PDA

View Full Version : i really suck?

kidney / theif
08-13-2006, 12:24 AM
i am level 97, valor, wisdom, master, final are maxed out, summon at level 3 or 4 (can't remember, not like it matters...) and i still can't beat sephiroth. i only last about 30 seconds. true story.. :cry:

sos

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-13-2006, 12:32 AM
wtf, yes

Tavrobel
08-13-2006, 12:40 AM
You don't have the right abilities or equipment equipped. Just because you can level up a Form, doesn't mean you can handle a battle that is entirely meant to be optional and difficult (not that it is, when you know what you are doing).

However, if you are playing on Beginner Mode, then you are indeed, hopeless.

I'll let someone else field the answer to beating Sephiroth. My playing style is... unorthodox.

Dynast-Kid
08-13-2006, 12:49 AM
This is how I beat him,if it doesn't help you though,I can't help you either.

I always use the Ultima Weapon when fighting Sephy cause it has MP Hastega so you can use Trinity Limit many times quickly...

When I fought Sephy I used what I like to call the Trinity/Berserk strategy...
-Equip Ultima Weapon
-Have Berserk Drive ability equipped
-Have many elixirs and potions(change your quick access menu to Curaga and elixirs)
When you first start the battle and do the reaction command, during the "animation period" switch over to the limit page and perform Trinity Limit.Afterwards you can perform a string of unlimited hits until your MP recharges where you can then do another Trinity Limit.Whenever he floats up into the air and does his Heartless Angel attack,if you are close enough run up and hit him,if not,get an elixir ready to go.Whenever he sends those orbs around you,just hit them back to him.When he does the fire pillar attack,I just glided in the opposite direction.When he performs Meteo,glide around it if you can and attack him until he dies.But before he does all of those attacks just keep using the Trinity Limit/Berserk strategy.

NOTE:Try not to get caught up in his aerial attacks.

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Level isn't as important as your skill ability to memorize his attack pattern. Just check around for strategies, I posted one in another thread once, so just look around.

Edit: I left the computer on too long. Let me look for it.

Edit: I found it!

Stage One: Right when the battle begins, press triangle for a reaction command to block his supersonic slash attack. You'll have to do this throughout the entire battle. (It's easy.) Let him knock you into the air. Right when you get into the air, and he reappears, do three (or is it two?) square combos and a X combo. You can also do a partial X combo and use square to knock him into the air and then do a full combo. Sometimes he'll do a series of slashes if you get near him, so just glide/dash away.

Stage Two: He'll say something like 'know your place' and start glowing. He'll now teleport around the room. Glide/Slide Dash (preferable Dash) away from him. He'll also use Heartless Angel from time to time. You'll have a window of opportunity to knock him out of it. Double Jump/Glide up to him, and smack him. If it hits, immediately use an Elixir or Hi-Potion. He'll also unleash orbs of darkness that home in on you. Use Reflega to knock them away. He'll also move towards you while he does his series of slashes, glide away this time.

State Three: Same as the second stage, but now he'll summon meteors to attack you. Glide from side to side or around the stage to dodge this. If they hit, immediately use that ability that allows you to stabilize yourself while in the air. (Forgot the name.)

He isn't so hard, once you pin down his attack pattern.

Can't help with your other question. Use an faq or guide for synth materials.

Edit: Second Chance and Once More are very helpful if you screw up, and while Berserker Rage is nice, it definitely isn't necessary. You want to conserve MP for Reflega anyway.

I still don't like Trinity Limit.

Anyway, I'm dying to see what strategy you use, Tavrobel. :cat:

kidney / theif
08-13-2006, 01:25 AM
thanks.

and i am on normal mode.

Tavrobel
08-13-2006, 02:33 AM
Anyway, I'm dying to see what strategy you use, Tavrobel. :cat:

I'll be honest. I've never actually beat any of the games I have. I suck at them. I can't even get past Twilight Thorn at level 30 on Beginner Mode. My strategy is just to go to the PS2, yell at Sephiroth, and say "HAH I WIN LOSER! WINNED!" My friend gamesharked Sephiroth so I could try to fight him. It's just, they are SO HARD! I mean with the button pushing!? Ohh, GOOD GOD! So many buttons. There's the X button, then the O button. There's a /\ and Square buttons. I don't know which ones to press. I'm also illiterate, so I can't read the instruction manual. I'm also dyslexic and blind. I WOULD try to play based on sound, but I'm deaf too. I even have a special braille computer that gives me the responses of people in braille so I can feel it. But I burned off my fingers in a severe accident, so I have to use my feet, which were replaced after this car crash I was in. I think Mike Tyson ate my ears and nose, too. Why would he want to eat my nose!? I NEED TRUE OLFACTORY! I NEED MORE OLFACTORY THAN YOU KNOW! And I think there's a tumor in my brain, so liek i typ riek ths n ppl cant r33d ti bc im a newb who c4nt typ3 we77.

Then I just shut the PS2 off, and walk away and eat some cake because I always Marick.

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 02:34 AM
It should be noted that I beat him at level 61 the first time I beat him. You definitely stand a chance.

Granted, I chose the Defender path, but I don't see why it'd be that much more sturdier than the other two, but Tavrobel would know more about that than me.

Edit: xD I'm always too late.

Tavrobel
08-13-2006, 02:56 AM
That's because on the Defender Path, the ability Second Chance is learned far earlier than the other paths (level 49), compared to the Attacker Path (level 85), and the Magic Path (level 65). While stats are the same across all of the paths, the abilities, and the mindset of when you are playing, are not.

For example, when you play Attacker, and then you get hit, your first Reaction will be to go "OMG WTF HAX." If you were a Defender, then you would go "ohh, that's alright, I can survive around 2 more attacks + Second Chance." If you are a Mage, then you are completely screwed. Not only will you yell out "OMG WTF HAX!," you will also yell out "WOW WTF THE COMP IS CHEAP HOW CAN I DAMAGE HIM HE REDUCES ALL MAGIC TO ZERO!!!111!!!111oneone!!!11111!!!11!1eleven!!2!"

Second Chance is VERY important. Once More? Not so much.

I personally employ Berserk Charge and Retaliation Slash as my primary form of reducing HP (in the air, use the Square button to regain balance and attack simultaneously). When I get hit, I jump ito the air, luring Sephiroth, and when he gets close, BAM FIVE BARS GONE IN AN INSTANT, AN INSTANT THAT IS PROLONGED OVER NINETY SECONDS! I also use Quick Run when he puts up the Flame Pillars instead of Glide, because using Quick Run nullifies the sucking effect, rather Glide, which tries to outrun the sucking effect. Since my stats were balanced between Strength/Magic, I could use both Guard Break and Explosion to deal significant damage when not Berserked. I still have yet to use any one of the game's Limits.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2006, 05:46 PM
This is what i do. (and i always wait till i'm at lvl 99 so don't feel bad)
Conserve your MP for curaga and don't use potions unless you really need them.
He always uses his one attack that you have to block after Heartless angel so don't cure yourself because you won't have time.
When he sends out those black thingies just start whacking them
Make sure you have abilities like second chance, mp hastega, aerial recovery, and retaliating slash
i've also noticed that he likes to use heartless angel when you're really low on HP so try not to use too many potions then.

You best bet is to memorize his pattern and then go from there.