PDA

View Full Version : Confusing

Cruise Control ^_^
08-12-2006, 04:53 PM
I never got some of the laws.

Such as:
Copycat
Ganging up

I've beaten the game like twice and still don't know.

tailz
08-12-2006, 05:28 PM
copycat : cant use the same comand as the car before you (not sure if this goes for allys and enemies though)

ganging up : if you dont understand this you probably havent found out about the wonderfull world of combo's, if more then one character has a combo and stand in the range of the enemie char. and one of your characters uses combo they all attack (not sure if everyone in the combo will get a card though)

hope that helpt you out

Nominus Experse
08-12-2006, 09:47 PM
copycat : cant use the same comand as the car before you (not sure if this goes for allys and enemies though)

It applies for both. For instance, if an enemy uses the Sniper command Double Shot, and then it becomes your turn, and you happen to ALSO use the Sniper's Double Shot action, then you will recieve a card. Same goes for any A-Ability, whether that be Fight, Black Magic, Corner, etc...

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 03:20 AM
If there is no one else who owns the game near you, then Combo's are a little more difficult to come by, since you can't do alot of trading with Nono. Nono is totally pimped out for getting Mithril weapons, since you just buy any "metal" he has. When I say Nono himself is great for getting stuff, I Really mean that he is really useful in stocking up stores with trade goods.

Skyblade
08-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Mithril weapons are easy to get. They drop with fairly nice regularity from any random clan encounter. About a third to half of your random clan encounters should get you a Mithril weapon.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Then I'm getting screwed over majorly here LOL. I get them so rarely that I actually jump up and dance when I get a new mithril weapon.

Nominus Experse
08-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Same here - it seemed that I had terrible luck, all of the time.

Oh, and as for that of the Gaining Up law, it is the FIRST UNIT that recieves the penalty, not all of them, nor is the penalty placed on a random unit of those that particpated in the combo.

Skyblade
08-14-2006, 05:59 AM
Same here - it seemed that I had terrible luck, all of the time.

Oh, and as for that of the Copycat law, it is the FIRST UNIT that recieves the penalty, not all of them, nor is the penalty placed on a random unit of those that particpated in the combo.

Well, I might be exaggerating a little, but I've always had fairly nice luck with the Mithril weapons. The hard part is when you only have one or two left and you're trying to find those.

You're talking about Ganging Up, not Copycat. But you're right other than that.

Nominus Experse
08-14-2006, 06:25 AM
You're talking about Ganging Up, not Copycat. But you're right other than that.
Errr, yeah, fixed that. Cursed typographical errors.

Western Paladin
08-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't even want to think about how much pain it is going to cause me when I only need 1 more mithril weapon and I can't seem to get it. That will probably be when I go out and buy another copy of the game so I can keep trading until I get it. May be expensive in the real world, but hell, this game is worth a lot more than money to me. 450 hours towards perfecting my strike-force has taught me that some things are worth more than money. And combo's are supposed to be a really big part of the game, as far as the game-makers intended, but we are all suffering heavily from lack-of-mithril, except for skyblade...

Auragaea
08-15-2006, 12:00 AM
You get a lot of Mythril weapons early on. Before you fight the first Totema, the chances are really high, but afterwards, the chances quickly decrease. Also, the earlier it is in the game, the more common mythril weapons you get (like swords, daggers, bows, etc). You get the more advanced mythril weapons (souls, guns, longbows, etc) as you progress through the first few missions.

Western Paladin
08-16-2006, 05:16 AM
aw hell. I didn't bother looking for mithril early on, so I guess I'm paying for it right now. I got like half of the total combos, and there are like 30-36 different ones (roughly) and I got like 18 i think. painfully slow getting them... I will get them all, though. And I'll be damned if I ever give up on this game.

tailz
08-16-2006, 09:10 AM
weapons like mace work for two you know claws also do that so your porbably well on your way to learning all combos.

there are more of these weapons but i cant be bothered to type em all down caus i have to check first.

Western Paladin
08-17-2006, 10:34 PM
yeah I am missing only a few things worth having, like about 10 different mithril weapons and a Zeus mace. that's about it. I know that the mace teaches Ultima Blow, and that it is an extremely useful little piece of equipment, but I just can't seem to find it!