PDA

View Full Version : did I miss something?

ffxatticus
08-14-2006, 05:33 PM
so I've gotten by the whole game with only 1 player having str a/d-j. And now that I need it more, I dunno where to get it, cuz none of my gfs can learn it, except for the one that has. I'm at lunatic now, around the end of disc 3, and I'm too lazy to do side quests, except bahamut, but I know he'll kick my @ss. anyone know what I can do or have suggestions on how to get bahamut or another gf with st a/d-j?

licence
08-14-2006, 05:42 PM
I got through the game fine with only one chararcter with status a/d junction. Maybe try and get the GF Doomtrain, I think he has those abilities learnt.

ffxatticus
08-14-2006, 05:52 PM
I get killed my marboros too easily. I dunno...I'll try again to get doomtrain, but it's a PITA.

I don't think I ever upgrade my weapons though. Where is the best place to upgrade and where may I get all the items I need to upgrade?

loinharte
08-14-2006, 06:34 PM
I get killed my marboros too easily. I dunno...I'll try again to get doomtrain, but it's a PITA.

I don't think I ever upgrade my weapons though. Where is the best place to upgrade and where may I get all the items I need to upgrade?

first what level are you
second doomtrain has it, i think bahamut has it, and eden but youd get pwned by ultima weapon

ffxatticus
08-14-2006, 07:21 PM
I think my top 3 are 42, 30, and 25

I don't have any of those gfs, I haven't tried to go against bahamut, I think he'll pwn me. Whats the easiest way to get doomtrain?

runawaydoomtrain
08-14-2006, 07:55 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8/walkthru4.php

follow this tutorial and go down to where it says CC card quest or something then follow where it'll talk about the Queen of Cards. Don't worry. You don't have to fight. Just read this whole page and you'll figure it out.

rubah
08-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Cerberus has it, but you'll have to wait for disc four.

You need Alexander to get Doomtrain, so you can use Med Level Up, unless you want to get the items to teach that to another GF :p

*~Angel Wing~*
08-14-2006, 09:43 PM
I played up to Adel until I finally figured out how to junction magic to stats. :D :rolleyes2

ffxatticus
08-15-2006, 12:10 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8/walkthru4.php

follow this tutorial and go down to where it says CC card quest or something then follow where it'll talk about the Queen of Cards. Don't worry. You don't have to fight. Just read this whole page and you'll figure it out.

I'm using that tutorial (still at the end of disc 3).

"Hit the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell to stock up on spells and to make sure that the rest of your party is at least level with Squall, if not higher that him, since you're going to need them all soon."
:( some of my characters are under 20:(. And I'm not good enough for those monsters, they kick my @ss everytime.
Also, on disc 4 do I have to fight all those bosses. ex. OMEGA WEAPON:confused:

Cerberus has it, but you'll have to wait for disc four.

You need Alexander to get Doomtrain, so you can use Med Level Up, unless you want to get the items to teach that to another GF
I'm already teaching it to cerberus.

Comet
What do you mean 'cerberus has it you have to wait till disc 4?' you can get him in disc 2.

ffxatticus
I played up to Adel until I finally figured out how to junction magic to stats. :D :rolleyes2

gf spamming?

ffxatticus
08-15-2006, 12:11 AM
What do you mean 'cerberus has it you have to wait till disc 4?' you can get him in disc 2.

he means if I didn't already have it, because I am on 3 I'd have to wait til 4 during all the final bosses

ffxatticus
08-16-2006, 06:34 PM
thank you wendigo, is it adel you are talking about or do I have to fight edea again in the past?

loinharte
08-16-2006, 07:45 PM
you fight ultimecia in the time compression at the end of disc four, but your not ready yet get to at least level 70 or above and fight bahamut and haveing lionheart helps

ffxatticus
08-16-2006, 08:08 PM
thanks...I got 2 of my characters to 100 yesterday and I got all the best weapons. I'm getting bahamut in a few minutes too

licence
08-16-2006, 11:37 PM
you fight ultimecia in the time compression at the end of disc four, but your not ready yet get to at least level 70 or above and fight bahamut and haveing lionheart helps

Leveling doesn't help necessarily.

Junctioning properly before Ulti does. I went most of the battle with my weaker fighters (level 12 - 16)until near the end when finally my strongest were together.