PDA

View Full Version : Some News From Me

runawaydoomtrain
08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Here's what's going on with me in my latest Final Fantasy VIII quest:

At one point, up through disk 4, I've had near 700 cards. I go to the card option in the menu and it says like 424 monster cards, 156 boss cards, 19 GF and like 8 player or something close to that. What's the most you've had at one point?

I'm in disk 4, and I still don't have lionheart. I'm trying to get it now, but when I have Rare Item equipped with Zell, I can't seem to ever get any items from any monsters. I'm currently trying to get the 100 curse spikes right now.

In the beginning of disk 3, at the Laguna scene, Ward was not there at all. I don't know if it was my disk, but Ward was totally omitted from the scene. It was just Kiros and Laguna in it, and that was all.

Right now, I'm leveling Quistis up (up till now I've had Rinoa, Zell and Squall in my party) for an eventual showdown between us 3 and Omega Weapon. My plan is this. Everyone level 100. Everyone have death under Status Defense. Squall has HP+80%, Str+60%, Auto Potion and Auto Haste. Zell has Str+60%, HP+80%, Auto Potion and something else I haven't decided. Then Quistis I have no idea what to give her yet. When battle starts:

1) Quistis puts Mighty Guard on us.
2) Zell and Squall put Auras on themselves
3) Quistis summons Doomtrain, causing Omega to lose his Vitality and other curses on him.
4) Zell and Squall pummel Omega Weapon. Zell can do over 100k of damage doing the 2 smallest combos in his limit break. Squall can do at least 50k of damage with a Renzokuken and then 150k if he gets a lionheart. It should take like 3 or 4 rounds from the both of us to get him down. Any other suggestions on if this is a good idea?

farplaner
08-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Well, I'm happy that you managed to amass so many cards, but you do realize that you those can be refined into very useful items? I try to have as few cards in my hand as possible (excluding GF and character cards).

I assume you're going for curse spikes in order to end up with an Ability x 4...ability. Well, it's not necessary to that. You only need two rosetta stones (as you no doubt know). One can be obtained from one of the card players at the military prison. I've this can take a crapload of games, but on my last playthrough I got the rosetta stone after only seven or eight games. Another rosetta stone can be obtained at the Esthar store: just keep entering and re-entering Cheryls' store, and you'll eventually get a free gift- your very own rosetta stone!

There are a few cases where Ward is not with Laguna and Kiros, so no worries.

I don't feel like going into Omega strategy, but I ended up "cheating" with the Holy War item. Despite what many have told me, and despite 255 stats. across the board, I was annihilated by Terra Break everytime...

FTF
08-15-2006, 09:08 AM
...I was annihilated by Terra Break everytime...

Defend works, if you ever want to try without using a Holy War. Good job beating him at all though, he's tough.

Oh, and there's at least one GF that comes with Ability x 4... Bahamut IIRC, and there's another one you can pick up in Ultimecia's Castle. :p

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Ė donīt think i ever had those many cards before...but farplaner is right you should refine them and this way you could spend less time trying to gather around items.
Now as far as Omega Weapon is concern it personally wonīt make that much of a difference if you have Quistis or even Squall in your party.

The key factor is speed have Zell at minimum hp use another character to cast aura on him and use the other character to give him a Holy this will make have a lot of time while performing the Armaggedon Fist. Just repeat this a few times and Omega will die with it having time to even use Terra Break.

You could also have Irvine use Pulse Ammo on it but i donīt think itīs worth the bother also.

farplaner
08-16-2006, 07:20 PM
...I was annihilated by Terra Break everytime...

Defend works, if you ever want to try without using a Holy War. Good job beating him at all though, he's tough.

Oh, and there's at least one GF that comes with Ability x 4... Bahamut IIRC, and there's another one you can pick up in Ultimecia's Castle. :p

I swear! I ignore the simplest things: Defend! I'll try that next time...
While I thank you for your praise, the holy war pretty much takes all of the challenge out of the fight. So it doesn't seem to me like much of an accomplishment.

PerpetualBurn
08-17-2006, 01:42 AM
I loved Holy Wars. I really don't enjoy the fighting in RPGs very much, I just really really like the plots.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-17-2006, 11:11 PM
As of recent games I avoid picking up cards that require a certain amount before you can refine them. Come the time of the random rule it saves me hassle. I pretty much refine cards when I get them so I'd only have about three to four pages