PDA

View Full Version : Best Places to level?

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 06:29 AM
okay.... well i just started over because i was a "dumbass" and sold all my capture weapons, and i think i sold kimahri's ultimate weapon. but anyways to the point.. i just started over, and where is the best place to gain sphere points or best method to get sphere points in the begining?

FTF
08-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Oops, I forgot to mention it earlier... but you can buy the capture weapons back from the monster arena owner. They're really cheap, I'll check how much in a sec, and edit.

EDIT: 9075 each, and no problem.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 06:32 AM
Oops, I forgot to mention it earlier... but you can buy the capture weapons back from the monster arena owner. They're really cheap, I'll check how much in a sec, and edit.

thanks man your a real help :)

Tavrobel
08-14-2006, 03:28 PM
okay.... well i just started over because i was a "dumbass" and sold all my capture weapons, and i think i sold kimahri's ultimate weapon. but anyways to the point.. i just started over, and where is the best place to gain sphere points or best method to get sphere points in the begining?

You can't sell Ultimate Weapons. And Capture Weapons are incredibly cheap, as been mentioned.

The best way to get AP is to use Omega Ruins or Inside Sin. If you are lucky, you can pick up some very nice AP weapons (Triple AP, Overdrive --> AP, Triple Overdrive) from the Ruins enemies. If you can't fight those off yet, then use the Zanarkand enemies until you are ready. Or try Fiend catching.

Rockyvu
08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
The best place that I realise to level up in the begining towards the middle of that game is:

1) 1 fighting the cacture in the desert
2) Fight machina in the Bridge at Bevelle

The 2 places give much more experience that any other place before or after that.

Goldenboko
08-14-2006, 04:32 PM
The easiest and fastest way...
Equiped an overdrive to Ap weapon and go to the Cavern of the Stolen fayth. Set your overdrive to loner. Get in a battle with a Magic Urn. Have your two other party members escape. And continually press triangle for infinite Ap.
Because...
Loner makes overdrive fill every turn you fight alone.
Overdrive to Ap makes overdrive become AP. The hardest part is costimizing for an Overdrive to AP weapon.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 04:56 PM
The easiest and fastest way...
Equiped an overdrive to Ap weapon and go to the Cavern of the Stolen fayth. Set your overdrive to loner. Get in a battle with a Magic Urn. Have your two other party members escape. And continually press triangle for infinite Ap.
Because...
Loner makes overdrive fill every turn you fight alone.
Overdrive to Ap makes overdrive become AP. The hardest part is costimizing for an Overdrive to AP weapon.

=/ i need help in the begining... i just finished the blitzball tourny and i am at mi'ihen high road

The best place that I realise to level up in the begining towards the middle of that game is:

1) 1 fighting the cacture in the desert
2) Fight machina in the Bridge at Bevelle

The 2 places give much more experience that any other place before or after that.

thoes are towards the end lol..

Tavrobel
08-14-2006, 05:06 PM
If you are at the beginning of the game, the only place you can get AP is the beginning. If you are at Mi'ihen, then the only place to get AP that won't kill you is Mi'ihen. There's nothing else you can do.

Why did you restart? Everyone in this thread TOLD you how to continue. You can't even sell Ultimate Weapons; what just because you acted like an idiot and sold your weapons without thinking about it, that automatically makes you think that you have to start over? GET OVER IT, GROW A SPINE AND START FROM YOUR FIRST SAVE FILE THAT YOU ALREADY DID.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 05:08 PM
If you are at the beginning of the game, the only place you can get AP is the beginning. If you are at Mi'ihen, then the only place to get AP that won't kill you is Mi'ihen. There's nothing else you can do.

Why did you restart? Everyone in this thread TOLD you how to continue. You can't even sell Ultimate Weapons; what just because you acted like an idiot and sold your weapons without thinking about it, that automatically makes you think that you have to start over? GET OVER IT, GROW A SPINE AND START FROM YOUR FIRST SAVE FILE THAT YOU ALREADY DID.

..... i started over becaues most of my characters are weak... and i want kimahri to be strong and also i took kimahri on the wrong pass why dont you just stfu i asked for help not a fag to come in here and flame me

Goldenboko
08-14-2006, 05:13 PM

What is up with you man it seems like everytime you respond to something you are so negitive. He has to list every reason he restarted? Look there are good places to train and bad places to train and tricks to trainning. My advice is always plow through the easy part of the game and get to cavern of the stolen fayth with Overdrive to Ap weapons and loner.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 05:18 PM

What is up with you man it seems like everytime you respond to something you are so negitive. He has to list every reason he restarted? Look there are good places to train and bad places to train and tricks to trainning. My advice is always plow through the easy part of the game and get to cavern of the stolen fayth with Overdrive to Ap weapons and loner.

ty for the advice

Tavrobel
08-14-2006, 05:20 PM
..... i started over becaues most of my characters are weak... and i want kimahri to be strong and also i took kimahri on the wrong pass why dont you just stfu i asked for help not a fag to come in here and flame me

Now, now, now, there's no need to be snide. I'm not flaming you, I'm flaming your ideals. Big difference.

Negativity is of the utmost importance. If something bad happens, then you are always ready.

Yes, he does, or at least a good one. Kimahri being weak isn't exactly a good one, but I'll concede that if he likes Kimahri, he should go ahead and re-level him, althought it doesn't take that much effort to find a Teleport Sphere/Return Sphere/Friend Sphere/level grind.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 05:22 PM

Now, now, now, there's no need to be snide. I'm not flaming you, I'm flaming your ideals. Big difference.

Negativity is of the utmost importance. If something bad happens, then you are always ready.

Yes, he does, or at least a good one. Kimahri being weak isn't exactly a good one, but I'll concede that if he likes Kimahri, he should go ahead and re-level him, althought it doesn't take that much effort to find a Teleport Sphere/Return Sphere/Friend Sphere/level grind.

also why does it matter to you if i want to start over or not?

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2006, 05:33 PM
I have a question. If I use entrust on someone with an overdrive-->ap weapon, will that also contribute to the ap?

Behold the Void
08-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Let's calm down and not be buttheads to each other. It's a game for chrissakes. And I'd hope I don't need to start passing out bans because of it.

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Let's calm down and not be buttheads to each other. It's a game for chrissakes. And I'd hope I don't need to start passing out bans because of it.

i havnt done anything wrong.. :(

IceAngel
08-16-2006, 03:07 PM
What do you need to make an Overdrive to AP weapon? I didn't know there was such a thing :confused:

Goldenboko
08-16-2006, 04:18 PM
10 Door To Tommorows
You can bribe Door to Tomorrow x2 for 74,000 gil from the Mech Leader

IceAngel
08-18-2006, 05:54 PM
OK thanks I will do that soon :)

f f freak
08-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't really understand why you restarted. If your characters were weak then you just travel back a bit and level up then continue when you feel ready. Also when you are only at Mi'ihen there isn't anywhere to level up so you should just get on with the game.

Master Vivi
08-19-2006, 07:52 PM
i started over because i felt like starting over?why does it matter now. i got all the ultimate weapons with all the crests and sigil and now im getting anima and the magus sisters... and im about to face ject in sin..

Neo_Bahamut11
08-20-2006, 10:25 PM
10 Door To Tommorows
ok call me dumb but i was woundering who is the mech leader and were can i find him also wot was the feind u had fight cuz i dont no the the location it sounds 2 me like a really smart way 2 get ap the problem is i dunno were the hell everything is anymore as i have just come back 2 me save file after a year also just woundered if u could help out with summit else

yuna's ultimate weapon i have both the moon crest and sngil but the chest wont open it is the 1 in front of the guy u catch monsters 4 i have the the loudy mirro sumone said i have 2 trade that is that wot i have not done yet? sorry about asking just stuck thats all.

Master Vivi
08-20-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Door To Tommorows
ok call me dumb but i was woundering who is the mech leader and were can i find him also wot was the feind u had fight cuz i dont no the the location it sounds 2 me like a really smart way 2 get ap the problem is i dunno were the hell everything is anymore as i have just come back 2 me save file after a year also just woundered if u could help out with summit else

yuna's ultimate weapon i have both the moon crest and sngil but the chest wont open it is the 1 in front of the guy u catch monsters 4 i have the the loudy mirro sumone said i have 2 trade that is that wot i have not done yet? sorry about asking just stuck thats all.

Mech leader can be found in Mt. Gagazet or how ever you spell it. you take the cloudy mirror to Macalania woods and it turns into a crestial mirror or what eever im not good with names lol so anyways after you get the crestial mirrior, you can get all the good weapons

Neo_Bahamut11
08-20-2006, 11:26 PM
thanks alot that was a great help cheers i think if i get nevana or watever ir is i might finaly be able 2 beat omega weapon once again thanks

farplaner
08-21-2006, 04:31 AM
thanks alot that was a great help cheers i think if i get nevana or watever ir is i might finaly be able 2 beat omega weapon once again thanks

Though, I always get the ultimate weapons just as a matter of course, you don't need any of them to beat Omega...certainly not Yuna's Nirvana.

If i'm interpreting your garbled post correctly, you are looking for a trick to gaining AP. At the monster arena there is a creation (can't remember which of the three categories) that is based off of a Cactuar...I think it's Cactuar King. Anyway, you want to get some armor customized with triple overdrive and overdrive => AP (make sure to have a lot of Pheonix Downs), and I think you need to use provoke on the cactuar with whoever you want to level up.

Neo_Bahamut11
08-21-2006, 12:50 PM
ok that sounds like a good idear ill try it. I no u dont have 2 have it 2 deafeat omega weapon but im thinking yuna with holy could do alot of damage as her magic is very strong.

anyway i went 2 the macalania woods with the cloudy mirro and it has not change do i have 2 do summit der? Oh and sorry 4 my really confusing posts earlier i was just really tired thats all.

Master Vivi
08-21-2006, 02:32 PM
You should get the Magus Sisters... they are pretty beastly one of there attacks on one of the sisters did like 30k damage

also you should get everyone's ultimate weapon. the aeons will do crazy damage and you should be able to beat omega in no time

crazybayman
08-21-2006, 03:00 PM
For a good AP gaining weapon, fight One-Eye on the monster arena. (created from capturing one of every flying "one-eye" type creatures.) One-Eye, in the monster arena, drops weapons with Triple AP often. Add overdrive-->ap, and triple overdrive through customizations, and you have the ultimate AP gaining weapon.

Then there's further tricks, using overdrives types (comrade, stoic, etc) while fighting different enemies, which give you crazy ap. there have been countless threads and posts made on this in this in this forum.......

farplaner
08-22-2006, 06:32 AM
ok that sounds like a good idear ill try it. I no u dont have 2 have it 2 deafeat omega weapon but im thinking yuna with holy could do alot of damage as her magic is very strong.

anyway i went 2 the macalania woods with the cloudy mirro and it has not change do i have 2 do summit der? Oh and sorry 4 my really confusing posts earlier i was just really tired thats all.

At the entrance of Macalania (coming from Thunder Plains) there should be a woman with her son. If you talk to her she will mention that she is supposed to be meeting her husband at that spot.

If you exit to the right (toward the calm lands) and exit again (still in Macalania) on the side path where there is a small alcove you will see a man stnading there.

Talk to him and choose the correct option. Now go back to the first screen and talk to woman again. She will say something to the effect of "now my son is missing."

Now go up the "magical path" that goes above the forest floor. You will see an open path where the boy is investigating some...thing. Examine it, and your cloudy mirror will be transformed into the celestial mirror. This spot is also where you use the crests and sigils to power up the ultimate weapons.

Hope that does the trick. In addition, if you can't find this or any other info you may need in this forum, Gamafaqs has very in-depth faqs for everything FF.

Neo_Bahamut11
08-22-2006, 08:37 AM
ok that worked thank u

farplaner
08-23-2006, 01:51 AM
ok that worked thank u

no prob, Bob.

Aeondo
09-02-2006, 11:26 PM
He wanted to restart,let him. the game is awesome and am on the fourth play through it myself.
You want endgame ap the go in the arena and fight shinryu over and over again. In the beginning I trained in the calmlands until everyone had their own section of the sphere grid filled and Tidus had all the abilities as yuna did as far as curing hp and status conditions yes I am a lvl nerd

farplaner
09-03-2006, 06:30 AM
He wanted to restart,let him. the game is awesome and am on the fourth play through it myself.
You want endgame ap the go in the arena and fight shinryu over and over again. In the beginning I trained in the calmlands until everyone had their own section of the sphere grid filled and Tidus had all the abilities as yuna did as far as curing hp and status conditions yes I am a lvl nerd

are you serious? I would consider you a lvl. newbie. Come back after you have cleared all locks and non. max sphere nodes from the grid, gotten 255 in all stats. for all characters, and have (as one possible course of action) something like 50,000 HP...then we can start discussing your nerd credentials. ;)

Aeondo
09-03-2006, 06:59 AM
excuse me you want my stats???? YOU VERY WELL GOT THEM
stats of my main team
Tidus
str-185 agil-180
def-158 luck-19
mgk-146 evade-134
mdef-129 acc-80
KIMAHRI
str-186 agil-178
def-163 luck-18
mgk-146 evade-129
mdef-129 acc-75
YUNA
str-179 agil-183
def-153 luck-154
mgk-164 evade-18
mdef-144 acc-73

HP
Tidus 27066
Kimahri 27227
lulu 26884
yuna 27007
wakka 27193
auron 27469
rikku 26854

ALL MY AEONS ARE MAXED!!!!!!!!
whats with all the people yellin at me today i post a way for easy ap without cheaten and i get this crap

Aeondo
09-03-2006, 07:02 AM

are you serious? I would consider you a lvl. newbie. Come back after you have cleared all locks and non. max sphere nodes from the grid, gotten 255 in all stats. for all characters, and have (as one possible course of action) something like 50,000 HP...then we can start discussing your nerd credentials. ;)
there is no such ting as 50,000hp using the standard sphere grid.
I leave empty nodes empty cause im not cheap
I have every sphere that means something filled other than luck cause it was a waste of my orbs

farplaner
09-03-2006, 11:57 AM

I have every sphere that means something filled other than luck cause it was a waste of my orbs

:rolleyes2 Calm down, dude. I never yelled at you. My whole post is intended to be light-hearted...so take it easy, bro.

I don't have the Int. version so I only have one shpere grid, and with it one can get HP a lot higher than 50,000 and still have 255 in all stats with relatively low luck.

*And just to save you a little trouble, you should edit your original post instead of double-posting. The moderators frown on that.

Aeondo
09-03-2006, 06:53 PM
srry about the double post it was to quote summit I havent seen before.
I overreact when I take something as "I dont play the way you do"
Yea if you lave all the empty nodes alone there are the max stats.

sorry if my post was that negative to you, it was 1 in the morning=tired and cranky. the caps was not yelling poeple look over that stuff often

Rockyvu
09-04-2006, 03:16 AM
My question is, why do you want to stay around for hours and hourse leveling up in the begining of the game anyway. If people can finish the game without spear grid, then it's pretty damn easy to just go through the game without having to hang around to level up. And if ya want to get good levels fast, then just go for AP trick later.

Zeromus_X
09-04-2006, 03:18 AM
Don Tonberry. :cat:

Goldenboko
09-04-2006, 03:19 AM
Don Tonberry. :cat:

I usually agree with that but Cactuar King works better for me lately.

Shadowdeathrose
09-04-2006, 08:14 AM
My question is, why do you want to stay around for hours and hourse leveling up in the begining of the game anyway. If people can finish the game without spear grid, then it's pretty damn easy to just go through the game without having to hang around to level up. And if ya want to get good levels fast, then just go for AP trick later.

The game Cannot be completed without sphere grid. if you want to complete it 100% - You need alot of the sphere Grid completed to do that but even to just defeat every boss you need it filled in. you cannot go through the game taking off 100 every turn....

What do you need to make an Overdrive to AP weapon? I didn't know there was such a thing :confused:

Yeah there is a weapon that does Overdrive > Ap it's a very helpfull weapon if you want to get loads of Ap fast.... i recommend it allot

farplaner
09-04-2006, 11:19 AM
srry about the double post it was to quote summit I havent seen before.
I overreact when I take something as "I dont play the way you do"
Yea if you lave all the empty nodes alone there are the max stats.

sorry if my post was that negative to you, it was 1 in the morning=tired and cranky. the caps was not yelling poeple look over that stuff often

It's all good. :cool:

Goldenboko
09-12-2006, 12:08 AM

:rolleyes2 Calm down, dude. I never yelled at you. My whole post is intended to be light-hearted...so take it easy, bro.

I don't have the Int. version so I only have one shpere grid, and with it one can get HP a lot higher than 50,000 and still have 255 in all stats with relatively low luck.

*And just to save you a little trouble, you should edit your original post instead of double-posting. The moderators frown on that.

... Just wondering why do we bother getting our stats so high if you don't need to for Nemesis? I've overleveled too but 50,000 and 255 is totally unnesassary.

Tavrobel
09-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Because we have nothing better to do.

Goldenboko
09-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Because we have nothing better to do.

Amen to the truth.