PDA

View Full Version : Elnoyle?

runawaydoomtrain
08-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Ok this is weird. I scanned an Elnoyle and it had 56k HPs left. Then I used Squall's limit break twice, each one perfect with over 40k of damage easily on both of them. Then the Elnoyle was still alive and it went to the victory music and gave me 18 AP but no items found. WTF is up with that?

Nominus Experse
08-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Whenever I killed an Elnoyle in the traditional method (Not using Blue Magic, ie: Degenerator) it stayed "alive" at the end of the battle. It's registered as defeated, yet the enemy model simply continues to float there. No idea why, and it caused me to wonder, but I guess I am not alone in this strange occurrence.

As for that of not recieving any items, try junctioning the Rare Items ability to one of your characters. Another thing that I have found to be odd is that if my characters use Mug on certain enemies, the enemy will not drop items. I noticed this to be true with Adamantiose, and it seemed to hold true with Elnoyle also.

I have no idea if what I mentioned there above is in fact true, but I definately seemed to be experiencing a pattern in how things were Mugged and then didn't drop those particular items.

u2girl1966
08-16-2006, 12:41 PM
The mug/not dropping things I find happens to almost any monster you fight.

FTF
08-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Another thing that I have found to be odd is that if my characters use Mug on certain enemies, the enemy will not drop items. I noticed this to be true with Adamantiose, and it seemed to hold true with Elnoyle also.

I have no idea if what I mentioned there above is in fact true, but I definately seemed to be experiencing a pattern in how things were Mugged and then didn't drop those particular items.

I can't really help you with the elnoyle thing... I can't remember if I've ever had that happen. The mugging thing is true though... if you mug something, it won't drop anything (well, it's true for normal monsters, not sure about bosses).

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-19-2006, 09:04 PM
?
You killed him, but he was still alive, and then you won?

WTF is up with that?

The Black Fan
08-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah that's true. I only had the opportunity once 'cause now, I forgot where to find one

farplaner
08-22-2006, 06:08 AM
Yeah that's true. I only had the opportunity once 'cause now, I forgot where to find one

There's a spot in Esthar where you can encounter Elnoyle as many times as you want. You have to go up to a "possessed" Esthar soldier wearing black during...one of those events (little help, someone?). This is a very useful "secret" for getting plenty of energy crystals when elnoyle is at high levels- equipping rare item helps, also.

G SpOtZ
08-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Let's see FE make an outrageous theory about this one.

"Elnoyles stay alive because they'll be the invading, overpopulated, dominating species in the future. Winhill/Sam's Hill will be the base of the species."

*dies*

Seriously though... It's just a glitch. Never happened to me, I don't think. As for mugging, that's just how it is. You're supposed to get one or the other, not both items.