PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center

SuperMillionaire
08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Who watched World Trade Center? It's a movie that is based on 9/11. I watched it, and it was a very great movie.

Dreddz
08-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I'd like to watch it when it arrives in the UK :)

Sefie1999AD
08-14-2006, 03:15 PM
It will be released here in about two months. I'll have to see what kind of reviews it will get before I make my decision about whether to watch it or not. However, the movie has some good qualities to make it an enjoyable film: directed by Oliver Stone, some pretty good actors, music by Craig Armstrong, and supposedly there are also some quite thoughtful moments in the movie.

Breine
08-14-2006, 03:39 PM
I like Oliver Stone so I'll probably go see it at some point, although I've heard it's not very Oliver Stone-ish and that it's supposedly very patriotic :eep:

SuperMillionaire
08-14-2006, 04:44 PM
It's been nearly five years since 9/11.

Shiny
08-14-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm not interested in watching it. Movies like this are made to help people remember the tradegy of what happened, but since pretty much everyone remembers there is no point to this movie, except that they know they're going to make money off of it.

Miriel
08-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm not interested in watching it. Movies like this are made to help people remember the tradegy of what happened, but since pretty much everyone remembers there is no point to this movie, except that they know they're going to make money off of it.

The point of this movie is to provide an emotional or inspiring cinematic experience. I don't think the people who made this movie made it as a memorial to 9/11. They made it because they came across a pretty incredible story about two men being rescued from the mess and destruction of the buildings and they decided that this would make a good movie.

Personally, I never even knew about these two men so watching their story play out on screen would be an entirely new thing to me.

kikimm
08-14-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm not interested in seeing any movies about 9/11 at the moment. Especially not this one. From the commercials and trailers I've seen, it looks incredibly hokey. Enough to make me gag. It's unfortunate, cause I do like Nicholas Cage, but oh well.

Mr. Graves
08-14-2006, 11:15 PM
It seems totally uninteresting to me. I've seen the trailer and still shots on IMDB, and they didn't give me enough incentive or interest to see this. (I usually gauge my interest in movies by the trailers and screenshots.)

nik0tine
08-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Most movies are stupid. Patriotic movies just take things too far.

Moon Rabbits
08-15-2006, 01:50 AM
I wish Nicholas Cage actually was at the Trade Center disaster, and died while he was at it.

This movie looks stupid. Even the name is stupid.

nik0tine
08-15-2006, 02:01 AM
I wish Nicholas Cage actually was at the Trade Center disaster, and died while he was at it.Him and the rest of the country. :p

Shiny
08-15-2006, 02:07 AM
The point of this movie is to provide an emotional or inspiring cinematic experience. I don't think the people who made this movie made it as a memorial to 9/11. They made it because they came across a pretty incredible story about two men being rescued from the mess and destruction of the buildings and they decided that this would make a good movie.

They made it, because it's incredibly easy to make a movie off of something so tragic. It makes for an easily written storyline, since the storyline is already there. People have done it before and they will do it again, because they know some people will be interested in seeing it. I've seen a documentary on 9/11 by this independent film maker that showed him actually filimg 9/11 while it was happening. And he was inside the building with the fire fighters. I thought that was truely incredible.

Sylvie
08-15-2006, 02:13 AM
I hate movies like this. One, they keep me away from airplanes for a long time. Two, its just stupid. It scares me, just imagining what the people on that plane must of felt. :(

feona17
08-15-2006, 03:02 AM
I've seen enough of the real thing, and trust me I didn't like it. I don't necessarily feel like seeing a dramatization.