!
I never understood Rena's rude behaviour, what's her problem? :rolleyes2

Vyk
08-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Probably trying to express the whole idea of supressed feelings in an exaggerated manner. I've never played the game. But exaggeration is a typical Japanese thing. Its supposed to be funny. Apparently its just plain abbrasive. But my guess is they develop feelings later on in the game. They're trying TOO hard not to show it in the beginning it seems

ValkyrieWing
08-11-2006, 11:53 PM
THAT IS RIGHT.

Rena dosen't know how to hanlde how she feels.

Zeromus_X
08-12-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah, it's a pretty common thing in anime/games/what-not.

"You guys are going out!"

"NO WE ARENT'!!1"

I don't think she was hard on him at all, but that it's just a funny thing that they make them do. I always get a laugh out of it.

-N-
08-12-2006, 01:07 AM
I suppose the humor is Lost In Translation.

ValkyrieWing
08-12-2006, 03:05 AM
Besides, when it comes to girls, Claude has no idea what's going on. Just watch the anime and you'll see.