PDA

View Full Version : Would you eat it?

Ultima Shadow
08-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Ok, so... let's pretend you walk around in a forest for some reason (searching for blueberries, maybe?) and then you find a rather strange-looking mushroom. When you walk closer, the mushroom says "please, don't eat me!". Yes, that's right! You've found the one and only living mushroom in the world.

Now, you would probably either go like "WTF?" or "OMG! HAXX!" but let's pretend you actually managed to come up with a... well... NOT extremely retarded and nerdy phrase, for a change, like: "Who are you?" or "How come you can talk?"

The mushroom explains that he/she/it contains a magical, un-natural energy that makes this possible. This magical energy is also so powerful that if someone would eat him/her/it thus consuming the magical energy, the one who eated him/her/it would be granted 1 wish.

Yeah, so by eating the mushroom, you would be able to have ALMOST any one wish granted. The magical energy still got its limmits so wishing for more wishes, wishing for world-domination and wishing to be god etc, wouldn't work. But almost anything other than that would be possible. Also, even if you wished for the ability to revive people, you still wouldn't be able to revive the mushroom as the magical energy was spent on that wish, and the mushroom can't live without that energy.

The mushrooms seems like a really nice creature, and wants to go to many places and see more of the world as well as making friends etc.

But... all you need to do to have (almost) ANY one wish granted, is to eat that poor thing. If you don't eat it, then maybe someone else will do it! Maybe, if you do it quickly, it won't feel any pain.

But then again... who wouldn't like to be friend with a talking mushroom? Mushrooms also have the right to live!

It's a hard choise, to me atleast. What would YOU do? :greenie:

Oh, and please take this seriously. I almost considered posting it in EoEO. But then I figured more people would check it out if I posted it here instead.

Hambone
08-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't eat it. I don't like Mushrooms. They taste icky. And if I was gonna eat and wish for something, it would be more wishes. But I couldn't wish for more wishes even if I did eat the poor thing. So, there you have it.

RyaMai
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
It really depends on what fungi it has similarities to in my World of Fungi highly illustrated and underated hand book.

Erm. >.>

Dreddz
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Nothing wrong with eating mushrooms from woods, I'd gobble that thing whole....get a wish too :p

Raven Nox
08-11-2006, 11:47 PM
I can't really think of anything I want that would really be worth eating the mushroom, so there wouldn't really be any point. I'd try to befriend it. A mushroom friend would be awesome. =D

Cookie
08-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Only if i could wish for a never ending supply of wishes. That has always been my first choice wish. :p

StarChild
08-12-2006, 12:02 AM
i don't like mushrooms, they kind of scare me

Fuego
08-12-2006, 12:03 AM
I would ask for the ability to (if of course i wanted to none of that king midas and his golden touch crap XD ) touch someone and heal them . any affliction . cancer or broken bones mended and i could do it forever . who knows maybe i could cheat death somehow and live forever healing people ... also if i was the greedy type i could make a killing by going town to town healing for money or something. if i was greedy >.<

Ultima Shadow
08-12-2006, 12:06 AM
I would ask for the ability to (if of course i wanted to none of that king midas and his golden touch crap XD ) touch someone and heal them . any affliction . cancer or broken bones mended and i could do it forever . who knows maybe i could cheat death somehow and live forever healing people ... also if i was the greedy type i could make a killing by going town to town healing for money or something. if i was greedy >.<Yay! Finally someone who understands the potentional of eating a mushroom!

Fuego
08-12-2006, 12:07 AM
LMAO thank you Ultima Shadow :blush:

what would you wish for ?

farplaner
08-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Regardless of your explanation, Ultima, if I came across a talking mushroom I would suspect that I had already eaten a mushroom or two.

That aside, I wonder why a talking mushroom's first words upon seeing me would be, "Don't eat me!" Why would it automatically assume I would eat it? After all, it's not common knowledge that eating a talking mushroom will grant someone a (limited) wish. Maybe subconsciously the mushroom wants to be eaten! Therefore, if I ate it, I would be playing into it's psychological manipulations...so I wouldn't eat it. Unless...the mushroom somehow knew what my reaction would be :shifty: , and cleverly tricked me into not eating it, in which case, I would eat it!

Then I would wish that friction did not exist so that we would all have many laughs sliding helplessly all over the earth...

Ultima Shadow
08-12-2006, 12:36 AM
LMAO thank you Ultima Shadow :blush:

what would you wish for ?Not completely sure yet. But wishing for the power to use any kind of magic is probably what I would end up choosing. Both healing and general kick-ass magic! Yay! :cool:

rubah
08-12-2006, 12:39 AM
My first thought was 'I'd be its friend!' then I looked at the choices and saw that that was a choice and I was happy.

LunarWeaver
08-12-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm sorry little shroom, but I would eat you. I would wish for the power to control time, and however far shroomie's magic can take that is what I'd be happy to get.

Fuego
08-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Nice ... i shoulda thought of that ... XD

Psychotic
08-12-2006, 12:49 AM
I wouldn't eat it. It said "please".

BakerMan
08-12-2006, 12:57 AM
I would probably eat it and wish for eternal life and spend the rest of my left assisting people. Scientific achievements that would save lives, so pretty much I would help people. Otherwise I would keep it, clone it and have an unlimited ammount of wished*MWA HA HA HA HA* and no thats not breaking the rules....

Fuego
08-12-2006, 01:00 AM
But how do you clone the magic thats keeping it alive ? or is that your 1st wish.

Tavrobel
08-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Since its powers are not able to give me what I want, I would befriend it. It would be enough for it to help me do anything on its own volition, that I would rule everyone in the world, without a wish, but rather, through coercion. The mushroom is my friend.

KentaRawr!
08-12-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm not so cruel as to eat the whole thing! I'd only eat half of the poor 'lil guy!

Anaisa
08-12-2006, 01:38 AM
I wouldn't eat it. That would be cruel.

Fuego
08-12-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm not so cruel as to eat the whole thing! I'd only eat half of the poor 'lil guy!

LMAO !!!!! Thats sooo funny Kentarou ! make it suffer !

Zeromus_X
08-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Magic would be nice. :cat:

I Took the Red Pill
08-12-2006, 01:44 AM
I would eat it. No doubt. Most of us eat things that were once living all the time. This is no different, plus the added bonus of a wish. The decision is easy in my mind.

Mirage
08-12-2006, 03:14 AM
I'd take it home and keep it safe from others who would want to eat it, in exchange, I'd like a tiny bit of its power. If that's possible. If not, I'd probably eat it.

Cookie
08-12-2006, 03:17 AM
I would eat it. No doubt. Most of us eat things that were once living all the time. This is no different, plus the added bonus of a wish. The decision is easy in my mind.

Yeah lol imagine eating a chicken wing and getting a wish, that would be sick!!!

lovehurts
08-12-2006, 03:20 AM
I wouldn't eat it. It said "please".

That was good! :p

Monster Hunt
08-12-2006, 03:24 AM
probably not...

Christmas
08-12-2006, 03:29 AM
The mushrooms seems like a really nice creature, and wants to go to many places and see more of the world as well as making friends etc.

He can make friends with all the other mushrooms I had eaten inside my STOMACH.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM
The mushroom is an idiot for telling you that it contains magical powers if you eat it. He is basically asking to be eaten. Having said that I still wouldn't eat it since
1. Fair chance he may be poisonous
2. I would never kill any living creature out of spite

daggertrepe
08-12-2006, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't eat it. I would pick it and send it to a museum and get payed for discovering it. :)

Nominus Experse
08-13-2006, 05:29 AM
I would pick the little wondrous creature up and set him in my room; however, if ever the mushroom became an annoyance, or made threats and so on, then I would immediately go about consuming it.

Or I would go into biogenetics and the like and try to dicover a method of cloning this magical creature. That way I would have nigh infinite wishes...

But if I couldn't discover a way to clone it, and it became an annoyance of any sort, then I would immediately create a lovely mushroom pasta out of it. Nothing has magic go down better than Fetticini Mushroom Chicken/Shrimp Pasta.

-N-
08-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Aren't all mushrooms living?

NorthernChaosGod
08-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Fuck that little mushroom, I'd eat it. But not without first gaining its trust and making it think that I wouldn't eat it.

Then I'd make my wish. :cool: