PDA

View Full Version : Empress Band help

coll
08-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok I have just arrived in Jeuno for he first time, and as I was wondering past a guard near the top Auction he tells me about conquest points (which I never knew existed) so I had about 8000 and bought a Empress bannd and a Scroll of instant warp.
My linkshell tried explaining to me about the empress band but it was hard as there was like 10 people telling me different things all at once, can someone just explain how it works in one go so I understand.

Also the instant warp that I got, does it warp me back to Jeuno or to a teleport point?

Miriel
08-14-2006, 08:04 PM
The empress band gives you +50% experience points for a time span of 180 minutes or until you hit the maximum bonus of 1,000 exp. Whichever comes first.

So basically, once you activate your empress band, you'll get 300 exp for fighting a monster instead of 200. Or 175 instead of 100. This is will continue until the timer runs out after 3 hours or until you gain a maximum of 1k bonus experience points.

All you really need to know is that the empress band helps you level faster and that after you use up all 7 charges, you can recharge it by trading it back to a gate guard.

The scroll of instant warp will take you back to your homepoint, whereever that may be.

PS. You really should have learned about conquest points before having reached Jeuno. Do you know about signet? Signet is imortant since it helps you earn CP and also helps you nation get in the lead. Be sure to have it cast whenever you go out fighting.

Misfit
08-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Alright, Empress Bands:
Experience point bonus: +50%
Maximum duration: 180 min.
Maximum bonus: 1000

Basically what it does is when you are in a party, or want to solo-level whatever, using an Empress Band will increase the maximum exp you get from a mob by 50%. It's really nice! It has 7 charges, but all you have to do to refill the charges is trade it to a gate guard and they will refill it for you in exchange for some CP (conquest points).

And a scroll of instant warp will just warp you to wherever you have your Homepoint set to, so if you are in Jeuno and your HP is in Windurst... You will return back to Windurst. ^^

coll
08-14-2006, 08:38 PM
I know about signet, I always get one evrytime I go pass a guard that does it. I'm not sure why I don't know about conquest points, I must have missed that, although i'm not level 20 yet, i'm 18RDM 9WHM. Is it something you find out when you reach level 20?

Miriel
08-14-2006, 08:58 PM
No, conquest points are there right from the beginning. When you talk to the guard a menu pops up that says "Will you cast Signet on me?" and right under that it says "I want to spend my conquest points." I dunno how you could have missed it. :o

coll
08-14-2006, 10:45 PM
All I have used the guards for is casting a signet on me, I only saw the conquest points option from the guard in Jeuno.

ScottNUMBERS
08-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Guards that give you Signet and let you spend Conquest points are located in Towns (just before the exit usually) other guards such as Outpost guards that are outside of town do not let you spend your Conquest Points. All guards have a title before their name (T.K for San d'Orians W.W for Windurstians I.M for Bastokians) this symbolises which country they stand for, you can only recieve Signet and spend Conquest Points with a guard from your nation. The guards in Jeuno however, which are located at Lower, Upper and Port Jeuno exits, support any nation. Also, if you are in a different town than your own nation and want Signet you can pay a visit to a consulate, there you can get Signet, spend Conquest Points, recharge Empress Band etc.

No.78
08-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Just incase you're curious, Chariot Bands are like empress bands but worse.

There I covered that.

coll
08-15-2006, 08:16 PM
ok thanks for the help.

Fuego
08-17-2006, 04:43 AM
Can you trade the band to the NPC at the gate even if you had more charges on the empress band ? like say i didn't want to wait for it to recharge ... could i do that to skip the wait ... at the expence of CP of course (?)
I never tried it before ... so i have no clue :D

Del Murder
08-17-2006, 04:56 AM
It charges you 100 CP per charge, so if you used only 5 charges it would charge only 500 CP. Be warned, though, you can only charge it once per conquest upate (once a week).