PDA

View Full Version : What kind of mage would you be?

chronic_Maniac
08-13-2006, 05:31 AM
Here are all the different types of mages in FFGames that I could think of. So which is it? Would you be a black, White, Blue, or red mage? These's also summoners too.

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 05:34 AM
Red Mage*. If not them, then a White Mage.

Unless White Mage Kitties are involved somehow.

*Pirate Red Mage!!

chronic_Maniac
08-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Yeah I say Red mage too.

LunarWeaver
08-13-2006, 05:51 AM
I would use my blue magic to learn how to summon a pirate red mage to heal me with his black magic, aka Zero.

Or I'd just click White Mage on the poll like I did.

Hambone
08-13-2006, 05:56 AM
Whitemage. I want to heal my friends.

DJZen
08-13-2006, 08:06 AM
I'd be a time mage, that way I'd be able to whiz through the boring parts of my day and make the fun parts really last.

Thorn
08-13-2006, 10:56 AM
You get more credit for saving people, rather than killing 1/3 monsters you are versing.

"OMFG YOU REVIVED ME, TY"

rather than

"Dude that was my kill.......prick"

Rinöa
08-13-2006, 06:38 PM
I'd be a black mage, because you can just be like "you did not cheat on me" and set him on fire or something. But then again I'd like to be a summoner too.

Sefie1999AD
08-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Isn't there a Green Mage class too in some FF? I think I'd like to be a White Mage, being able to heal and protect others. Summoner would also be a good choice if I also had some summons that could heal (such as Mog in FFT).

Tavrobel
08-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I think there was Green Mage in the Betas of FFXII, but that may or may not have been scrapped (I'm not sure). It used status altering spells, such as Protect and Shell which used to be White Mage spells.

I'd rather be a Red Mage. White/Black Magic AND weapon wielding ability? Sign me up!

The Pirate subclass is just icing on the cake.

DJZen
08-13-2006, 08:09 PM
There was a type of magic in the FFXII beta called Green Magic, which was just de-buffs.

f f freak
08-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I would be a summoner. No one could kill me. this is a little play I just made up.
Battle scene.
Me versus like 3000 soldiers.
My turn I summon Bahamut who uses his signature move TOTAL PWNAGE a.k.a Mega Flare.
All the soldiers die and then I get all the praise for it.

Vyk
08-13-2006, 09:40 PM
I was gonna say, there were a lot of jobs in FFT that could be mage-like. Calculators and what-not. Though of the choices I would probably have to say red mage

auhin
08-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Time mage. Control time, man! Stop, Haste, Slow.

Distain
08-13-2006, 10:07 PM
summoner

simply becuase I'm too lazy to run around learning diffrent spells. Summoner, just go to the nearest temple, sit on your butt and pray a bit, and bang u got yourself a biggas* creature to do your bidding.

rubah
08-13-2006, 11:11 PM
A Time mage is much more mage than a Summoner is. I would prefer to be that one, anyways. Haste, regen, meteo yo!

Roogle
08-13-2006, 11:33 PM
I'd be a black mage, because you can just be like "you did not cheat on me" and set him on fire or something. But then again I'd like to be a summoner too.

That's great. I'd be a Black Mage for the same reasons!

Rinöa
08-13-2006, 11:43 PM
sweet!

Yuffie514
08-13-2006, 11:48 PM
perhaps a Red-Mage for all the types of magic they could use, even if they are quite low-levelled. well, i'd make an exception on Doublecast. i can also tie that with Black-Mage as long as i don't have to wear striped "clown" trousers, a pointed hat, and a cape (or a tailcoat jacket)...

Snap Jumper
08-14-2006, 12:59 AM
Red, without a doubt. A friend is in trouble? Cure, Esuna, good to go. Someone won't stop telling you everything that you should change? Thunder! It'll teach you to mess with me! LOL

chronic_Maniac
08-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Yeah sorry about not adding time mage. The red mage in FF5 (I think) had double cast to make them a little better. But FF10 had double cast on Black mage. Well anyways if all of them got in a fight I'd have to say the summoner would win :(

Darkwing Bahamut
08-14-2006, 10:26 AM
I'd be a Black Mage and cast Ultima. :)

boys from the dwarf
08-14-2006, 11:24 AM
tough choice but id love to be a summoner.

can any of you honestly say you dont want to pet carbuncle? as well as pets i also get bahamut, king of dragons and a massive variety of others.

in extremely close second place its red mage.

1. i get to cast magic of both types.

2. i get a cool hat.

if i was a summoner id just dress up as a red mage.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-14-2006, 11:30 AM
I would be a Red Mage because i look good in those Robin Hood hats.

BardTard
08-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey someone else picked blue mage!!! :D now I'm not alone.

Dreddz
08-15-2006, 08:56 PM
I'd be a Blue Mage and learn all of your abilities...

Ryth
08-15-2006, 09:28 PM
I chose Red mage, I always like being the jack-of-all-trades.

Rosenti
08-16-2006, 03:52 PM
umm Black mage and summoner lol i wanna be both lol :D

Dynast-Kid
08-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Ummh...Time Mage of course!

You could toy with the laws of the universe!I would go to the past to see what my parents were like when they were my age or go into the future to see what i'll be like when i'm their age.I could fast-forward through school(except lunch where I can see my friends)I could freeze in time annoying people and move them into awkward places.I could stop time all together and just have fun vandalizing the world!Rubah and DJZen get the idea!

Time Mage anyday biatches!

agrudis
08-16-2006, 11:34 PM
What kind of mage would I be under what circumstances? 'Cause I'm already a white mage. What kind of mage would I be if what?

feona17
08-16-2006, 11:43 PM
A summoner that can learn black and white mage abilities. :D

Dynast-Kid
08-16-2006, 11:50 PM
What school of magic does that fall under?

Tavrobel
08-17-2006, 12:48 AM

It would fall under Summoner, because young Rydia can Summon, use White Magic, and cast Black Magic.

Summoner is the "class" in which she is noted under in FFIV.

Dynast-Kid
08-17-2006, 01:56 AM
O rly?

Okay then.

Time Mages are the best though.:tongue:

MageLuingil
08-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Red Mage pwns all. And from Red Mage, you can move on to Pirate Red Mage, which is even better, even if I personally would prefer a plain Red Mage.

chronic_Maniac
08-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Sorry guys
White Mage - just white magic
Black mage - just black magic
Blue Mage - just blue magic
Summoner - just summon magic

The red mage is cool cause of its wide varioty of skills as does Summoner and blue mage. The white and black magic is pretty much a help or not help case.

Miriel
08-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Sorry guys

The red mage is cool cause of its wide varioty of skills as does Summoner and blue mage. The white and black magic is pretty much a help or not help case.

Yes, but while Red Mage can do a little bit of everything, they don't excel in anything. They are generalists. Which is both their strength and their weakness.

A few months ago I would have said that I would most definitely choose White Mage. But Summoner has grown on me quite a bit recently and I'm awfully fond of having the ability to summon powerful entities to help me. Plus I think Carbuncle is super cute.

Tainted Angel
08-17-2006, 10:16 AM

It would fall under Summoner, because young Rydia can Summon, use White Magic, and cast Black Magic.

Summoner is the "class" in which she is noted under in FFIV.

Your sig is win.

PS: Black Magette.

chronic_Maniac
08-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Sorry guys

Yes, but while Red Mage can do a little bit of everything, they don't excel in anything. They are generalists. Which is both their strength and their weakness.

A few months ago I would have said that I would most definitely choose White Mage. But Summoner has grown on me quite a bit recently and I'm awfully fond of having the ability to summon powerful entities to help me. Plus I think Carbuncle is super cute.

Yeah in Tactics I think there was a summon called angel which heals hp. I don't think theres been a summon that added protect and shell in the series. I may be wrong.

Captain Maxx Power
08-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Need you ask?

boys from the dwarf
08-17-2006, 03:20 PM
theres also the summon kirin and unicorn in FFTA and there are also tons of espers in FF6 that can do nearly everything you could want

here is a list of reason id want to be a summoner.

1. heavy damage E.G. bahamut is near invincible and super powerful.

2. healing. E.G. the kirin summon.

3. status recovery. E.G. unicorn.

4. good and bad status effects. E.G. phantom does invisibility and stray confuses an enemy.

i could go on for ages. if you add up all of the summons from all FFs i think youll find there is nearly nothing you cannot do.

Dell
08-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Black Mage and Summoner. I'm Rydia the male version!

Tavrobel
08-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry guys

Untrue. Rydia's class is Summoner, yet in her young form, she employs all three.

Khaotic
08-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Summoner - fly around on bahamut? sure, why not :D

Elemental Alchemist
08-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Summoner. You can have almost anything you want. And I'm sure that, given the wide variety of summons, somewhere in this universe there's a summon that can do the same things as a time mage. Second choice: time mage

rubah
08-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Sorry guys

Untrue. Rydia's class is Summoner, yet in her young form, she employs all three.

I think they mean in the scope of this poll :p

Purple shoot
08-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Mmmm...its hard to say:mad: but...im between Black mage and summoner, because its cool to control the fire, or the ice, but its cool summon a bahamunt or a lich, you dont think so?:p

chronic_Maniac
08-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Sorry guys

Summoner in the topic can only use the summon command. Sorry but just making it easy for other options.

Rase
08-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Since most of the games I've played allow the summoning of both offensive and defensive creatures, I'll go with Summoner.

After that, probably White Mage. I like a strong defensive position, and being able to recover from damage is about as defensive as you can get. :)

MageLuingil
08-18-2006, 09:06 PM

I agree with that entirely, though I'd still pick Red Mage primarily. For that reason, though, my second choice would be Black Mage. Fire and Ice, baby. FREEZE-FRY!!! :D

I don't think theres been a summon that added protect and shell in the series. I may be wrong.

In Final Fantasy VI, Golem casts protect and ZoneSeek casts Shell on the party. Just to set the records straight. :)

Shiny
08-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Black Mage, so I can play with the dolls when I get bored.

BardTard
08-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Plus I think Carbuncle is super cute.

ME TOO!!! :love: When I played FF8 and got Carbuncle I was just like AWWW I wanna hug it! lol :D

Dynast-Kid
08-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Carbuncle is cute...

But what use does he have when he's frozen in time?...

Time Mages are teh pwnage!

shiva24
09-15-2006, 02:13 AM
i would be a black mage because i love the elemental power.

Alexander
09-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Summoner.

And since they are never yuse onyl Summon Magic, Summoner/Red Mage.

Preferrably FFI Red Mage + Doublecast + Summon Magic. <3

BTW, Golem does not cast Protect. He just soaks up damage for you, Which is really useful.

Carbuncle with full animation at FFIX will cast Protect on all party members along with the other status effect (Shell, Haste, Vanish or the usual Reflect). Which means that Moonstone (Shell) + Carbuncle = cheaper Mighty Guard.

boys from the dwarf
09-16-2006, 08:53 AM
having hordes of monsters that can do nearly anything is better than any other mage because if i gave you a list of all of the summons, there would be very little a summoner couldn't do.

NINJA_Ryu
09-17-2006, 05:21 AM
I'd be a Blue Mage and learn all of your abilities...

True, encompasses all magic, Red, White, Red, Time, AND sumoner ^ ^

Thane
09-17-2006, 04:23 PM
I'd be a red mage. Because in real life, just like a red mage I'm good at nearly everything and I'm a useful guy but I'm never the best and there is always somebody more useful that me.

But personally I like white mages and mystic knight from FF V(If that counts as a mage). And dude you forgot Time mage why isn't that up in the poll?

Pike
09-17-2006, 05:06 PM
I'd be a Red Mage because I can sorta do everything but I'm not really great at anything...

Also, I've had a crush on Red Mage since I started reading 8-Bit Theater.

Ashley Schovitz
09-17-2006, 05:26 PM
I was going to pick blue mage, but then I remembered to be a blue mage you have to change your species and be like a Qu, a Ronso, or a Quistis so I'm going to go with Summoner because they're the most powerful and have the best personalities.

aquatius
09-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Summoner, if someone annoys you then you can get bahamut to blow him up.

Shaded Mazoku
09-24-2006, 01:45 AM
Black mage. Summoner is fun, and red mages get both healing and offense, but black mages...

High-level fire spells, anyone?

BustaMo
09-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Summoner no doubt.

How cool would it be to go into a battle with freaking Bahamut having your back at anytime needed? Summoner it is.

ljkkjlcm9
09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
I'd be a Mauve Mage....

no but seriously, I'd prolly be a time mage. They have warp too I believe, that's what I really want. To be able to teleport places, as well as go really fast.

THE JACKEL

Frozen Phantom
10-08-2006, 02:41 PM
is this even a competetion....black mage all the way

Khaotic
10-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Blue mage can't just simply "learn all your moves" in every single game there was not one bluemage that could learn any spell or skill, there was only certain amounts they could learn. They would simply be overpowered if they could learn everything.

Laddy
10-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Um... I chose White Mage...but I'd want to be a Green Mage, who in
FFXII cast Poison, Regen, they put both harmful and helpfuls statuses on! I'd regen my friend, Poison my neighbor (I'd balme it on the moombas) and laugh in a semi-evil way!!! No, Green magic really is in the tried and true FFXII.

Mirage
10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
I want to be a time mage, but out of those, red mage.
And as far as I know, there aren't any green mages in FFXII, it's just the type of magic that enfeebling and enhancing magic is classifed as.

LoKuS
10-08-2006, 08:49 PM
RED MAGE FTW!!!!

Dragon Mage
10-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Guess what I'd be!!!

vweet
10-13-2006, 06:18 AM
i'd be a Final Fantasy V Black Mage at with all spells and the highest white magic ability

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-13-2006, 06:35 AM
White Mage, because all the wounded helpless girls will come flocking to me.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-13-2006, 07:09 AM
Summoner. They can cast high-powered spells that can fill just about any requisite niche, easily encompassing most if not all White, Black, and Blue magic. And do it well. They can't fight worth crap, but I'd say excelling at a type of magic that can in someway duplicate the effects of nearly all major forms of magic to the point where you can be just as good if not better than the primary casters is nothing to sneeze at, so to speak.

James16
10-17-2006, 03:21 PM
I would defentily be a black mage. I'd go around a be like "BAM! your going to die a miserable death! HAHAHAHHA" an if people pissed me off i would plaque there villages an crap. So no ungrateful towns folk :D Or i woild be a summoner and use my talents to take over the world and be King! =) DIE BITCHES!!!!

RiseToFall
10-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Has the whole "I'm going to be a white mage and be the next saviour so people can worship me" been done already? If not then that is my answer.

Reine
10-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Red Mage. Why would I choose anything else?

~SapphireStar~
11-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I'd be a red mage, summoner is a close second.