PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Movies

Chocobo King
08-12-2006, 05:38 AM
I think it would be really cool since Square-Enix made a movie of Final Fantasy VII, that they could make one of VIII, IX, X, and X-2. (since those are the latest one, and XII and Dirge of Cerberus arent out yet)What do you guys think?:D

Vyk
08-12-2006, 08:32 AM
AC was a sequal to 7. X-2 was a sequal to X. So I don't think X needs a movie when it already got its sequal. And I think 8 tired up the lose ends nicely in its ending. 7 got a sequal not only because of its popularity, but because of all the possibility its ending left. Nothing was diffinitively tied up. It was all open-ended and up to interpretation. So I think out of those options the only likely one would have to be X-2 as I can't speak on that since I haven't played it. But I think the FFX franchise might have already lived its life anyway.

FFV got a sequal anime of sorts. I'd settle for an anime about everyday life after FF6. I liked those characters. But again, things were pretty well tied up in that ending too so I don't expect it'd be too dramatic.

Thorn
08-12-2006, 10:09 AM
If they do. They have to be very careful about it, if one of them is a flop. It will scar their company's name.

I didnt like AC at all, so I dont care.

Sefie1999AD
08-12-2006, 03:30 PM
FFVIII movie would have a tagline "Whatever" because it would be featuring Squall and because I couldn't really care about it. :p I don't think SE will make a movie about FFIX, considering they don't seem to show much interest in that game, and it's not a popular fan favorite, either. FFX and FFX-2 have already had their storylines shown. What would you expect to happen in an FFX movie, a prequel storyline about Braska's pilgrimage or a sequel storyline where something like this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=89781) happens? :D So no, I'm not really all that interested in FF movies based on FFs 8-10.

BustaMo
08-12-2006, 04:12 PM
No. I want the time spent on Squenix making the new games for us, not movies...

Twilight Edge
08-12-2006, 05:21 PM
No.

VIII-All tied up,nothing much left to tell.
IX-Same as above,and also not very popular either.
X-You already have X-2.

boys from the dwarf
08-15-2006, 09:13 AM
a sequel for FFVIII is probably the most likely out of all four of them but i still vote no. FFIX is popular enough. its not completely hated and its loads of peoples favourite or near favourite but i dont really see a sequel being made. X and X-2. they have already made enough FFX stuff and a filom is just OTT. i doubt there is anything left to make a film about.

Marluxiaswife
08-15-2006, 08:45 PM
I think they should make a ffx and ffx-2 movie
frist change there ages, then
take time in ffx-2 and not making ffx-2 about characters movie
then = what a great movie!

Rosenti
08-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I think they should make a ffx and ffx-2 movie
frist change there ages, then
take time in ffx-2 and not making ffx-2 about characters movie
then = what a great movie!

heh yeah

chronic_Maniac
08-17-2006, 06:27 AM
I think FF6, 4, 5, 3, 2, should all have a short anime movie if anything. Its just hard taking old ideas on what the characters would look like. I'm sure they could do it though. If any of the above, I'd say FF8