PDA

View Full Version : How long will I be able to fetch all the stuff in Star Ocean: The Second Story?

Peter_20
08-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Right now I'm about to enter Clik for the first time, and being the perfectionist that I am (:rolleyes2) I wanna make sure there *not a single Pickpocket item* to miss from any person in the game.

So, how long will I be able to steal the initial stuff from the populations of Arlia, Salva, Cross and so on? :)

ValkyrieWing
08-12-2006, 03:24 PM
I actually never pickpocketed everything. It was hard to do, and it greatly interfered with the emotional levels of my characters.

Zeromus_X
08-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Oh goodness, pickpocketing is very tough sometimes. But you can get alot of really good items. Does your main character have the Dexterity talent? I've heard that that helps greatly to increase the success of pickpocketing.

Now...if I remember correctly, there are two items that help your stealing rate increase. The Bandit's Glove (which I think is required for stealing) and the Magician's Hand which is gotten much later in the story. I'm not completely sure, but check A l e x's dazzling faq on Gamefaqs to make sure.

Some things to look out for:

-Battle Suits. From Ernest in Private Actions (means you can't get Ashton and must get Opera), and from an ensign on the Calnus during Eluria Tower (in Claude's story).

-Bunny Shoes. From the Bunny mascot in Fun City, I think.

-SANTA BOOTS!! After you can go back to Expel with 'virtual reality' (*snicker*), pickpocket the kid in the newlywed's house (looks like they had a kid). This may take many tries, but I did it in a few tries.

That's all I can think of for now.