PDA

View Full Version : Which old FF game should i get?

Master Vivi
08-14-2006, 07:22 PM
im thinking like the old 2d ones from the game boy.. which lowest # game is the best?

boys from the dwarf
08-14-2006, 07:26 PM
FF6 is probably the best for the 2D ones but you should try and get them all at one point. dawn of souls for GBA is good but i liked FF6 more. FFV is also a favourite of mine but just get them all at some point. i guess you could buy them depending on how good you are at FF and RPG's. FF6 can be a little tough on figuring out what to do next and is among the hardest FF's but at least its not completely easy. the FF1 GBA version is easy but FF2 can be quite challenging. FFV is straight forward and a moderate challenge so if your new to FF and havent played that many id reccomend FF5. which FF's have you played?

Lich3636
08-14-2006, 08:20 PM
if you have the option the FF 1 for nintendo is imo still one of the best FF to date. the gba version is just to easy. a good buy for the gba would be FF IV

Master Vivi
08-16-2006, 01:55 AM
anyone else? =/`

Zeromus_X
08-16-2006, 02:08 AM
If you have a DS, save money for Final Fantasy III DS when it comes out next month. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Otherwise, FFDoS and FFIV, V, and VI Advance are great choices, but the latter two won't be out for some time now.

Vyk
08-16-2006, 03:41 AM
Old ones from the GameBoy? You mean like FF Adventure and FF Legend?

Zeromus_X
08-16-2006, 03:45 AM
I think he's talking about the Advance remakes.

The 'FF Legend' series was really the first three games in the 'SaGa' series.

Ryth
08-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Final Fantasy VI would be a good start, and Final Fantasy IV would also be a good choice.

boys from the dwarf
08-16-2006, 10:06 AM
FF5 is easier than FFIV and FFVI in my opinion so it really depends on what sort of FF fan master vivi is.

here are my opinions on difficulty for them.

FF1: medium difficulty on snes but im not sure about the PS1 version. PS1 versoin is probably still slightly hard. GBA version is absolutely easy.

FF2: pretty tough no matter which version. you wont get stuck very often but the dungeons are very difficult. usually the bosses at the end of the dungeon are the hard part but this time its the other way around. its hard to survive long enough to reach the boss let alone beat it. its has the hardest dungeons on any FF game if you ask me. its not the battles. its the fact that they are big and complicated and you often run out of items. id say its slightly easier than FF4.

FF4: a worthy challenge. hardest or second hardest of the old ones. the bosses are perfect, not easy but not insanely easy. they often require a strategy but nothing that should take more than 3 or 4 tries. the random encounters are harder than any FF game in my opinion. you cant let yur gaurd down just because they are normal enemies. youll often be KO.ed or damaged a lot in random encounters compared to other FFs which makes things more fun because the battles arent boring and require some strategy.

FF5: good for people new to FF. it has a rather gripping storyline that makes me want to play on until the end and it has a great job system. most of the time the bosses are quite easy but there are hard bosses.

FF6: possibly the best old FF. its also possibly the hardest. its tricky to find out where to go next and some of the dungeons are hard and the bosses are always a challenge but thats what makes this game so great. it has a huge cast of 13 characters and a very interesting way of switching scenes (by that i mean , there is no obvious main character and in one part of the game you may be playing as 3 characters then the next part your playing as 4 totally different chracters.) its well worth getting but its a pretty tough game.

Vyk
08-16-2006, 10:16 AM
I think he's talking about the Advance remakes.

The 'FF Legend' series was really the first three games in the 'SaGa' series.

I know. Legend and Adventure were Saga and Mana :] But he didn't say GameBoy "Advance". So I figured I'd ask to clarify.

If we are talking about GBA remakes, the only one I've played is Dawn of Souls (FF1/FF2). And I haven't played FF2 on that yet. Though for FF1 I seriously don't recommend it. Personal taste really. It lost the charm and feel of the original in my opinion. If you want FF4-6 I would personally suggest the PS versions and get some nice CG out of it and bigger screen. But again, that's personal taste.

FF3 however is probably hands down the best idea for getting a remake in the near future

Slade
08-16-2006, 11:02 AM
I would play FFV.....that game is pure love :love:

Sefie1999AD
08-16-2006, 02:24 PM
How much challenge do you want?

FFI: Quite hard on NES, more user-friendly but even harder on WSC and PSX and easy on GBA. It's a good game and has a lot of FF elements.

FFII: It's quite tough because the leveling-up is such a slow chore. The GBA version speeds things up a lot, but it's still challenging.

FFIII: A pretty good game with the job/ability system. It can get tough at times, but it's not that bad if you level up enough.

FFIV: The Japanese Hard Type for SNES is very hard, the hardest FF for me. The PSX version is like that, except it has horrible loading times. The American SNES version ("FF2") and the GBA version are easier, but they're still challenging.

FFV: The second hardest FF for me. This one has the Job/Ability system, and proper jobs and abilities help more than leveling up. The enemies and bosses are tough. Again, the PSX version does quite badly with the loading times.

FFVI: One of the easiest FFs, even though the random encounter rate is so big at times that you'll want to slam the game against the wall. This is the first FF where you can overpower your characters so that you can kill about everything, including the final boss, with one hit. The PSX version has bad loading times once again.

I'd suggest you played FFI or FFIV, maybe the GBA versions. You may also want to try out FFIII DS, which will be released quite soon.

Dreddz
08-16-2006, 04:00 PM
FFIV, V, VI are all great games, very cheap too. If I was at gun point, I'd pick V.