PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh

Goldenboko
08-14-2006, 12:23 AM
I started a Tidus-Only Challenge, and I've thought ahead the entire time thinking about what I should do at different parts of the game (Its been helpful so far) and I thought of something very bad. When you fight Seymour and he summons Anima...
Does Pain always instantly kill you, do you need death-proof? Or does that part make this challenge impossible and force you to break the rules?

EDIT- Actually if anyone knows the HP of Anima then maybe you can kill it with Blitz-Ace?

Tavrobel
08-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Pain does not cause Death 100% of the time. It causes it approximately 95% of the time. If you don't get hit by Death, you will most assuredly get hit by everything else (or die from the sheer amount of damage). Deathproof would help, if the challenge were valid at all. In the Via Purifico, Tidus is not one of the characters found in Yuna's challenge, so therefore, the challenge is flawed in its design, at best.

It's not impossible (just overlevel alot), but fundamentally rule breaking. Also, you characters revive after every fight with one HP. Have fun killing them and always missing! Additionally, the Yuna section in the Via Purifico will kill you because you did not level her at all (nor are you allowed to use her). If the Fiends don't get you (and the encounter rate is lowered immensely inside), Isaaru will.

Anima during Seymour's first duel has 18000 HP.

Deathproof requires sixty Farplane Winds, which can be bribed from Ahriman (a fiend inside of Sin and the Omega Ruins), 56k for an average of six. Bribing Wraiths also give Winds, 444,440 for sixty of them (another Sin/Ruins fiend). Alternatively, you can go for Deathward, which requires fifteen Farplane Shadows, which can be stolen from Master Coeurls. Wraiths offer Shadows as steals, and several Cavern of the Stolen Fayth enemies offer Shadows for a steal as well.

What I'm trying to say, is that there's absolutely no way you can get Deathward or Deathproof before Anima. None of the equipment sold by shops (including O'aka's) will sell Death equipment.

Goldenboko
08-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Pain does not cause Death 100% of the time. It causes it approximately 95% of the time. If you don't get hit by Death, you will most assuredly get hit by everything else (or die from the sheer amount of damage). Deathproof would help, if the challenge were valid at all. In the Via Purifico, Tidus is not one of the characters found in Yuna's challenge, so therefore, the challenge is flawed in its design, at best.

It's not impossible (just overlevel alot), but fundamentally rule breaking. Also, you characters revive after every fight with one HP. Have fun killing them and always missing! Additionally, the Yuna section in the Via Purifico will kill you because you did not level her at all (nor are you allowed to use her). If the Fiends don't get you (and the encounter rate is lowered immensely inside), Isaaru will.

Anima during Seymour's first duel has 18000 HP.

Deathproof requires sixty Farplane Winds, which can be bribed from Ahriman (a fiend inside of Sin and the Omega Ruins), 56k for an average of six. Bribing Wraiths also give Winds, 444,440 for sixty of them (another Sin/Ruins fiend). Alternatively, you can go for Deathward, which requires fifteen Farplane Shadows, which can be stolen from Master Coeurls. Wraiths offer Shadows as steals, and several Cavern of the Stolen Fayth enemies offer Shadows for a steal as well.

What I'm trying to say, is that there's absolutely no way you can get Deathward or Deathproof before Anima. None of the equipment sold by shops (including O'aka's) will sell Death equipment.

There are four times you can't use only Tidus, but that actually makes the challenge harder. Oh and I don't kill the characters in random encounters I have them use the escape command...
In Via Purifico I'll flee from all battles. Then get my Aeons overdrives and keep trying until I succeed. This stuff has been done before

Tavrobel
08-14-2006, 12:45 AM
I edited my post.

Also, I do not care about the difficulty, I care about whether it is valid or not. If you cannot use Tidus in a Tidus only challenge, then the design is flawed, and therefore is not an actually challenge, just someone who THINKS he can do a challenge with something that is not a challenge in the first place.

EDIT: If it already has been done, then why do it? To prove something? No one cares. You prove nothing except that you know how to waste time.

Goldenboko
08-14-2006, 12:49 AM
You can do it just not FOUR times during the game....
Its four times lighten up man...
And difficulty does matter... its called a challenge for a reason...

EDIT: If it already has been done, then why do it? To prove something? No one cares. You prove nothing except that you know how to waste time.

After that I'm done talking to you... Did you just come to this post and instantly decide your going to try and put this person down... did you forget second grade logic if you've got nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all? Thats like saying "why bother beating the side bosses if other people have done it"
I'm not trying to prove anything I just enjoy doing this in free time.

Tavrobel
08-14-2006, 12:58 AM
If you want a challenge, try playing the game without a controller.

The challenge is still invalid because you do not use Tidus at least once throughout the game. It is a "Tidus only" challenge. Challenge meaning that the rules remain unbroken throughout the duration.

Difficulty does not matter if all you have to do is tap the X button at the right time.

O btw, don't double post. Use the edit button, that's what it's there for.

rubah
08-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Fine then, his challenge is a "Tidus-only except for those four times when you have to use someone who isn't Tidus"

Are you happy? Nit-picking will never gain you many friends :p

I wish you much luck in your challenge, btw.

FTF
08-14-2006, 03:55 AM
I could have sworn i just posted this... (if I double post, I'll fix that, but as far as I can tell, the first try didn't go through..)

@Tavrobel: The 'official', or... at least, agreed-upon rules for SCC games (that I remember) are:

- If the main character is not available, you may do whatever you want with the others, but NSG rules apply.
-In any fight where escape is possible, everyone but the main character must escape ASAP.
-If escape is not possible, the other characters must constantly change weapons. They may not defend, be healed, or be revived.

The reason for challenges isn't to show off, it's to add an extra level of difficulty to the game. They involve alot more thinking and planning than normal games, and can really teach you alot about the game. If you don't like the idea, no one needs to know that.

Anyways, Goldenboco, Anima isn't that hard... because it's pretty easy to kill him before he uses pain. As Tavrobel said, he has 18,000 HP. I honestly have no clue how many turns you'll get before him, but I assume it'll be enough, especially with an overdrive (haste will help too). If you're not sure you can do it, level up a bit beforehand.

Goldenboko
08-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2006, 05:35 PM
It helps if you overlevel.