PDA

View Full Version : I never Got why they were always mentioning the faeries

ChibiKadaj
08-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Alright, I've been playing final fantasy viii for a long time. I get the storyline and everything. But I do not understand why they would always mention they "faeries". Could someone explain to me what it means?

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 02:44 AM
It's Squall (and co.) being put into Laguna (and co.'s) heads with Ellone's power. 'Faeries' must just be some saying they use whenever they feel like that (however it feels to have someone from the future shoved into your skull). Because it feels like faeries are watching them, or something.

Bleh, that didn't come out right. But you get the idea.

chronic_Maniac
08-13-2006, 06:38 AM
I always thought it was the GF they could use them days

G SpOtZ
08-13-2006, 07:56 AM
You see, Laguna, Kiros, and Ward are all schizos, in the sense that they have separate personalities. Behind the masculine, battling style personality, they have different faces: faces of faeries... Or rather, fairies. You know, with the pretty wings, and the sparkles. They were talking about their own personalities that were about to submerge from them.

BardTard
08-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Laguna is a fairy??? o_o I like fairies! :D

I just thought it would be a drug reference or something. Don't ask... it doesn't make sense to me either. Not completely. You know... these game characters are all on drugs...:mog:

Rantz
08-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Ellone's power does not only make Squall and co. dream about Laguna and co., but also somehow merges their power. Squall's power is added onto Laguna's, etc. Hence, whenever the party was in the 'dream world', Laguna's party would feel a boost in power and such. Since they couldn't explain it, they called the temporary power boost 'fairies'.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-13-2006, 10:25 AM
OK so can someone explain why they said something like 'the faeries are here' when it started snowing in Trabia?

G SpOtZ
08-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I already explained. Read it over and over again until you understand it.[/viatorreference]

Fairies love snow, because as pansies, they love making snow angels.

Sir Bahamut
08-13-2006, 11:53 AM
The faeries Laguna and Co mention is a term they use to describe the feelings and powers they get whenever Squall and Co are in their heads (via Ellone).

The faeries Selphie mentions when it snows is just referring to the snow. The two 'faeries' are entirely unrelated.

ChibiKadaj
08-13-2006, 05:27 PM
But that's the confusing part, When Selphie said that I was still completely lost. And I still think I am, I must replay this game and get some more information from wikipedia.

Sir Bahamut
08-13-2006, 06:16 PM
What's so confusing? You just need to take in mind that Selphies use of the word 'fairies' is entirely different from when Laguna and Co use it.

rubah
08-13-2006, 06:52 PM
It could've always been something lost in translation-- like perhaps laguna gets cold chills when squall is 'possessing' him. Or perhaps Selphie just saw laguna say it in one of his articles once and wondered what it was and made up her own definition.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-13-2006, 11:17 PM
It's Squall (and co.) being put into Laguna (and co.'s) heads with Ellone's power. 'Faeries' must just be some saying they use whenever they feel like that (however it feels to have someone from the future shoved into your skull). Because it feels like faeries are watching them, or something.

Bleh, that didn't come out right. But you get the idea.
I've always wondered that myself, but I kinda thought that was the reason. :moomba:

FTF
08-14-2006, 03:23 AM
http://hokuten.game-host.org/asklaguna/comic67.html

Sorry...:D

Captain Maxx Power
08-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Future Esthar could explain it much better than anyone else on the planet.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2006, 05:26 PM
That's just what they like to call snow in Trabia Garden. "A Gift from the Fairies" There are no fairies.

Qurange
08-15-2006, 04:31 AM
I just assume that in both cases it's a reference to the world's mythology.

DfKimera
08-15-2006, 11:21 PM
I always though 'faeries' was the characters making reference to the player's emotions and wills towards the game.

See, on Winhill, there's the option "Where am I?", which when you play the game the first time, its the main question that bothers you. However, only you, because its pretty clear that Laguna knows exactly where he is. Yet you made such question go thru his mind, and he thinks 'Must have been the faeries'...

There are liksey moments all over the game.

Sir Bahamut
08-15-2006, 11:51 PM
That explanation doesn't fit in with the snow though, because we had nothing to do with that. It happens no matter what.

Arrianna
08-16-2006, 03:31 AM
I just assumed that Selphie is just a little bit of a flake and gets excited about anything.

IceAngel
08-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I just assumed that Selphie is just a little bit of a flake and gets excited about anything.

Hehe.

Well I thought it was some kind of myth thing. I mean we do have a toothfairy... I mean its not totally real but its something you grow up knowing about. If that makes sense....