PDA

View Full Version : Songs that Make you...

Goldenboko
08-15-2006, 03:51 AM
I'm currently listenning to Best I've Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning) (I'm listening to the one on Covering the Bases I forget who original made it)

And it makes me really nostalgic and sad for a very close friend,
I was wondering does anyone else feel like this with certain songs?

kikimm
08-15-2006, 04:58 AM
Threads about music go in the lounge. :D

Whenever I listen to Limp Bizkit I get nostalgic xD Different times. And whenever I hear An Evening With El Diablo, from Chevelle, too. That one makes me sad nostalgic. But it's still a kickass song. Perhaps moreso now.

Goldenboko
08-15-2006, 04:59 AM
I know Chevelle... I never listenned to An Evening With El Diablo though, but I have it so I think I'll go listen to it.

I Took the Red Pill
08-15-2006, 05:17 AM
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden gets me sad nostalgic.

Moon Rabbits
08-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Fast Car by Tracy Chapman makes me feel a sad sort of nostalgic. It was the song my mom used to play when we had to roll all the pennies in the hutch so we could afford milk. The song has a special place in my heart now, though, since even though what we were doing was rather depressing, the entire family was there (and laughing, too!)

riku brave
08-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Only God Knows Why-Kid Rock

Hey-The Movielife

Hello and Goodbye-The Ataris

all make me sad or nostalgic

also Cemetery Drive by My Chemical Romance because I miss someone very much

Nominus Experse
08-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Absurd - by Fluke
Soylent Green - by :Wumpscut:

Both take me back to ages past and feelings lost

Xander
08-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Run by Snow Patrol makes me a little nostalgic/sad but then I think Snow Patrol are generally a depressing band anyway (except How to be Dead which I love). That "Chasing Cars" song depresses me and I don't even know why!! There's probably more but can't think right now.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Konstantine by Something Corporate.

Kossage
08-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Diana Ross's song "If We Hold on Together" always makes me kind of sad and nostalgic, and another song that makes me feel the same is Bryan Adams's "Sound the Bugle".

Mythra
08-16-2006, 09:36 PM
High Hopes by Pink Floyd gets me in that way. The chorus just reminds me of a few days in particular last year. I like songs like that though, ones that have a special meaning to you, it just makes them that much greater than they already are for it.

Odaisé Gaelach
08-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Xpander Edit, by Sasha.

I've been listening to it fairly consistently over the past three or four years, so it's timeless for me.

Social Moon Firesky
08-17-2006, 03:31 AM
- 'Scarlet's Walk' by Tori Amos. ((Reminds me of friends I don't see much nowadays))
- 'Precious' by Depeche Mode. ((Very personal))
- 'Hopeless' by Train. ((Again, very personal))

Tasura
08-17-2006, 03:34 AM
Aozora from Air just makes me sad, and most NIN songs bring my back to the old days and waht not.

Social Moon Firesky
08-17-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm currently listenning to Best I've Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning) (I'm listening to the one on Covering the Bases I forget who original made it)

I think it was Vertical Horizon. I know they definitely sang it on one of their previous albums.

Shine On...
08-18-2006, 01:32 AM
The whole 'Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon' gets me all nostalgic... It reminds me of a summer I was in Toronto with my cousin, that was a great summer...

Sunny Day Suicide
08-18-2006, 01:44 AM
"Welcome To The Jungle" by GNR makes me