PDA

View Full Version : If Marlene is Barret's daughter, why is Marlene with Tifa?

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-13-2006, 04:49 AM
Does Barret have something important to take care of? I'm just wondering.

Kuroshima
08-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Barret is actually gay and doens't like girls... j/k. I don't know why that is.

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 05:09 AM
Barret is looking for a new energy source since Mako isn't going to work out. Apparently he was looking for oil or something. Tifa is the proprieter of 7th Heaven and a member of AVALANCHE, and she hung out with Marlene in the game, so it all makes sense.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-13-2006, 05:54 AM
He started beating her, so they called Child Protective Services on his ass.

Aralith
08-13-2006, 08:23 AM
As Zeromus_X said, he was looking for alternative energy sources and in fact leaves a message on Cloud's cell phone about finding a "big damn oil field." He ends the message with, "Make sure you're taking care of Marlene," or something to that accord. Basically, he's just a little busy and since Cloud and Tifa are already taking care of Denzel, Barret figures that they can take care of another kid and Marlene will have a playmate. I mean, you wouldn't want your child to be playing around oil drilling machinery, would you? 'Tis a little dangerous if you ask me.

Ryushikaze
08-13-2006, 08:54 AM
^ Actually, they were taking care of her before Denzel showed up, but yes Barret left Marlene in the care of the couple before scuttling round the world to try and find solutions to the impending energy crisis.

BardTard
08-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Because Marlene isn't his daughter.
:mog:

sephirothishere
08-13-2006, 10:49 AM
yeh ok this is kinda off topic maybe...but when marlene says sister when denzels head is sore and after all the raindrops in the church...(lot like great gospel)this kinda confuses me cuz its like i know people said they are related through being an ancient and thats why they can communicate..but maybe its that she has been hangin around with barret to much and hes always callin people bro and bitch and stuff maybe its jus a bad habbit like sayin jus'.....ya know....whatever....

edit:how come you cant ever see elmyra and marlene after the go and hide....elmyras probably dead or something but marlene is safe....where the hell is she.....

and btw....barret is not marlenes father...she is his friend dynes daughter...he looked after her cuz he thought dyne was dead but really he was jus goin crazy in the desert(formerly corel)and dyne was really against shinra suckin up all mako with a reactor so i thought maybe its possible that he was an ancient or that maybe his wife who was killed by shinra was an ancient......

boys from the dwarf
08-13-2006, 11:03 AM
yes. barret adopted marlene. dyne was her real father but he is dead. in the film, cloud and tifa have adopted marlene and denzel. remember when tifa says "we can help each other. i know we can." to cloud then says "i guess that only works with real families." thats means that they live together but arent married and have 2 adopted children. barret has never really been able to look after marlene anyway because of his work with avalanche (and searching for oil and energy on the film.) so its not strange that marlene often lives with other people.

Ryushikaze
08-13-2006, 04:55 PM
yeh ok this is kinda off topic maybe...but when marlene says sister when denzels head is sore and after all the raindrops in the church...(lot like great gospel)this kinda confuses me cuz its like i know people said they are related through being an ancient and thats why they can communicate..but maybe its that she has been hangin around with barret to much and hes always callin people bro and bitch and stuff maybe its jus a bad habbit like sayin jus'.....ya know....whatever....

She can sense Aerith. She isn't an Ancient, unless Tifa is an ancient too.

edit:how come you cant ever see elmyra and marlene after the go and hide....elmyras probably dead or something but marlene is safe....where the hell is she.....

Elmyra is still alive after FF7. She contracts Cloud to deliver some flowers to Aerith's grave.

and btw....barret is not marlenes father...she is his friend dynes daughter...he looked after her cuz he thought dyne was dead but really he was jus goin crazy in the desert(formerly corel)and dyne was really against shinra suckin up all mako with a reactor so i thought maybe its possible that he was an ancient or that maybe his wife who was killed by shinra was an ancient......

That's a leap in logic, but no. Aerith meets his wife in the lifestream, and does not recognize her as an ancient, so there's no real reason to think 'Cetra'.

Roogle
08-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally, Barret, Cloud, and Tifa were taking care of Marlene together, but, as was mentioned, Barret left to find an alternative energy source and other reasons.

sephirothishere
08-13-2006, 08:16 PM
She can sense Aerith. She isn't an Ancient, unless Tifa is an ancient too.

why would tifa have to be an ancient...........

Elmyra is still alive after FF7. She contracts Cloud to deliver some flowers to Aerith's grave.

when the hell does this happen????

Ryushikaze
08-13-2006, 08:45 PM
why would tifa have to be an ancient...........

Because she can sense Aerith's presence too. Recall when she addresses her in the airship?

when the hell does this happen????

Idunno. Coupla months, maybe a year after FF7. Tifa talks about it in CoT.

Vyk
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
I love how people try to read between the lines and pretty much fail but think they're assumptions are facts regardless x_x

cloud then says "i guess that only works with real families." thats means that they live together but arent married and have 2 adopted children.

Ever have friends you consider family? That statement doesn't necissarily mean they adopted anyone. I'm not sure adoption even exists in FF7. Barret took Marlene in as his own, and calls her his. So emotionally he's adopted her. And Cloud and Tifa care about her. That doesn't mean they've taken custody of her. They're taking care of her. And Denzel. And probably any other kid they happen across that they can. I'm pretty sure the whole theme was a lot of parents were killed by the asteroid so there was a lot of homeless orphans running about.

Ryushikaze
08-13-2006, 10:04 PM
They may not have legally adopted Denzel, but they do seem to have taken him in as their own, given what Tifa says near the end of CoT and his own statements in Case of Denzel.

Vyk
08-13-2006, 11:25 PM
I know they've taken him in, for whatever reason. Though I haven't read the novellas admittedly, I really don't think it's practical to say they adopted him, as that would hint toward their relationship with each other. And I know they purposely left their relationship ambiguous and open for interpretation (for whatever reason). So taking him in and caring for him is about all that can be said, since their meaning of "family" together is apparently mostly just a relation of deep friendship.

Ryushikaze
08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
^ Given that Nomura called Tifa a Koibito and Nojima said that Cloud and Tifa were together in Reunion files, I don't think 'hinting' towards C/T is much of an issue anymore.

Vyk
08-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Finally. Good

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks Zeromus_X and Aralith. It makes sense.

boys from the dwarf
08-14-2006, 04:01 PM
CoT? this may sound really stupid but there are so many new FF7 releases. which one is CoT?

Ryushikaze
08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
On the way to a smile: Case of Tifa. It's a novella.

sephirothishere
08-14-2006, 08:57 PM
ok...elmyras alive i jus played through the end of disc 2 and cait sith said elmyra and marlene are safe in Kalm or whatever...but they arent there.....reeve also said he told he told elmyra and marlene about aeris' death....
anywho you cant ever talk to elmyra in the game is what im sayin....am i right