PDA

View Full Version : Kimahri question

Master Vivi
08-13-2006, 11:32 PM
okay so i was wondering which character should i make Kimahri follow after he finishes his Sphere Grid thingy?

and when people say "max stats" does that mean they clear the entire sphere grid with each character?

Hambone
08-13-2006, 11:47 PM
You should make Kimahri an attacker. So, have him follow Wakka's path and everntually head into Auron's and Tidus's parts of the Sphere Grid.

Max stats means all your stats are at 255.

Tavrobel
08-13-2006, 11:48 PM
It depends on how you play. If you wnat Kimahri to be a buff tank that kills everything, take him down a combination of Auron's and Tidus' paths. If you want him to be accurate, go Wakk's path. If you want him to be a Magic user, use Yuna or Lulu's path. Thieving is Rikku's specialty, so add another one of those if you want.

I prefer sending him down Tidus/Auron's path. He's essentially a better version of both with more mana.

Max stats refers to having the highest possible statistics per stat. So this would mean 255 ratings (or close to) in the following areas: Strength, Defense, Magic, Magic Defense, Accuracy, Evasion, Agility, and MP (999).

Luck and HP are not considered core values, since having 255 Luck can replace Evasion and Accuracy when those two stats are at base values (the beginning values for those stats). HP can also go as high as you want, but it is very difficult to have 99999 HP without sacrificing other stats. Anything past 35k is superfluous (and even then, most people prefer 9999 HP with strategy). MP values past 999 are useless.

FTF
08-14-2006, 03:29 AM
Luck may not be considered important, as Tavrobel said... but if you truly want to max your stats, you want:

255 Strength
255 Defence
255 Magic
255 Magic Defence
255 Evasion
255 Accuracy
255 Agility
255 Luck

999 MP (well, more... but you won't see it unless you insist on BMPL)
9999 HP (well, more... but you won't see it unless you insist on BHPL)

Edit: As for Kimahri... it all depends on how you like to play. If you plan on stat maxing, then it won't matter all that much.. he'll end up the same anyway. Until you can stat max though, just make him into whatever you enjoy using the most.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 03:38 AM
wait.... stat maxing is just like filling up the entire sphere grid with every character right? sorry im sounding like a nub but i never like saw ffx at this point i just saw it as i wanna beat it, but now i wanna beat it at like 100% and make it easy for me at the end..

FTF
08-14-2006, 03:41 AM
No, uhm.. filling up the grid for everyone is more than enough for any boss in the game (except the Dark Aeons), but that won't actually max your stats... you'll be at at about 170 in most of the core stats, IIRC. Stat maxing involves using clear spheres and stat node creation spheres to boost stats even more. It is a long process though.. 30-40 hours I'd estimate.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 03:44 AM
No, uhm.. filling up the grid for everyone is more than enough for any boss in the game (except the Dark Aeons), but that won't actually max your stats... you'll be at at about 170 in most of the core stats, IIRC. Stat maxing involves using clear spheres and stat node creation spheres to boost stats even more. It is a long process though.. 30-40 hours I'd estimate.

wait huh.. how do i max my stats? and i have never heard of stat node creatoin spheres or clear spheres...

Tavrobel
08-14-2006, 03:50 AM
Clear Spheres can be purchased from the Monster Arena owner after you do most of his jobs for him (which means you unlocked all of the Area/Species Creations). The Clear Spheres are green in color. They remove nodes from the grid. Not recommended that you use them until AFTER you fill up the SG, which should take around 20 hours if you played straight through. You also cannot use these on abilities, so don't worry about losing Curaga/Hastega/Zombie Attack/w/e.

Stat creation Spheres are purple, and you get many of these throughout your adventures. When you go into the SG section on the Main Menu, you can head to an empty node, and when it prompts you to use a node, (in the same way you improve your characters) you can use the purple ones, which creates a new stat node in the empty node.

When a node is created, it acts just like all of the other, preplaced nodes, except that it gives the highest possible bonus that you can receive. +4 in stats, +40MP, or +300HP.

FTF
08-14-2006, 03:53 AM
^^ He explained it perfectly. You can buy clear spheres for 10,000 each from the monster arena guy once you have unlocked Ultima Buster (ie. caught at least 5 of every monster).

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 03:55 AM
Clear Spheres can be purchased from the Monster Arena owner after you do most of his jobs for him (which means you unlocked all of the Area/Species Creations). The Clear Spheres are green in color.

Stat creation Spheres are purple, and you get many of these throughout your adventures. When you go into the SG section on the Main Menu, you can head to an empty node, and when it prompts you to use a node, (in the same way you improve your characters) you can use the purple ones, which creates a new stat node in the empty node.

When a node is created, it acts just like all of the other, preplaced nodes, except that it gives the highest possible bonus that you can receive. +4 in stats, +40MP, or +300HP.

oh darn.. i just started over and i have a L O N G way to go :( gosh.. i just want to beat this game 100% or close to it.. i wanna get all aeons, all ultimate weapons with synergies/addons, and.. i want to try to get all the monsters in the monsters arena..

so what exactly are the jobs i have to do for the person at the monster arena?

FTF
08-14-2006, 03:56 AM
so what exactly are the jobs i have to do for the person at the monster arena?

You can buy clear spheres for 10,000 each from the monster arena guy once you have unlocked Ultima Buster (ie. caught at least 5 of every monster).

:p I posted while you were typing, hehe.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 03:59 AM
You can buy clear spheres for 10,000 each from the monster arena guy once you have unlocked Ultima Buster (ie. caught at least 5 of every monster).

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: WHAHAHTHAT 5 of every monster? oh gosh this will take like 200 hours..

FTF
08-14-2006, 04:04 AM
Heh, I thought the price was worse than the catching thing. There are only a few monsters that are really annoying to catch... but even so, 5 doesn't take *too* long.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 04:37 AM
which monsters? and is there any monster catching tips out there?

4evarisha
08-14-2006, 06:04 AM
I made mine a mage:)

ValiantKnight
08-14-2006, 09:30 AM
I took him down Rikku's grid... however i'm kinda regretting it at the moment.. I sort of wish I had taken him down wakka or tidus's

However I've only just dropped into the calm lands.. so taking him through rikku's grid and into Yuna's may be helpful still. However I doubt it. By the time he gets through Rikku's grid and into Yuna's, I think I probably won't need the extra white mage by then.

Stat maxing looks like it would take an insanely long time... and money doesnt really drop that readily yet..

Tavrobel
08-14-2006, 03:25 PM
which monsters? and is there any monster catching tips out there?

Just start from the beginning and work your way up. Chances are, you will be using primarily physical attackers, since only physical attacks can capture Fiends. this means that you will be using Auron, Wakka, and Tidus (or Kimahri) most of the time. If you go from Besaid and mimic your journey, not only should you catch nearly all of the Fiends, you should be able to get some hefty AP bonuses.

A common addition to the Capture Weapons that you can buy are customizing Deathstrike, Deathttouch, Counterattack, or Evade & Counter. It gives you both and extra turn (not that you control it), and another chance to capture a Fiend, especially since it's all physical attackers. But I wouldn't go and customize them yet, until you can afford it, or feel that you need it.

Stat maxing looks like it would take an insanely long time... and money doesnt really drop that readily yet..

A total 100% completion game in NA takes approximately 175 hours. A total 100% completion game in PAL/Int. takes approximately 125 hours.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 05:02 PM
thanks guys

FTF
08-15-2006, 12:15 AM
A total 100% completion game in NA takes approximately 175 hours. A total 100% completion game in PAL/Int. takes approximately 125 hours.

Ehh, how exactly do you define 100% completion? If we're only talking about storyline + stat maxing, I'll agree... but there are a ton of other things to do in the game that would take ALOT more than 175 hours.

licence
08-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Can I ask how it would take longer in NA version when in PAL version there is Dark Aeons etc.

FTF
08-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Can I ask how it would take longer in NA version when in PAL version there is Dark Aeons etc.

I can't say for sure, but I assume it's because there are quite a few things in the PAL game that make it easier. Anima hits 16(?) times with his overdrive, compared to one in NTSC. Magus Sisters hit 6 times, instead of one. Zanmato is ALOT easier to get/more common, and there are quite a few other things.

licence
08-15-2006, 01:25 AM

I can't say for sure, but I assume it's because there are quite a few things in the PAL game that make it easier. Anima hits 16(?) times with his overdrive, compared to one in NTSC. Magus Sisters hit 6 times, instead of one. Zanmato is ALOT easier to get/more common, and there are quite a few other things.

Hmmmm, point taken. But still it takes a lot of time to get the right stats and armor to take on the likes of Penance.

FTF
08-15-2006, 02:33 AM
Hmmmm, point taken. But still it takes a lot of time to get the right stats and armor to take on the likes of Penance.

Without a doubt. Even though I can't actually fight him, it's taken me about 200 hours in my NTSC version to feel confident enough in my stats and equipment that I'd stand a chance in a fight against Penance. I had the hardest boss in my version beaten well before 150 hours, by comparison.

I guess it all depends on what Tavrobel meant by "100% completion".

Cruise Control
08-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Tavrobel is always right.

Tavrobel
08-15-2006, 03:31 AM
I'll leave what I meant by "100% completion" up to your interpretations.

And yes, I am always right. Except when I'm wrong. Those times don't count.

Simen
08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I thought i remember that Kimarhi was the only character to not
have his "own" path on the Grid. I think he followed Auron's path
and then went through Wakka's path last time I started a new game.

ValiantKnight
08-15-2006, 05:55 PM
He has a very small amount consisting of perhaps 20-30 spheres in the middle of the sphere grid, including 3-4 abilities like Jinx and Scan that could be labeled as "his sphere grid"

Other characters I think have closer to 70-200 spheres that are called "their sphere grid"

Numbers arent exact and someone will post exact numbers im sure but /shrug.

licence
08-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Hmm on topic, I took Kimahri through Rikku's area on the sphere grid so that I had a character with steal and such before Rikku joined the party. Then I think I took him through Tidus to boost speed. The finally Auron. I might be wrong with that though, can't really remeber. But it was defo Rikku at first.