PDA

View Full Version : How to become a good Blitz Ball Player.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 02:18 AM
im a big newbie at blitz ball.. i recently started over and juts finished the blitz ball tourny in luca.. and i lost to the goers 3-0.. the first time i played i beat them 4-1 but that file got deleted. so im wondering how do i become a good blitz ball player... like who to recruit, and where can i find them, and how to train and other stuff

thanks

Goldenboko
08-14-2006, 02:30 AM
My advice is to just play... your characters will become great in no time. Blitzball is no challenge, just train your characters and don't get new ones because your characters will be so much better then everyone elses (worked for me)

My strategy...
Have only Tidus shoot (Jecht Shot)
And Have everyone else have good defensive techniques (Drain Tackle, etc.) and good passing techniques because Jecht Shot can and will win any match for you.

licence
08-14-2006, 02:37 AM
The only team that an pose a problem early on are probably the Al Bhed because of Nimrook's high CA. A nap shot that will hopefully put him out is a good way to solve that problem.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 03:08 AM
The only team that an pose a problem early on are probably the Al Bhed because of Nimrook's high CA. A nap shot that will hopefully put him out is a good way to solve that problem.

not to be mean and i kinda thank you for trying to help me... but how does that help me? lol im triyng to become a good blitz ball team player person lol

FTF
08-14-2006, 03:39 AM
Uhm... I'm not going to say my way is the best.. because I really don't know, but it seemed to work for me:

I did not bltiz at all between Luca and when I got the airship. Once I got the airship, I immediately recruited Wakka and Ropp (in the Mi'ihen Highroad hotel thingy), and started playing. I'm sure there are other good free agents, but I can't remember any (look around Luca for others). Play a few games, and chances are that some team might drop some good players. Al Bhed players are great, and they're easy to access (they're in the airship). Luca also has some good players, and, early on, Ronsos can be pretty useful.

Other than keeping your eye open for possible recruits, keep learning techs, especially key ones. Once you et a few good players, and a few good techs, blitzball becomes *very* easy.

Sefie1999AD
08-14-2006, 03:35 PM
I'd first suggest getting Jecht Shot for Tidus because that's a great way to score, especially because it eliminates several defenders and is hard to save. Get a good defender, such as Ropp, and get Biggs and Wedge on your team. On lower levels, Wedge is a really good attacker. For me, he usually does even more goals than Tidus. Brother is also a good player. Get a good goalie (I had Miyu) and have him/her learn the Super Goalie ability. Play several games and let your players develop, and you'll also learn some good tactics while playing.

Arvick
09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
i think you must take zalitz when you bigin the game you must walk back to where you can see movie spheres and there he is it is a good player for the bigin. and when you can get blapa take him he is one of the greatest attackers in the blitz world i think!!! i never lost a game with him in my team and balgerda and nadia in the defence!!! nadia you can find her in the calm lands near the save sphere!!!

TheSpoonyBard
09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
LF: Tidus
RF: Wedge/Shaami/Vilucha
MF: Zev Ronso/Brother (post-airship)
LD: Ropp
RD: Zalitz/Naida
GL: Jumal/Miyu

Wedge is the guard on the right on the steps leading to the BB stadium in Luca.
Shaami is the reporter in yellow on the bridge between the stadium and the main square in Luca.
Vilucha is the woman in blue in the first house on the right in Besaid.
Zev Ronso is the only Ronso on dock 6 in Luca.
Brother is the pilot of the Airship.
Ropp is the man behind the counter in the Mi'ihen Highroad Travel Agency.
Zalitz is the man sitting in the wall on the path leading to the Sphere Theatre in Luca.
Naida is behind the counter at the Calm Lands Travel Agency.
Jumal is the man in yellow sitting on the bench in the main square of Luca.
Miyu is the Crusader in red sitting on the bench on the Moonflow North Warf.

If you can, learn Jecht Shot on the S.S. Winno and use Manual A when you play BB.

Once you have the Airship and have played for a while, try to recruit a couple of the Psyches. All except Lakkam are in the Cargo Room. Blappa has a contract of 4 games, and should be placed as a forward alongside Tidus. Judda has a contract of 10 games and should be placed in defence alongside Ropp unless you already have him and Naida. Nimrook has a contract of 24 games, and should be placed in goal.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-12-2006, 09:00 PM
I use
RF: Wedge
MF: Brother
RD: Doram (From Luca Goers) I just used the regular guys from the Aurochs until I round someone else.
LD: Graav (From Luca also)
GL: Jumal

I've been undefeated for the last 27 games, and two of my players are lv. 13. Brother is a key to my success because he is so fast. I give him the ball and run away from all of the other team. Lure them to you, but don't let them get you. Then you make an area wide dash for the opposing goal and shoot. Easy does it.

vorpal blade
09-13-2006, 11:11 AM
I used to suck too. But now I can't stop winning. I think I got a 10- 0 win once. All I know is that I have:
Tidus
Wakka
Brother
Kyou
Zalitz
uh... someone...
Miyu

And Brother is at level 24 or something while everyone else is at level 12 or so. I even reset the stats to make it harder ( stat fom beginning) and I can't lose!
Yet I keep losing the Tournaments. How do you win them?

crazybayman
09-13-2006, 02:43 PM
If you want to win that first game, it helps to have the Jecht Shot.

Pass around the ball, keeping away from the opposing players until Tidus is near the opposing goalie. (I say keep away, because most of the Goers players will own those pitiful Aurochs in a matchup). Once Tidus is near, pass it to him, and if he's covered do the Jecht Shot, if he's open do the Sphere Shot. He'll only get to do this once per half, as both shots require a lot of hp.

In the second half, be sure to get tidus in for a shot early, as he leaves part ways in to let Wakka on. After that, just play "keep away".

After Luca, recruit the following:
RF: Wedge - the entrance to Luca Stadium.
MF: Brother - airship bridge
RD: Kyou - the bridge to Djose Temple
LD: Ropp - Mi'hen Travel Agency
Goal: Miyu - North Bank of the Moonflow

extra: Zalitz - a great defender until you recruit Kyou.
extra: Zev Ronso - a great MF until you recruit Brother

You'll be unbeatable.

TheSpoonyBard
09-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Zalitz - a great defender until you recruit Kyou.
Zalitz's AT and BL are higher than Kyou's until Lv70-ish. Kyou's got a bit more EN and PA, but that's not as important. I'd still choose Naida over either of them when I reach the Calm Lands.

crazybayman
09-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Zalitz - a great defender until you recruit Kyou.
Zalitz's AT and BL are higher than Kyou's until Lv70-ish. Kyou's got a bit more EN and PA, but that's not as important. I'd still choose Naida over either of them when I reach the Calm Lands.
Fair enough - if you want to wait until then. By the time I got there, she was taken. Plus I had levelled Zalitz and Kyou much more than her, at that point.

I'll keep it in mind for next time, though.

I don't remember off the top of my head, but there was certainly a big reason why I replaced Zalitz with Kyou. Perhaps it was the passing and EN, which is great for taking tackles to avoid turnovers, and executing those long-bomb break-away passes to tidus. If that were the case, I wouldn't say that Zalitz's AT and BL were THAT much higher than Kyou's. As well, I wouldn't say AT and BL are more important than EN and PA. You need high EN in a defender, because they're your last line of defence next to the goalie, and a turnover by them means a breakaway for the other team. Plus, as already stated, a high PA means great break-out passing, to get the ball up to your forwards, for better offence.