PDA

View Full Version : Yazoo's Lack of Screen Time

Rhinoa
08-13-2006, 11:59 PM
:eek: am i the only one who thinks yazoo didn't see much action in the film? and about 90% of what came out of his mouth was 'hmph'
more dialogue for yazoo :D he had a nice actor voice too :mog:

Dragon Mage
08-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Yazoo, heck, Aeris didn't get much screen time. :)
Well I couldn't tell if he had a good actor voice from the many 'hmmpf' which was just about most of what he said. He's one of the 'minor' bad guys and those don't usually get a lot of screen time. But if he gets more than screen time than Loz, I've no complaints. (Loz was the worst character to be seen in that film. Usually grown men at least seem to have an IQ over 2.)
He got a fair amount of screen time I thought but it was shared with other people, so...

Rhinoa
08-14-2006, 12:13 AM
well priority is given to those who are alive XD
yeah Loz was like a big dumb ape with a small vocabulary,
and that hair..didn't half make me laugh :D
this may turn into Loz hate thread...

well yazoo has a few lines in the beginning :rolleyes2

Dragon Mage
08-14-2006, 12:24 AM
well priority is given to those who are alive XD
Good point.

well yazoo has a few lines in the beginning
True. And at least he didn't cry. *rollseyes*

Rhinoa
08-14-2006, 12:29 AM
ohh jeez i forgot about that..
one minute im thinking he's all butch..
then he tells yazoo not to cry,
then BAM
he's crying..which was funny XD

Vyk
08-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Because AC should have been a game. Then everyone could have gotten screen time and development

Rhinoa
08-14-2006, 12:51 AM
I'd Love it if they made the original FFVII game into a CG film...:love:

Vyk
08-14-2006, 01:00 AM
That'd be one heck of a summary... 30 hour gameplay into 90 minutes of screen time... Or it could just be in fast forward! With chipmunk voices for everyone :D

Dragon Mage
08-14-2006, 01:30 AM
If they did make the game into a movie (and that would be interestingly cool and nice) It would be about 30 hours long. However I wouldn't mind watching it, even if it is that long. :) (yes, i'm an FF7 diehard fan)

ohh jeez i forgot about that..
one minute im thinking he's all butch..
then he tells yazoo not to cry,
then BAM
he's crying..which was funny XD
I think you mean Loz. Loz was the one that cried.

Vyk
08-14-2006, 01:37 AM
That's what she was saying. Loz told Yazoo not to cry, then Loz started crying himself

Dragon Mage
08-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Oh, whoops! You're right! sorry, I read that wrong. :)

Distain
08-14-2006, 02:20 AM
I think Yazoo was jiped in screantime too. Loz evan got more than he did, since they are alway together in the film, aside from the Loz's fight sequence with Tifa.

Dragon Mage
08-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Loz evan got more than he did
I know. Isn't it horrible?

Northcrest
08-14-2006, 03:16 AM
I agree with Rhinoa I noticed that Yazoo barely said anything in the movie and if he did it would be hmph. I think he'd need more screen time even Aeris and Zack.

Dragon Mage
08-14-2006, 03:44 AM
But he's not a plot piviot-point or even a character that dramatically affects the plot. He's just someone there to cause trouble and to be annoying and to give Reno and Rude a good share in the movie. Just like Loz and Kadaj.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-14-2006, 04:58 AM
I think that Yazoo, Aeris, and Zack deserve more screen time.

Darkwing Bahamut
08-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Kadaj deserves more screen time, or even his own game.

boys from the dwarf
08-14-2006, 11:10 AM
hardly anyone got enough screen time. i guess if cid got more screen time, the film would be a 12 instead of PG what with all the swearing and "sit down! shut up! and drink your goddamn tea!" but it is sort of annoying that the only thing yazoo seems to say is "hmph"

sephirothishere
08-14-2006, 11:21 AM
its because they are meant to be different aspects of sephiroth....kadaj would be the strong leader part of him or whatever...loz the heavily built yet...weak...part of him....yazoo the cool, calm,(quiet) collected, long haired, leather wearing part of him.....
do you get it.......

Laugh at face of Danger
08-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Technically Aeris shouldn't be given any air time... as she is e-dead. But i really liked Yazoo! He was my favourite of the three

Rhinoa
08-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Kadaj deserves more screen time, or even his own game.

ahaha a kadaj spin-off game XD

and dragon mage; 30 hr film..I'd sit through that xp because to fit everything in it'd probably have to be real long :love:

"yazoo the cool, calm,(quiet) collected, long haired, leather wearing part of him.....
do you get it......."

:D yup i get it, nice summary ^.-

Vyk
08-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Wait, why is everyone saying they like Yazoo so much if all he says is "hmph" and beats up Reno? He shows no personality to like.

Rhinoa
08-14-2006, 01:33 PM
He's not like a mean mean bad guy, :rolleyes2
he was cool ^.-

Vyk
08-14-2006, 01:48 PM
He damn near murdered Cloud at the end

Rhinoa
08-14-2006, 02:01 PM
oh yeah... >.< he's not as evil as kadaj though xp
but good point ^^"
that bit was shocking =o

Distain
08-14-2006, 07:05 PM
He damn near murdered Cloud at the end

naw, Yazoo only fired a warning shot at Cloud in the end, it's just that his aim so so damn good he axidently hit him.

boys from the dwarf
08-14-2006, 07:20 PM
most of the reason people seem to like him is just fangirls saying "hes so sexi!" but there is some personality there to like but hes not great but considering it was a 100min film they did a good job of the 3 enemies. i think its an interesting point saying about how kadaj, loz and yazoo are pretty much sephiroth but divided. i guess it just about makes sense.

Rhinoa
08-14-2006, 07:37 PM
most of the reason people seem to like him is just fangirls saying "hes so sexi!"
Sure he looks good..but he's not REAL, the voice is, so it's alright to say thats sexy ^.- But thats not why i like yazoo - he's just cool & quiet :greenie:

"naw, Yazoo only fired a warning shot at Cloud in the end, it's just that his aim so so damn good he axidently hit him."

:D LMAO

sephirothishere
08-14-2006, 08:53 PM
i thought there was an understanding amongst anyone who watched the film that the those three goons were all part of sephiroth and are different aspects of his stream of consiousness....
i am right on this one...dont second guess.....

Rhinoa
08-14-2006, 09:03 PM
you said that already.
we Know.

sephirothishere
08-14-2006, 11:01 PM
you said that already.
we Know.

i wasnt talking to you....i was talking to moomba the dwarf boy or whatever....no sorry moomba guy...your posts are usually pretty good in other threads or whatever...but thats pretty basic AC knowledge...
:)

Dragon Mage
08-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Wait, why is everyone saying they like Yazoo so much if all he says is "hmph" and beats up Reno? He shows no personality to like.
I'm not sure. They all suck. (the bad guy always loses :) ) My guess is that people like Yazoo because:
1) He's another long-haired pretty boy.
2)Like Vincent, you don't see much of him, creating a mystery! *gasp, mystery!*
3) He's another long-haired pretty boy.

From what I understand, these are the reasons. Strange.

Shiny
08-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Yazoo's only line wasn't 'hmph'; he had a whole sentence when he was talking to Loz. But, that's not saying much. He was not important enough to the storyline (neither was Loz) to be seen as much as he was. Kadaj was basically like their leader figure, therefore he was focused on more. Kadaj was also the main baddie who had subordinates (Yazoo and Loz). So there really isn't a point to focusing on a character who plays that type of 'follower' role.

sephirothishere
08-15-2006, 11:22 AM
i thought those guys got plenty of screentime and sephiroth shoulda got something more dramatic maybe but its kick ass when he jus stands there and stops clouds sword...and then his sword appears outta thin air...i was like WOOOOOOOOOOOOW.....but i thought the movie was pretty well put together to be honest........
and loz wasnt that bad...he kinda looked like a dumbass...in the beginning...but when yazoo and loz were fighting the turks loz was more articulate

Rhinoa
08-15-2006, 12:57 PM
you said that already.
we Know.

i wasnt talking to you....i was talking to moomba the dwarf boy or whatever....no sorry moomba guy...your posts are usually pretty good in other threads or whatever...but thats pretty basic AC knowledge...
:)

okies, sorry ^.-