PDA

View Full Version : XMEN 3 SUCKED!?

lovehurts
08-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Im watching x-2 which I used to enjoy more but after seeing xmen3 its like the whole series is not as good anymore.

I Took the Red Pill
08-12-2006, 06:03 AM
The first was the best in my opinion, but X-3 came in second by a close margin. What didn't you like about it?

lovehurts
08-12-2006, 06:06 AM
The first was the best in my opinion, but X-3 came in second by a close margin. What didn't you like about it?

It killed Professor X. They killed cyclops in the worse way imaginable , cyclops fans probabally died of shame at the theatre.

Magneto looses his powers.

Patrick stewart is dismissed from his greatest role ever in a fight that they did poorly and that he got owned in.

The pheonix is ok but a movie on her got old.

the love and character elements in the movie were destoryed in exchange for a powerfull loose pheonix ...took away greatly from Jeans character and made her less interesting to me.

I could go on...

Rostum
08-12-2006, 06:11 AM
Seen the first two, but haven't planned on seeing the third until it comes on DVD. But thanks for the spoilers Lovehurts!

I Took the Red Pill
08-12-2006, 06:14 AM
Spoilers below

It killed Professor X. Did you stay after the credits?

They killed cyclops in the worse way imaginable , cyclops fans probabally died of shame at the theatre. Cyclops was a stuck up a-hole in the movies, I wasn't too sad to see him go.

Magneto looses his powers. Didn't you see him move the metal chess piece mentally at the end?

Patrick stewart is dismissed from his greatest role ever in a fight that they did poorly and that he got owned in. Both Xavier and Magneto knew Jean was more powerful than Charles. I remember something about her being a Class 5 mutant, the only one Magneto and Charles had ever encountered.

The pheonix is ok but a movie on her got old. I agree with you on this one.

the love and character elements in the movie were destoryed in exchange for a powerfull loose pheonix ...took away greatly from Jeans character and made her less interesting to me. It's X-Men, not the West Side Story.

lovehurts
08-12-2006, 06:19 AM
Before I go on do you really want me to expand off of what you have said?

I Took the Red Pill
08-12-2006, 06:19 AM
I'm tired, not really :p

lovehurts
08-12-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm tired, not really :p

Ok :D

Vyk
08-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Xavier dies in the comics, and I'm not going to spoiler that 'cause I'm sure people care more about the movie which has already been mentioned. So they took a nod to the comics there. Plus Xavier made Magneto catatonic in one universe of X-Men in the comics. So temporarily losing his powers in a movie isn't a big deal. Also Jean was basically killed off for the Phoenix saga in the comics too. Everyone came back in one form or another. But the movie was just nodding to the comics while staying in its own realm. Though I do think they tried to tie too much together. Trying to make a movie about the dark Phoenix and then barely having her role any light was a little inane. But considering they were trying to make it realistic most of it was believable enough

lovehurts
08-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Xavier dies in the comics, and I'm not going to spoiler that 'cause I'm sure people care more about the movie which has already been mentioned. So they took a nod to the comics there. Plus Xavier made Magneto catatonic in one universe of X-Men in the comics. So temporarily losing his powers in a movie isn't a big deal. Also Jean was basically killed off for the Phoenix saga in the comics too. Everyone came back in one form or another. But the movie was just nodding to the comics while staying in its own realm. Though I do think they tried to tie too much together. Trying to make a movie about the dark Phoenix and then barely having her role any light was a little inane. But considering they were trying to make it realistic most of it was believable enough

Yes I know all this . Pheonix has the power to bring back X-er and is too powerfull to stay dead
Magneto runs the xmen at one point

It all sounds horrid to me...
There is no permanet cure for the mutant gene blah blah balh . The movie sucked and wont be the same with out patrik stewart if they make another one.

Psydekick
08-12-2006, 08:21 AM
I havent actaully watched the second but i loved the first and i thought the 3rd was awesome as well:p

4evarisha
08-12-2006, 08:40 AM
I love it because it was storm vs callisto:)

lovehurts
08-12-2006, 08:42 AM
What about the demise of the actor patrick stewart? I dont think the movies could ever be the same without him.

Vyk
08-12-2006, 10:40 AM
They don't plan on making another X-Men movie. They're doing Magneto and (I think) Wolverine as spin-offs and I'm pretty sure that's it for now

Germ Hamee
08-12-2006, 10:49 AM
I hear ya, bro. There was a day that I thought X2 was one of the most amazing, climactic movies I've ever seen. Ohh, the excitement I would get from seeing the form of phoenix beneath the lake.

X3 completely destroyed everything. The worst part is that they knew they screwed everything up, going as far as taking everything back at the end. It was a complete waste of time. They butchered the series and tried glueing it all back together.

Roto13
08-12-2006, 01:48 PM
I thought it was pretty good, really. It was a fun popcorn movie, and that's all I was expecting, because that's all I really got from the first two. Cyclops' death was the best thing to ever happen in the history of ever. No, wait, I take that back. The fact that they stopped looking for him after they found Jean was the best thing to ever happen in the history of ever. :P

Sefie1999AD
08-12-2006, 02:33 PM
I thought X-Men 3 was a pretty good film for the third movie of the trilogy. It didn't have that much character development or storyline, but it had a lot drama, tragic twists and war action. At first, I thought X3 was the worst of the trilogy and X2 the best, but now that I think about it, I think I'm starting to like X1 the best because its storyline had the most heart and emotion. X2 was some good action, but I noticed that it got less interesting when I watched it again, and I've been recently starting to like war action better than "normal" beat-em-up action.

Maxico
08-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Whatever happened to marking spoilers?

Cookie
08-12-2006, 02:53 PM
The films will never be anything on the comics. When i used to read them i remeber excellent story and characters, which aren't used in the films. Some of the acting was poor, with the money Marvel have they really could have gone all out and got every famous face around. Also, a lot of the best characters from the comics aren't used, which was very disappointing. When the first film came out i was like "wow! that is the best film ever made, let's go out and play x- men!" But i was a kid and now realise it was just action with just crappy story, "Magneto's gonna kill all the humans. ok let's go stop him." And then they stop him. Sabretooth would not die off that!!!!! I barely watched x2 and have not seen x3. I would still like to see it even though these films get on my nerves.

Venom
08-12-2006, 03:09 PM
I havent seen it yet.

Dreddz
08-12-2006, 03:21 PM
The change in director was the reason X3 sucked. Bryan Singer directed the first two films but went to go do Superman and left X-men. Im glad he did as Superman was awesome !

Breine
08-12-2006, 04:19 PM
I voted that it was okay. Although it had lots of cool action sequences and despite the fact that Phoenix was in it, it didn't really deliver in the way that the other two movies did. Maybe it was because that Brett Ratner suddenly had to direct it because Bryan Singer went on to do Superman Returns (which was a great movie by the way), but it was almost certainly because there were too many characters in the movie. Many of the old ones like Rogue, Mystique and Cyclops did not get very much screen time, and that really bothered me a lot - plus many meaningless things happened throughout the movie (e.g. the deaths of Cyclops and Xavier and the de-powering of Rogue and Mystigue) Meh, it was okay, but it was just sad that it was only okay when the 2nd one really rocked my socks off :eep:

Vyk
08-12-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm surprised Storm got the screen time she did, considering last I heard Halle Berry was being a whiney baby and throwing a hissy fit about not being the star and they were thinking of canning her. And it was known for a long time Cyclopse was only going to get about 20 minutes of screen time so everyone guessed he was going to die so that didn't surprise me. And Nightcrawler only did the one movie to make some money for his private things, he never intended to do any more than that so I knew he wasn't going to be around either. I think it was just bad timing. I'm not sure why Cyclopse was supposed to get so little screen time. If they intended to kill him, or decided to kill him off because he had to go do something else. Rogue was basically just a side story in the second one, and even more so in this one. They stripped her of her Ms Marvel powers from the comics so I wouldn't expect she could do much considering the situations in the third movie.

Also, last I heard Marvel had filed for bankruptcy and Image comics bailed them out. In fact I think they bought them out and just let the studios keep the Marvel name and continue their work but I"m pretty sure Marvel is owned by Image. So no, they don't have the money to do whatever they want. In fact I highly doubt Marvel even paid for the movie at all. They probably GOT paid for it. In royalties and such

Del Murder
08-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Yep, sucked.

Hambone
08-13-2006, 02:23 AM
I never actually saw it.

Sefie1999AD
08-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Many of the old ones like Rogue, Mystique and Cyclops did not get very much screen time, and that really bothered me a lot - plus many meaningless things happened throughout the movie (e.g. the deaths of Cyclops and Xavier and the de-powering of Rogue and Mystigue) Meh, it was okay, but it was just sad that it was only okay when the 2nd one really rocked my socks off :eep:

That's what annoyed me too. Rogue was my favorite character in the original X-Men movie, and I liked her character in X2 too, but she got way too little development in X3. Angel, Colossus and most of the new characters, especially the villains, got too little development, IMHO. If there will be an X4 movie, I think they should give these younger X-Men characters a lot more time and leave veterans like Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Storm (Halle Berry) as minor characters. We've already seen enough of Berry, and Wolverine's getting his own movie.

auhin
08-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Loved it! My favorite, it wrapped up everything pretty well I thought. And it had...
BEAST!]
First of all, Kelsey Grammer is an awesome actor, and Beast is the best X-men, so how can you not like that combo? ANgel was kinda annyoing, but everyone else was really good. Definitely the best in the series.

Mercen-X
08-13-2006, 10:57 PM
They killed Cyclops in the worst way imaginable, Cyclops fans probabally died of shame at the theater.In X-Men Xtreme or whatever the hell it was called, the writers made Cyclops gay. I prefer him dead.

Magneto loses his powers.He seems to be getting them back by the end.

Patrick Stewart is dismissed from his greatest role ever in a fight that they did poorly and that he got owned in.He was pit against the Phoenix! Also, most likely Mr. Stewart has other roles he's looking forward to portraying besides a telepath in a wheelchair.

The Phoenix is ok but a movie on her got old.. . . I can't disagree.
If there will be an X4 movie, I think they should give these younger X-Men characters a lot more time.It wouldn't be X4, it would be X-Men: Evolution, followed by New Mutants, Legend of X-Factor, Alpha Force . . . crap after crap after crap.