PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill

Rosenti
08-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Has anyone here seen Silent Hill? i live in denmark and it has been the cinema, it was pretty good.. one of my favs.. i just wanted to know what you think about it.. if you have seen it?

Dreddz
08-12-2006, 03:25 PM
It was.....alright, seem better horror movies, but as it stands, it was good for a VG-Movie. It nailed the atmosphere well. It definately felt like Silent Hill ( unlike other VG-Movies ( Doom ), it just wasnt that good.

Shaded Mazoku
08-12-2006, 03:25 PM
I liked the film, but I like the game a lot more. It has more of an atmosphere.

But the film wasn't as bad as I'd feared at all. I enjoyed it. It just didn't feel as scary as the games do.

Giga Guess
08-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I thought it was pretty good....but it kinda fell off the track near the end. I think someone else mentioned....the never go into the cult in the games (Save a few characters to symbolize it) BECAUSE THEY'RE BORING!

Rosenti
08-12-2006, 08:12 PM
lol

Cloudstrife4003
08-12-2006, 08:20 PM
The games were WAY better......But it was good..

Nominus Experse
08-12-2006, 08:34 PM
The first half hour was the classic stumbling as it tries to set up a plotline for the audience, but after that first half hour, it seemed to be moderately alright. The games, naturally, are going to be superior as they create much more of an atmosphere and depth to the characters and story, but for a movie, it was alright. The visual quality of the movie captured that which was in the game quite well, and for that, I was pleased.

Just, when put up against other horror movies, there are so many others that are much, much better, but then again, they don't have a game to ahere to...

It was pretty good - nothing special, but for the ability to capture the visual feel of the game, and yet it wasn't anything terrible either.

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-12-2006, 09:03 PM
I enjoyed it, and will probably get it on DVD. This is probably only because I'm a HUGE fan of the Silent Hill games. If I wasn't, i doubt I'd have really liked this movie. Which sucks because it has so much potential.

BardTard
08-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I saw it, I loved it. :D

Germ Hamee
08-12-2006, 09:29 PM
I liked it. There were a few points I liked even better than the games, but overall it could have been a lot better. It's just a visual feast for the Silent Hill fanatic. They captured the atmosphere well (although it was sometimes a little... uh... bright), and nailed the monsters dead on. The "final boss" was amazing, I don't care what anyone says.

What I didn't like? BURN THE WITCH! -.- It was so annoying. Stfu already, please.

Shiny
08-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Pros About the movie: It stayed true to the Silent Hill atmosphere and included some of the gorest and most well-known monsters (a.k.a Pyramid Head).

Cons About the Movie: They made Harry into Rose. Also, they did not give enough screen time to most of the monsters. Instead they kept annoyingly switching back to Sean Bean and that detective dude.

Overall: It was an alright movie to see atleast once. I loved the ending and it left room for a sequel. It wasn't as bad as most video-game movies.

Aralith
08-12-2006, 11:24 PM
You know, probably one of the best VG-movies that I have ever seen. As many have said, it had that Silent Hill atmosphere just nailed. It wasn't as scary, but you definitely got the feeling that it was the Silent Hill that we all know and love from the games. Yeah, making a girl the main character was a little strange, but not too bad. As Nominus Experse said, the first half hour or so was just trying to set up a decent plot. I think the funniest scene was the opening where the girl cornily screamed, "Silent Hill!" over and over.

The monsters were amazing. I loved Pyramid Head. He's probably my favorite monster from those games, and they just made him perfectly. I especially enjoyed the scene where Rose and Cybil were in that one room and Pyramid Head was sticking his sword through the door trying to get them. Very reminiscient of the elevator scene in SH2 where Marie dies for the first time.

However, the whole idea of introducing someone on the outside world who was trying to get to them and how they never got transported to Dark Silent Hill, but whatever. It was only a minor plot hole. The cult to me seemed a bit much, what with their whole "burn the witch" thing. I mean, they said it to everyone, like, even some of their own members.

I must agree with others, the "last boss" was freaking awesome, picking people up with the barbed wire or whatever it was. That was pretty cool. I think they ended it perfectly. They managed to get out alive but they were still in the alternate reality that Dark Silent Hill is in. So in they end, they were in the same room, but neither of them knew it and even if they did, they couldn't do anything about it.

Overall, I found it pretty good. A lot better than I expected, especially considering the name that this movie had to live up to. Sure there are better horror movies out there, but this one is still pretty good. I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out on DVD.

Slothy
08-12-2006, 11:35 PM
I liked the first half or so up until they run across the cult. Up until then they nailed the SH atmosphere perfectly and I was really digging it. After that, much of that atmosphere they had managed to establish was gone, and the plot went beyond just boring. The movie honestly made me cringe (not in a good way) during most of the second half, and I was wishing I had just gotten up and left by the end. The first half was a good SH movie, but the second half ruined it utterly for me. I wouldn't even say this is anything close to the best VG movie I've ever seen. I say the original Mortal Kombat is still probably the best going (even without the gore, they managed to stay pretty true to the game in that one while also making it a reasonably enjoyable movie).

Rosenti
08-13-2006, 01:16 AM
I love how when the sirens start ringing and everything off the walls fall and it turns to metal.. hahah scary.. At the start some very gay parts were introduced.. such as the little girl keep screaming "silent hill" she did it in a funny way.. it could of been a better actress.. But near the end she was okay actress

DynasticJam
08-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Boy I love this movie, I think the reason for this is probably because I've never seen anything like it before in my life. It's not a horror, well, it's not your usual "mad killer chasing innocent woman" plot, it's a lot different than that. In my opinion, its the most succesful movie that has been born from a video game. I've even got in contact with the Director of it because i loved it so much!

Rosenti
08-13-2006, 01:31 AM
they defintly caught the atmosphere. The whole ash thing as snow was cool..
In the SH game is it snow or ash falling?

By the way.. was pyrmid head guy a normal person once or something?

ow and go on the net and look up the town called centralia and you might just be in shock that a the town and history of Silent Hill.. really exsists.. the spirits to.. not monster dough lol

~ No need to double post