PDA

View Full Version : Create an Ally

Slicksword45
08-14-2006, 03:48 AM
ok. I saw this on GameFAQ (hmmmm.... a smart thread on GameFAQ?) and so I thought i should bring it here.

Started by: The Archimage

Here's a topic where you can create your own party member! Character's don't have to be from Disney or Square, they can be from any video game, television show, movie, book, cartoon, or anime you can think of! Here is a template to use:

Name: (Duh!)
From: (the game/video game/whatever the character comes from)

Attacks: (List the ally's attacks, including the ability that allows use of the Limit)

Limit: (Name and describe the Limit. Remember that in the game most Limits have three phases, such as Aladdin's Speedster -> Quickplay -> Trickster. Also note of any special qualities, like Sora being able to fly or the Limit ending if Sora tries to move)

Other Abilities: (Other equippable abilities the character possesses. Totally optional, but here for those who want completeness)

I will also be rating the submissions. The following areas will be considered:

Inventiveness: If you create Mario as an ally, don't just have him jump around a lot and throw fireballs; give him hammers, shells, ground pounds, punches, capes, and more! Having a wide variety of attacks is good, showing off everything the character can do is better, and being creative is best of all!

Detail: Make sure to give a clear picture of what the ally is doing and how the moves look. This does not mean you have to describe every lick of flame from a fireball, but you might want to say whether the fireball is large or small, or if it's an unusual color, or if it explodes on contact, or sets the ground it passes over on fire... or anything else that stands out! If you describe an attack well, it can only look cooler when someone tries to imagine it... and coolness is the key to high ratings!

Play balance: Don't give the guy an attack that kills every nearby enemy for 1 MP, or a Limit with fifteen phases. Likewise, don't give them an ability that has no use, or a Limit that kills Sora instantly. It's okay to make them powerful, but not so powerful that he's a walking win-button. I'm not going to be a big stickler on this; if it sounds too ridiculous, chances are it is.

Humor: If you make a joke entry, make sure it's a funny joke. Pop culture references can help you, tastelessness will definitely count against you. Example: The Fonz, who jumps a shark during his Limit, is funny. Osama bin Laden, whose Limit involves making the Twin Towers fall on enemies, is not. Negative scores are reserved solely for joke entries that fail as jokes; keep that in mind

Anyway, i'll judge and their the instructions. Also you can make up a person but please give a Discription of what they look like.