PDA

View Full Version : Is this game worth getting?

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 05:59 AM
My friends say its a good game and alot of spent like 60+ hours on it?
but i am wondering should i get it... the lowest # final fantasy game i started on was IX, and i loved it, i played it more then 3 times and beat it more then 3 times lol. Right now i am on Final Fantasy X, and I'm trying to complete it 90%+.

also is final fantasy VIII worth getting?

Zeromus_X
08-14-2006, 06:02 AM
You may not be used to the (now) archaic graphics, but don't let that distract you. I'd say the game is definitely worth a buy. I don't think you'll be disappointed by the gameplay or story, at any rate.

Aralith
08-14-2006, 06:08 AM
The graphics are a little iffy, but you'll get over those very quickly, as you are immersed in an amazing world that seems very realistic. The storyline and characters of this game are some of the best I have ever seen. This game is definitely worth the graphics and the time. Definitely get it. Especially if you like X, because there are quite a few similarities between X and VII.

Slade
08-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Yes, it's worth getting and so is VIII :)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Of course you should. VII and VIII have way better battle systems than IX and are thoroughly more enjoyable IMHO

Rhinoa
08-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Get it Get it!!!!!
the best game i've ever played
with the BEST story line
and I LOVE the blocky graphics
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Yes!! they both are awesome games, plus one winged angel is the best final battle theme ever (I'm listening to it now :D)
the junction system in FFVIII is a bit confusing though, it may take you a couple of tries to get it.

Jobee
08-14-2006, 09:04 PM
The game is definitely worth getting. Although by X's standards the graphics may seem bad you will adapt to them soon enough as Aralith said. I would also reccomend 8, though 7 has always been my personal favourite

Omnislash07
08-15-2006, 12:56 AM
you should definetly buy them both they are great games and they both blow 9 out of the water

Brian The Pink Shark
08-15-2006, 08:49 AM
And while your at it get II, IV, VI and VIII :choc:

The Crystal
08-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Don't heard what the FFVII fanboys say. If you belive in them, you will play the game with so many spectatives, that you will be disappointed. Principally when the first disc is VERY BORING.
And another thing that you have to remember is that you already played FFIX, a game that is much better then VII. So, i doubt that FFVII will impress you very much.
But my advise is to play the game, because he is very good, like all FFs(but is not THAT good, like people will try to make you belive).

Jobee
08-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Don't heard what the FFVII fanboys say. If you belive in them, you will play the game with so many spectatives, that you will be disappointed. Principally when the first disc is VERY BORING.
And another thing that you have to remember is that you already played FFIX, a game that is much better then VII. So, i doubt that FFVII will impress you very much.
But my advise is to play the game, because he is very good, like all FFs(but is not THAT good, like people will try to make you belive).

Hmm I see where your coming from The Crystal with the fact this is the ff7 forum and most of the people here (me included) prefer ff7 the most, but 9 being better is only a personal opinion. Still, you are entitled to your own and..hmm what's the point I'm trying to make

In conclusion: Ignore Me

punkforpez
08-16-2006, 05:32 AM
FFVII has an amazing story. the controls and archaic graphics will very soon take a backseat to the story and gameplay. you'll definitely miss the analog stick after a few hours. also, don't let the first 6 hours or so get you down. they'll be fun, but you'll be stuck in Midgar. once you leave there, the game gets sooo much better.

Zeromus_X
08-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Midgar seems pretty action-packed during the beginning to me. What other games have you blow up two reactors before the first two hours of the game are over?

Don't answer that. :cat:

Master Vivi
08-16-2006, 06:15 AM
=] i will defintally get this once i get my next paycheck lol.. i just started X over, and im like half way done but i want to complete it 100%... and then ima play X-2 and then ill get to VII
and if i ike vii enough il lbuy viii

punkforpez
08-16-2006, 07:13 AM
FFVI is awesome too.

boys from the dwarf
08-16-2006, 08:29 AM
FF9 was my favourite but FF7 is an amazing game and you would seriously regret not getting it. just get all of of the FFs at some point. nearly all of them are worth getting. and FF7 is one of the best.

Swift Strike
08-16-2006, 10:50 AM
seven is a good game i am on it now but there has been some trouble with alot of games.if you have a ps2 the game may not work on it.i think that seven is the best final fantasy pas i have played through it many times.you should get eight too because when i played through it i was glued to the screen but then my file was erased:cry:. all in all u should get them both.oh on ff7 (im one of those people who hate small things that should of been changed)they have no mouthes can some one explane why?

Vyk
08-16-2006, 11:31 AM
they have no mouthes can some one explane why?
'Cause nobody laughs in 7. The earlier games had no mouths either. They were added in 6 because characters actually laughed. It was cute watching Locke's sprite laugh at how Celes sang while she was practicing.

FF7 knows how to tell a story. There's no boring beginning, you're thrown right into the thick of it. The story and characters take you away real quick. Forget that there's no analog, you get used to that quickly enough. For pure story-telling prowess, where the plot and some of the characters' endearment completely grips your soul, there's arguably no better game in my opinion. Though I can't explain what it was about this game, but it had me by the seat of my pants, and Square hasn't been able to repeat that since. Only FF6 can compete with it in my opinion. In FF terms anyway... (Xenogears had the same effect on me, if not more-so. Same with KOTOR)

Dreddz
08-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Yes, yes you should.

aquatius
08-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Don't get VIII (It sucks), but FFVII is definately the best FF ever.

BizarroSephiroth
08-16-2006, 01:52 PM
GET 7!!!! IT ROCKS

GET 8!!!! IT ROCKS TOO!!!

I Am Stoner
08-16-2006, 02:00 PM
GET 7!!!! IT ROCKS

GET 8!!!! IT ROCKS TOO!!!

Yep yep yep!!

Elpizo
08-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Be like me. Buy VII, VIII and IX. Be like me again, and like all three of them. Also, be smart and don't start hailing Cloud and Sephiroth like your uber gods. That's dangerous if you want to keep enjoying other FF's.

DON'T listen to what they say. If they say VII and VIII are waaaaaaaaaay better than IX. Don't believe them. Only when you finished/played all three, you are welcome to side with whatever opinion you like.

But yes, this game is worth getting, as are VIII and IX.

aquatius
08-17-2006, 01:53 PM
VIII I hated, FFIX was great and FFVII ROCKED!

Dell
08-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Yes, you should.

I can't understand why people says Final Fantasy IX sucks, in my opinion, Final Fantasy IX is 10000 times better than Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII, magnificent story, good gameplay, good graphic, one of the greatest music, well-made character. I'm just saying this as opinion.

In conclusion: Ignore Me

Vincent's Inferno
08-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Hell Yes you should:) . I would consider this one plus ffx or ffx-2. They are all really good. ff7 is my game of choice. Not just the characters but the storyline in 7 is so badass compared to that of the ffX and ffX-2 games.

So I guess the answer to your question is Hell Yeah! Get This Game:cool: