PDA

View Full Version : Worst Battle Music

Cruise Control
08-14-2006, 03:09 AM
What game do you thinkn has the worst battle music. I vote Lufia. I love the game to peices, but 2/4 battle themes suck.

Thorn
08-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Neither link works.

Sefie1999AD
08-14-2006, 04:04 PM
I'll go with Chrono Cross' Hurricane (also known as Gale). That one is really annoying, and I got fed up with it after going through the first few areas (the beach near Serge's home and the beginning of Another World). Another one I disliked was FFX's battle theme. That one was just way too cheerful, and I was annoyed by it especially during areas with disturbingly high random encounter rates, when I had to keep listening to it all the time. I don't think FFX-2's battle theme was too good, but at least it wasn't totally irritating.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2006, 06:06 PM
It's my favorite game, but I'd have to say FFX's battle theme. It wasn't that bad, but hearing it over and over....yeah. They should have a different theme for every area.

boys from the dwarf
08-16-2006, 10:09 AM
i agree with jesse1. after hearing it 200 times it gets boring. after hearing about 500 times you start feeling the sudden urge to gnaw your own leg off. i dont know how people who spend hours upon hours of training up to beat penance can put up with that constant tune.

Nominus Experse
08-17-2006, 06:48 AM
I agree perfectly with Jesse1 and boys from the dwarf - the battle theme in FFX is by far the worst of all the ones that I have played. The same cursed chords driving into your brain and the begining of a battle, over, and over, and over, and over...

It's maddening.

Hell, even the battle themes for X-2 were better, even though they took a completely different approach. In fact, I kind of liked some of the battle themes in X-2, which is sad and patheitic when X's soundtrack is widely regarded as the better of the two.

Just thinking about FFX's accursed battle theme causes me to have a strange, primal need to gnaw my hand away unil its raw and bleeding.

crono_logical
08-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I'd probably have to pick the stuff from X-2 :p FFX's gets bad after a while though, yeah, due to how much you have to hear it.

To be honest, I quite liked Lufia's (and Lufia 2's) battle and boss themes, especially some of the more interesting guitar work in them :p

Ramza Beoulve
08-17-2006, 07:52 PM
i agree with jesse1. after hearing it 200 times it gets boring. after hearing about 500 times you start feeling the sudden urge to gnaw your own leg off. i dont know how people who spend hours upon hours of training up to beat penance can put up with that constant tune.
Headphones my friend :cool:. But yeah, FFX has the worst battle theme that I know, just for the training for Penance I bought 5 music disc for hearing through training :).

Dell
08-18-2006, 04:35 AM
FFX-2. I like FFX battle theme!

Meat Puppet
08-18-2006, 04:39 AM
FFX's battle theme. I haven't played the game, but I downloaded the theme many moons ago (after a peer recommended it to me). The track just seems to depress me too much. Doesn't make me feel like fighting. I guess I'd have to play the game to truly feel it, though.

ama124
08-19-2006, 08:10 PM
I don't like FFX-2 regular battle music. It gets incredibly annoying after awhile. I like the boss music though.

Markus. D
08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
sorry FFX-2 :(

but your normal battle theme is very very very whiny after hearing it for the 15th time.

Jessweeee♪
08-26-2006, 12:34 AM
I was dissapointed not to hear the usual fanfare in FFX-2

UltimaMasamune
08-28-2006, 11:28 AM
FFX-2 handsdown and FFX had a pretty good battle theme

Nifleheim7
09-04-2006, 02:03 AM
FFX-2 had the worst
FFVII had the best

_yeojina_
09-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Worst: Final Fantasy IV, V, VI and X. IV, V and VI were too similar with each other. X gave me brain damage for the rest of my life.

Best: Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX. VII had a little danger in it. VIII... a lot. IX was lively, but not cheerful.

Remember, this is all on opinion, so don't fight. And sorry about the tiny text. I like it though.