PDA

View Full Version : Font packs

Xander
08-13-2006, 01:57 PM
I have a feeling I asked this exact thing a lonnnnnng long time ago but what the hey.

Anyone know where I can download zip packs of loots of fonts? I can't stand dling one at a time ;__;

Meat Puppet
08-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I searched font-related threads you made in the past and found <a href="http://www.larabiefonts.com/lf_collection.html"><b>this</b></a>. 384 fonts in one package. The downside is you have got to fork out cash for it. :-\

Dr Unne
08-13-2006, 04:49 PM
http://thelinuxbox.org/?page_id=3#fonts

Xander
08-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah. Xander has been searching for font packs for three years, sad isn't it XD Thanks, I guess the linux page ones work on Windows too. If so they should be good :) And thanks meatpuppet, but yeah seem a bit expensive for only 300...

rubah
08-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Lynxie has something he should set you up with. I think it's roughly 100mb worth of fonts. Something along the lines of 3-5000 of them?

Shoeberto
08-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah. Xander has been searching for font packs for three years, sad isn't it XD Thanks, I guess the linux page ones work on Windows too. If so they should be good :) And thanks meatpuppet, but yeah seem a bit expensive for only 300...
They're all ttfs so you'll be able to just drop them into your fonts directory and be done :)

Tasura
08-14-2006, 05:19 AM
My laptop is a font whore, I downloaed i think 6-8k of fonts, you have to downlaod them one at a time, but if you have FireFox and the DownThemAll extension you can get all on a page in a few seconds.

This (http://www.1001fonts.com/) isn't the site I used, but it's got lots of fonts

Dr Unne
08-14-2006, 05:23 AM
They're all ttfs so you'll be able to just drop them into your fonts directory and be done :)

I think doing that will do terrible things to Windows. There seems to be an upper limit on the number of fonts Windows can safely digest.

Tasura
08-14-2006, 05:24 AM

I think doing that will do terrible things to Windows. There seems to be an upper limit on the number of fonts Windows can safely digest.

I found that out, after putting in loads of fonts, Windows stopped recognizing the basic ones, and any PDF I open is blank becuase Adobe cant find the font in all of the mess >_<

Madonna
08-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Lynxie has something he should set you up with. I think it's roughly 100mb worth of fonts. Something along the lines of 3-5000 of them?5000 fonts, my dear Miss Lapiz? That is a bit much. Your low-end guess is much closer.

I will send you a PM, Xander, with a link.

Edit: I have over three thousand fonts installed and my Windows is fine. D:

Xander
08-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Thank you everyone! Think I should have enough now, perhaps I'll install a few at a time and see how it goes...:)

crono_logical
08-14-2006, 11:31 AM
I personally would be more interested in getting hold of unicode/kanji capable fonts, but they're harder to find and weigh in at several MB each normally :p

starseeker
08-14-2006, 01:18 PM
I personally would be more interested in getting hold of unicode/kanji capable fonts, but they're harder to find and weigh in at several MB each normally :p

Can't you download a Japanese language pack? (oh, wait, you use Linux right?)

rubah
08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
He wants different fonts, so I'm sure he already has the ability to display them xD

Xander
08-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I installed one of the packs but only up to D is showing up in photoshop. ARGGH. Am I gonna have to go deleting them? >__<

Madonna
08-18-2006, 10:52 PM
The question is: are the fonts not showing up in PS showing up elsewhere, like in MS Word, Paint, and other applications which can utilize various font types?

crono_logical
08-19-2006, 01:37 PM

Can't you download a Japanese language pack? (oh, wait, you use Linux right?)If it's a truetype font, it can be used in both Linux and Windows, I believe :p

starseeker
08-19-2006, 06:50 PM

Can't you download a Japanese language pack? (oh, wait, you use Linux right?)If it's a truetype font, it can be used in both Linux and Windows, I believe :p

It's just that on some of the computers in my school, you can type in Japanese but I think its a windows pack. It does both kana scripts and kanji.

rubah
08-19-2006, 07:57 PM
1) You need an IME installed to type in asian characters and general non-western characters.

2) That being said, you can have different fonts to type in. Japanese advertisements don't look the same as formal writings and those don't look the same as the characters penned by young school children.

Xander
08-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Photoshop was onyl showing up to D in the fonts so I'm guessing it was a memory issue. I deleted some and it seems to be ok now :)