PDA

View Full Version : wow, this really sucks!

Jowy
08-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Ever watch a movie so incredibly lame you just leave halfway through the movie or shut it off? The ladyfriend and I went to watch "The Lake House" today and just kind of came to a mutual decision that it'd be best if we didn't know how this idiotic time travel-esque romance film ended. At least we didn't pay for it. ;)

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Solaris. 100 mins of watching George Clooney do nothing in particular.

El Bandito
08-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Elektra...'nuff said.

GooeyToast
08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Bubble Boy

Breine
08-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Me and my friend once rented The Fantastic 4 and Elektra and it turned out that we liked Elektra a lot more than The Fantastic 4, which says a whole lot.

Vyk
08-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Mirrormask :/ Stylistic imagery can't do all the work for a movie. It was pretty. I'll give it that. And boring...

Zeldy
08-14-2006, 01:28 PM
I watched 'Just Like Heaven' and it was so unbelievably awful, it was the queen of chick-flicks.

Not as awful as Narnia though. I almost fell asleep.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-14-2006, 03:03 PM
The Horse Wisperer, Lost in Translation, some films just shouldn't have been made.

Rye
08-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh god, The Lake House was just awful. Painfully bad. I unfortunately paid for it. ;__;

Bunny
08-14-2006, 03:21 PM
I almost walked out of "Jarhead". I decided to stop paying attention instead. Aside from that, I haven't really had the urge to walk out of a movie I go to the theaters to see. I could give a long-winded list of movies that bored me on DVD though.

Well, I couldn't. But if I could the list would be very long.

Madame Adequate
08-14-2006, 03:23 PM
The Horse Wisperer, Lost in Translation, some films just shouldn't have been made.

What.

Moulin Rouge. It's so schizophrenic I got a headache.

Psydekick
08-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Cats and Dogs were pathetic, me and my sister literally watched 20 mins of the DVD;)

Captain Maxx Power
08-14-2006, 08:47 PM
I make a point of not watching films that are universally regarded as rubbish.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-14-2006, 08:52 PM
mr. and mrs. smith wut a waste of money

Dreddz
08-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Lost in Translation, some films just shouldn't have been made.
I find that hard to believe, LOT was amazing.

Ive never walked out from a film, Im at least going to get my moneys worth. Although I was close to walking from Scary Movie 4, same with the other three movies...

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-14-2006, 09:00 PM
I really hated Lost in Translation, I fell asleep I got so bored.

Dreddz
08-14-2006, 09:04 PM

I saw it twice in the cinema :cool:

kikimm
08-14-2006, 09:32 PM
I've never actually left the movie theater before. If I have to pay 10 bucks to get in, I'm watching the whole damn thing even if it's horrible. The only movie that I've wanted to leave during was Sin City. I hated that crap, couldn't wait for it to be over. Everybody else in my family felt the same way, but we stayed. Masochists! :D

Zeldy
08-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Ive never walked out from a film, Im at least going to get my moneys worth. Although I was close to walking from Scary Movie 4, same with the other three movies...

I loved Scary Movie 4 xD

Strider
08-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Tomb Raider and Shrek 2. Except I really couldn't walk out of Shrek 2 because I was at home and it was raining outside and I didn't really want to go outside in the rain.

GooeyToast
08-14-2006, 10:27 PM

You obviously have no attention span. LiT is a masterpiece of modern cinema.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-14-2006, 10:40 PM
I prefer South American films, like Bad Education, and The Motorcycle Diaries, and City of God (one of the best films ever made) I have a very high attention span, no one in my family liked it either, and we never agree.

Hambone
08-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Tron. I watched the first 5 minutes of it and sent it back to Netflix.

Miriel
08-14-2006, 10:53 PM
The Legend of Zorro was a bad bad baaaaad movie. I would have left had it not been for the fact that I got to snuggle with this one guy during the movie.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-15-2006, 10:14 AM
When I first watched Klute I lost interest within the first fifteen minutes. I decided to give it another go when it was played again last month and it was just as worse. Serious waste of my time

DK
08-15-2006, 01:47 PM
I've never left a cinema either, except for one time when we got kicked out for being very bad.

But for turning off, Titanic is god awful. Get it away from my TV.

Owen Macwere
08-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Vanila sky, I watched it from behining to ending and didn't understand a thing. -_-

Vyk
08-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Vanila sky, I watched it from behining to ending and didn't understand a thing. -_-

I wish that were me. I understood it too much. It kinda messed with me. But then I'd been up for like 24+ hours before watching it. Not a good movie to sleep on. Its not happy. And very trippy

Owen Macwere
08-15-2006, 02:36 PM

I wish that were me. I understood it too much. It kinda messed with me. But then I'd been up for like 24+ hours before watching it. Not a good movie to sleep on. Its not happy. And very trippy

Yeah, and damb too. :eep:

Shoeberto
08-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Hmm. Fantastic Four and Boogeyman made me want to leave the theater. I didn't, but still. Awful flicks.

I make a point of not watching films that are universally regarded as rubbish.
Same.

Helios
08-15-2006, 03:29 PM
I walked out of "Serenity", pile of steaming turd I thought.

Madame Adequate
08-15-2006, 03:33 PM

.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*deep breaths*

AAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Oh my, you really are too much. Best joke I've read in ages :D

Mo-Nercy
08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
My friend brought over Shikoku to watch. She said it was a great movie afterwards, I have no idea because I fell asleep about halfway through. From what I saw, it was a horror movie that was all suspense and no horror.

Same thing happened when I rented A Tale of Two Sisters for me and the same friend to watch. This time we both fell asleep. The story was so slow and predictable that when I woke up again to watch the last 2 minutes I was able to explain it all to my friend.

Fonzie
08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Scary Movie 4 sucked. Not only did it mess up when we were watching it, but the first and the second were the best ones :/

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-15-2006, 05:51 PM
My faith in humanity is shattered.

Cz
08-15-2006, 06:33 PM
I've never walked out of a bad film before. I always go to the cinema with friends, and I find that moaning about a bad film afterwards is just as entertaining as raving about a good one. :D

Resha
08-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Never left a cinema. Not even when we got stuck in the cinema watching a Korean movie with no subtitles. (Luckily, it was one of the best movies ever made.)

I'm watching Mean Girls right now on the telly. I might turn it off but I love Lindsay too much.

Raven Nox
08-15-2006, 07:50 PM
The only movie I've actually walked out on was Cabin Fever. I thought it was terrible, but I was somewhat growing out of horror movies at the time anyway. There's some other movies I felt like walking out on, but never did.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-15-2006, 07:53 PM
I've never actually left the movie theater before. If I have to pay 10 bucks to get in, I'm watching the whole damn thing even if it's horrible. The only movie that I've wanted to leave during was Sin City. I hated that crap, couldn't wait for it to be over. Everybody else in my family felt the same way, but we stayed. Masochists! :D

Jess
08-15-2006, 08:43 PM
The last film I stopped watching half way through was Eternal Sunshine. I didn't stop watching because it was bad, though. Me and my boyfriend were tired so we went to bed. I plan on watching that again, soon. :jess:

Other than that, I can't remember the last time I stopped watching a film half way. I'm one of those people who has to watch a film all the way through -- even if it's awful!

BizarroSephiroth
08-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Silent Hill, i got that out of it

along with

The Hulk......ugh The Hulk

Rengori
08-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I fell asleep during <I>Pirates of the Caribean: Dead Man's Chest</I>, does that count?

Fuego
08-15-2006, 11:47 PM
when you get board and goto the blockbuster or whatnot ... they have all those movies that you have a feeling are gonna be crap ... and Wham ! you rent them and they turn out to actually BE crap !
I couldn't possibly list in any form of depth ... but ummm ... wow there are some CRAP movies out there ... the latest ones tried were a western vampire movie (it looked like a horrid spoof of Soaps and horror) and Pinocchio's Revenge ... Hide and Seek could fall in that catagory ... but its crazy how many B-Flicks (or C-D-E-F-Flicks) are coming out !

Dreddz
08-15-2006, 11:49 PM

I loved Scary Movie 4 xD
Then you have no taste in humor :cool:

licence
08-15-2006, 11:53 PM
I came close to walking out of Miami Vice with my friends. It just wasn't a film I enjoyed.

I Am Stoner
08-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Tron. I watched the first 5 minutes of it and sent it back to Netflix.

This post = Win!!!

feona17
08-16-2006, 12:33 AM
There was this movie that Paris Hilton was in, no it wasn't the one with Chad Micheal Murray but another horror film that was obviously done on low budget. It was so lame, that my friends and I were like.. yeah.. smurf this, and shut it off.

oddler
08-16-2006, 12:34 AM
The last film I stopped watching half way through was Eternal Sunshine. I didn't stop watching because it was bad, though. Me and my boyfriend were tired so we went to bed. I plan on watching that again, soon. :jess:

You better. ;)

Arrianna
08-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Lightning Jack Flash.

I walked out along with my date and then was forced to wait for my sister and her date to finish watching it. They thought it was great. That was the last time I went on a double date with her. Not to mention the last time I ever listened to her opinion on whether a movie was good.

Haven't had to walk out since... though I considered it with Hercules.

I make a point of not watching films that are universally regarded as rubbish.Good policy.