PDA

View Full Version : Boosting GF's?

Jobee
08-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Ha this is probably such a noob question but how exactly do you boost GF's? Is it just pressing different buttons while their summoning or is there a special combination? Or have I just got it all wrong lol

Someone please explain lol

Ha, I'm such a plank :p

rubah
08-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Hold down select, then when the hand isn't covered with a red X, push square as fast as you can.

runawaydoomtrain
08-14-2006, 09:59 PM
I've never figured out what's the point of boosting Doomtrain because all he does is inflict a bunch of spells onto the opponent.

Auragaea
08-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Doomtrain damages as well as cause status ailments.

runawaydoomtrain
08-14-2006, 10:12 PM
it does like 1k of damage. so whats the point of even having him learn summon magic +10, 20, 30 and 40 and boosting him to 200 or so?

Xurts
08-14-2006, 10:18 PM
it does like 1k of damage. so whats the point of even having him learn summon magic +10, 20, 30 and 40 and boosting him to 200 or so?
If I Boost Doomtrain he will do 9999 easily, but I don't usually bother with that and instead let my Limits deal out the damage.

runawaydoomtrain
08-14-2006, 10:20 PM
how high do you boost him? i get him to about 200-205 and have all the summon magics learned for him and he does only like 1k-2k. sometimes nothing at all if its a ruby dragon or elnoyle. you must be casting doomtrain on the easy guys like grendels or imps or toramas or stuff like that.

Xurts
08-14-2006, 10:24 PM
how high do you boost him? i get him to about 200-205 and have all the summon magics learned for him and he does only like 1k-2k. sometimes nothing at all if its a ruby dragon or elnoyle. you must be casting doomtrain on the easy guys like grendels or imps or toramas or stuff like that.
The highest I've gotten him is 201. The damage he does varies a lot. Sometimes he will heal, other times he will only do a couple thousand, and other times he will do 0. The damage doesn't really matter though. I just want that Vitality 0 status.

runawaydoomtrain
08-14-2006, 10:27 PM
there. i just boosted him to 197 to the torama and imp and the imp got like 1.5k of damage and the torama got about 2.2k.

yea true. thats awesome. do you know if its worth it to summon doomtrain on omega weapon? because i want it to give him a real lot of bad spells. will it work on him properly?

Xurts
08-14-2006, 10:31 PM
That's why I don't Boost GFs. I only use it on Eden, and I use that very rarely because its summon sequence takes so damn long.

Ak, I don't remember. I know I used it on him when I fought him though. Sorry. :( I'm sure that the damage you will do to him with Vit 0 will make up for any HP than he gains if Doomtrain heals him.

runawaydoomtrain
08-14-2006, 10:36 PM
i used to never summon GF either. i mean, the first few times i played it, but starting the last time i played it all the way through i summoned all the GF's in the game to see what the videos were like and how much damage each one did. but i like doomtrain. bahamut is also freaking awesome to watch. but not very useful because all you have to do is give squall an aura stone (i dont use aura magic because its junctioned on magic stats) and fire away at the monster or boss.

Xurts
08-14-2006, 10:40 PM
i used to never summon GF either. i mean, the first few times i played it, but starting the last time i played it all the way through i summoned all the GF's in the game to see what the videos were like and how much damage each one did. but i like doomtrain. bahamut is also freaking awesome to watch. but not very useful because all you have to do is give squall an aura stone (i dont use aura magic because its junctioned on magic stats) and fire away at the monster or boss.
Yeah, that's what I do too.

I use Aura magic though, mainly because I can cast it three times in one turn and only use 1 spell. For the harder battles I can't be waisting time giving everyone Aura Stones. It does depleat my magic stock and Luck, but Aura is easily refined so it isn't a big deal.

It's too bad there isn't a support GF like Carbuncle that casts Aura on your entire party instead of Reflect. Oh well.

runawaydoomtrain
08-14-2006, 11:26 PM
that'd be freaking awesome. because reflect doesnt work against ultima and omega. not that i had any trouble beating ultima. i cast meltdown on him, aura on squall and chip away at him without a lionheart. in fact, if i remember right, i drew a few ultimas from him lol

rubah
08-15-2006, 12:07 AM
What level is your Doomtrain? That plays a part into how much damage it'll do.

runawaydoomtrain
08-15-2006, 01:41 AM
i think its in the 60's. i'm in disk 4 and im trying to get the freaking fangs for the lionheart but im this close to moving on...

MeKeKe
08-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Ok so how do you know how high you boost the GF's? You say like you got it to 200. Does it say it somewhere? And how do you do it on PS2? You hold select and hit square?

G SpOtZ
08-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Yep, select + square (but only when there's no red X over the number)

The number and glove/finger is on the bottom right.

farplaner
08-21-2006, 04:21 AM
there. i just boosted him to 197 to the torama and imp and the imp got like 1.5k of damage and the torama got about 2.2k.

yea true. thats awesome. do you know if its worth it to summon doomtrain on omega weapon? because i want it to give him a real lot of bad spells. will it work on him properly?

You can hit any enemy in the game with meltdown, but that's the only one you will put on Omega; he's immune to everything else. It would be quicker to just throw a meltdown spell at him.

runawaydoomtrain
08-21-2006, 07:00 AM
man, i remember i boosted doomtrain up to like 195 or something then that damn X came over the cursor and resetted ALL THE WAY to 75. was kinda dissapointed after that lol

Xurts
08-22-2006, 04:21 AM

You can hit any enemy in the game with meltdown, but that's the only one you will put on Omega; he's immune to everything else. It would be quicker to just throw a meltdown spell at him.
Not when you have max GF Affiliation with him. He'll be summoned in around 2 seconds. I prefer Doomtrain because that doesn't decrease your magic stock, plus it does tons of other ailments.

farplaner
08-22-2006, 05:55 AM

Not when you have max GF Affiliation with him. He'll be summoned in around 2 seconds. I prefer Doomtrain because that doesn't decrease your magic stock, plus it does tons of other ailments.

True, with 1000 comp. it will be just as quick to summon, but you still have to sit through the animation, and since we're talking about Omega, all of those other stat. effects are irrelevant. Since meltdown never misses, you'll only deplete your stock by a single spell, and an overstock of meltdowns is easy to maintain through card mod and stealing.

Xurts
08-22-2006, 08:17 PM

True, with 1000 comp. it will be just as quick to summon, but you still have to sit through the animation, and since we're talking about Omega, all of those other stat. effects are irrelevant. Since meltdown never misses, you'll only deplete your stock by a single spell, and an overstock of meltdowns is easy to maintain through card mod and stealing.

I couldn't care less about the summon sequence. At least it isn't as long as Eden's.

farplaner
08-23-2006, 01:38 AM
I couldn't care less about the summon sequence. At least it isn't as long as Eden's.

Are you intentionally missing the point?