PDA

View Full Version : The Jigsaw of life(long)

Blue
08-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Life is like a jigsaw, day by day you add a piece or two, creating the bigger picture. You normally start of by finding the corner pieces creating a base level, or stepping stones for the picture to develop. The search for the edge pieces are to create a frame for the picture so things become easier to see and build from, or in other words keep everything in perspective.

Sometimes you find a piece that will jump you from one side of the jigsaw to the other representing the dramatic changes in life, or the ups and downs.

You get the pieces that you can put together but make no sense in the picture for its not attached to the main frame or corner piece, representing the surprise factor in life, which later on once joined to a corner piece or frame, all makes sense. Seeing the bigger picture as its also known as.

Sometimes youll get the person that just randomly places pieces here and there hoping it will make sense and sort itself out in time, sometimes it does and others it doesnt. This is person that just goes with flow, letting things happen with no real plan or strategy in life.

As with life things go wrong which is represented in the way you always lose pieces in a jigsaw, sometimes the pieces are never found again, other times the are found, or even sometimes replaced. Sometimes the forever lost pieces can represent unfinished business from the result of death

Love can be represented as that one piece you been searching for to join the jigsaw together, where everything starts to become clear, becoming the centre important piece. This normally starts of with it being the pieces that you can put together but make no sense till later, as mentioned above.

The heartbreak can be represented when you accidentally drop the jigsaw, or something happens to it to scramble it up, be it from anger, stupidity, carelessness or a varying amount of factors to destroy the picture you have created. Some people give up with the picture at this point, thus representing suicide. Others continue on, picking up the pieces, rebuilding what the had worked so hard for.

War is shown as when a piece is damaged or ripped, this can be repaired if one wishes it to be, or it can be prevented if we just be careful about what we do in life

The jigsaw is never completed, the bigger just keeps getting bigger and bigger, until the last piece is set. Thus the end of the jigsaw, in other words when we die. Although some of the picture can be carried on by a good friend, a sibling, in the same way a legacy is held through the a bloodline.

A thing we must all remember that within a jigsaw is someone elses jigsaw that we must treat with care and respect. You get the times where a friend will point out where a piece will go, guiding you in the right direction, or do something for you making your picture part of theres.

The image of world peace could possibly suggest everyone working together to create a beautiful image where everyone is part of the same picture, meaning we are all equal and integral parts of the jigsaw to complete the full puzzle of life. Everyone has there role to add a piece to the world jigsaw, be it evil or good. In this vision of everyone being part of the jigsaw, life is precious.

To finish the picture we must not lose pieces, destroy or damage pieces, or ruin the picture for others.

Finish jigsaw for yourself, others and for the world and make sure its the prettiest picture youve ever seen.

Sergeant Hartman
08-11-2006, 10:01 PM
I thought life was a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get next.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Okay, guys, considering the first post appears to have been copied from a sappy good-will chain email and offers prettymuch no opportunity for actual discussion, this thread is now about jigsaw puzzles. Do you like them? Is five hundred pieces enough or do you get really prideful and go for the ten thousands? For the completed image, do you prefer kittens or unicorns?

Rye
08-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Jigsaws are pretty neat. 500 is usually what I go for when I feel like puzzlin', but even that's a bit much. I used to do puzzles all the time when I was little in my grandma's house in Queens. :)

lovehurts
08-11-2006, 10:25 PM
ARGH!!! I cant read all of that.:eek:

Old Manus
08-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I can do jigsaws up to 500 piece, but any more than that and I unfortunately begin to lose concentration and motivation to keep going. :(

edczxcvbnm
08-11-2006, 11:31 PM
I have this bitch of a jigsaw puzzle. It is a 500 piece 3D puzzle of the sears tower. It is so hard!

farplaner
08-12-2006, 12:40 AM
It has become a family tradition at Christmas to complete a 1,000 piece puzzle. We usually only have a day or two to complete it, and we always do.....Great story, huh?:quina:

feona17
08-12-2006, 01:00 AM
I lose motivation after 500 pieces. I get side-tracked easily.

Moon Rabbits
08-12-2006, 04:35 AM
Jigsaws are the devil's toy. I don't put them together.

Posted in this thread lol.