PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter

JaytodaP
08-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Ahh. Street Fighter....back when you could button mash your way through the whole game on hard and still win. I played this game all the time when i was 4 and still play it now. I may even consider getting it onthe Xbox Live Arcade.

My favorite character has always been Ryu. I dont need to combo or anything i just use whatever move is necessary to hit them. Or I just hadouken the whole time since thats what the computer does.

My Secondary character is Guile since I can come out of blocks with sonic booms. And flashkicks are just awesome. Just look at my avatar.

KentaRawr!
08-11-2006, 06:00 PM
I always use Ken, since my brother uses Ryu. If my brother uses Akuma, I'll use Dan. I lose all the time with Dan, though. :(

JKTrix
08-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Good luck using that strategy on Xbox 360. The CPU is oddly difficult.
I had the Difficulty Stars set to Zero (thats 0/7 stars) to play through the arcade mode to get some achievements. The computer is doing stuff like doing Zangief's whirlwind thingy (immune to hadoken) EVERY time I do a hadoken and piledrive-grabbing me while i'm still Hado-stunned, throwing right after a blocked attack... you know, normal stuff for higher leveled play. Not for ZERO difficulty.
One of my friends didn't believe me (because I suck at street fighter, he knows it) so I had him over to try it out. I left it on the Zero difficulty, and he was having some problems getting through it. He got all the way up to Bison (after about 2.5 hours playing as chun-li/ryu, his best character), and quit before he was successful. It's not unbeatable, but the computer should NOT be that hard at Zero difficulty.

One of the achievements is 'complete the game at 7 stars difficulty'. Ha.

The Devil Man
08-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I love Street Fighter for one reason alone:

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.

Love that game to death.

But for fighting games in general, I prefer Dead or Alive and Guilty Gear.

Good luck using that strategy on Xbox 360. The CPU is oddly difficult.
I had the Difficulty Stars set to Zero (thats 0/7 stars) to play through the arcade mode to get some achievements. The computer is doing stuff like doing Zangief's whirlwind thingy (immune to hadoken) EVERY time I do a hadoken and piledrive-grabbing me while i'm still Hado-stunned, throwing right after a blocked attack... you know, normal stuff for higher leveled play. Not for ZERO difficulty.
One of my friends didn't believe me (because I suck at street fighter, he knows it) so I had him over to try it out. I left it on the Zero difficulty, and he was having some problems getting through it. He got all the way up to Bison (after about 2.5 hours playing as chun-li/ryu, his best character), and quit before he was successful. It's not unbeatable, but the computer should NOT be that hard at Zero difficulty.

One of the achievements is 'complete the game at 7 stars difficulty'. Ha.

It was the same thing with the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection released on the X-Box.

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike was very well balanced and perfect to play. I was crap at it at first, but set it to 1 star difficulty and gradually I learnt more about it to be always able to play it on 8 star difficulty. It was very fair and had an excellent learning curve.

On the same disc is the Hyper Street Fighter 2 games and they are too difficult. Insanely difficult. I dont know why they haven't even corrected it on X-Box live. No one I know enjoys the Street Fighter 2 games on that disc because they are just wayyyyyyyy too hard and annoying.

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Vyk
08-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Button mashing in Street Fighter? That's no way to win o_O; You're never gonna do a sonic boom or hadoken that way. You have to use their moves to win. I used to adore Street Fighter, but lately it's kinda lost its charm. Though I guess that was inevitable. It did survive the onslaught of 3D fighting games for a generation. I played Street Fighter Alpha 2 on my Saturn more than Tekken or Toh Shin Den or whatever else was out at the time. And even when the Dreamcast came around, it got even better, with Marvel vs Capcom, still as much fun and popular as Power Stone

Polnareff
08-12-2006, 05:01 AM
SF is still the best fighting franchise ever. Hell, even SF3: TS, which is about eight years old now, is better than most fighting games that came out this year or last. Yes, even GG.

Too bad Capcom will never count to 4 because of the pissy fanbase. Whenever they ask for something, Capcom delivers, and then when they deliver, the fans complain. Look at SF3. Most of the stuff implemented was asked to be put in by fans. New characters, better graphics, better story, etc. Hardly anyone played it, and most bashed it, until TS came out. Then only the hardcore (most of which blindly moved on to Tekken before TS hit its stride) bothered to play it.

"Buttonmashing" and "Street Fighter" don't fit in the same sentence. You can't buttonmash your way through the game and win like you can in other fighting games, especially not with charge characters like Guile. Even if you try that on the easiest difficulty, you'll still lose a lot. If you somehow manage to win that way, then that means you just got lucky. :P No other way to explain it.

What's funny is, the most broken fighters, like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 seem to get the most play. Games like SF3, which are flipping technical marvels (no pun intended) get left in the dust.

Lionx
08-12-2006, 12:21 PM
^ Ya mean like Guilty Gear? That game is very good, yet its overlooked here...

Seriously if you button mash, i like you to play anyone remotely serious about the game...they would show you things that make you look like such a damn newb.. Theres a whole lot more than just mashing buttons or even performing the moves...mind-game and execution is a huge thing, along with your knowledge of your moves..else you get pwnt. At the very least for me, when i get pwnt i know why i got pwnt most of the time..@.@ So if you are just mashing, then you are probably getting pwned and going zomog thats cheap.

That and dont play the cpu Dx Fighting games are for 2 players, everything else is just practice. If you arent comboing then you probably wont go too far.

JaytodaP
08-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I mashed buttons all the time when i was four and won. I dont know how but it worked. I dont button mash any more obviously. I havent since my brother taught me all the moves. And obviously you people didnt read what i did after my main article, the one with ryu then guile so just actually read that before telling me how much i will get "pwnt"

Lionx
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM
It doesnt really show me much, the less need to combo...the generic answers...it doesnt show me how i didnt read >>; The way its put i wouldnt be surprised if you still did it.