PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 05:18 AM
So what do you do when one of your units turns into a crystal or drops a treasure chest?

I just reset the game. No way I'm going to let my Mustadio vanish. ;_;

...Anyway, on another note, what brilliantly sadistic genius came up with these 'no-escape' battle mechanics?

Kuroshima
08-13-2006, 05:30 AM
That's why I have ten guys all at the same level. So if one dies another can step in.

BG-57
08-13-2006, 02:32 PM
I always use the soft reset when a character crystallizes, generic or not. The only time that my characters permenantly die is when I'm poaching my own allied monsters.

Crossblades
08-13-2006, 05:55 PM
I usually reset or get killed on purpose. All my characters are too valuable to die

Tempest
08-14-2006, 02:22 AM
I always soft reset it if one of my units die. Of course, I haven't had that happen in a loong time.

The Amazing Spiderman
08-14-2006, 04:09 AM
I go on a killing spree poaching my monsters.

If one of my units crystalizes, I soft-reset the game. Althought those ocasions are somewhat rare.

Lich3636
08-14-2006, 08:28 PM
i plunge the unit who killed mine into a eternal torrent of pain and agony the likes of which their soul nor my sanity will never escape....

Omnislash07
08-24-2006, 04:09 AM
i soft reset because there is no way im gonna spend hours releveling up some noob person. but i rarely get killed cause i take advantage of the game.

i get 1 monk 1 white mage and then 3 whatever and then kill all the enemies but 1 and get the last enemy really weak at which point he will generally move away from my party. then i just continually attack my own characters and use white magic when they get weak and then use chakra to replenish the white magic. and if the enemy doesnt run away i just make sure i can move farther than it and then just run circles around the edge of the map, while hitting my own characters

dodhungry
08-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Soft Reset or slam the PS2 into the wall........whichever the case may be enough said.

Saku
08-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Soft reset..... always.

feioncastor
09-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Automatic soft reset, no questions asked. I let Mustadio die my first time through the game. He died right toward the middle of Chapter 3, and then I read this cool thing online about how you can get Cloud from FF7 in your party, and I decided I wanted to do that, but uh, Mustadio had turned into a Power Sleeve.

I've let a few generics die, if it happens early on. For example, in the Gariland Magic City battle, right at the beginning, I like to let all the enemies Crystalize so that I can nab their abilities. If one of mine goes too, I don't worry because I can hire another right then. Plus, in that battle specifically, it gives me the pleasure of getting to kill Delita to make sure that he doesn't kill the last enemy and end the fight before I get mine.

Behold the Void
09-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Soft Reset. It's not worth it to me to raise another unit up from scratch.

Jsb01
09-05-2006, 09:27 PM
16 votes for soft reset... and I thought I was just obsessive.