PDA

View Full Version : Battle arena toshinden

Xalibar
08-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Pretty old series, and not many seemed to like it. But did anyone know that there was a fourth game released only in PAL area? I just found out. Don't see a copy on amazon or ebay though.

Sylvie
08-15-2006, 05:34 PM
This game is the worst fighting game that I have ever played, and it needs to die.

Tasura
08-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Haha, wow, I just played this game boy game the otehr day, yea I kind of agree with Genji on this though, since the Game Boy game took me less then 10 minutes to go through it.

Xalibar
08-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Heh heh, yeah, this game is one of those ones where you either like it or don't. No real middle ground there. I kinda like it though. I just recently found out that there was a fourth one released 6 years ago in PAL region only, and i kinda wanted it.

Never played the game boy version but i assume it was pretty bad considering the technology at the time and downsizing it.

Cloudstrife4003
08-15-2006, 07:37 PM
It was pretty fun and good-I liked the cheats in it..

Sylvie
08-15-2006, 07:41 PM
I used to play this game all the time mindlessly when I was 5 years old. But now its pretty terrible.

Rostum
08-16-2006, 03:13 AM
I had a lot of fun when it first came to Australia. My friend had just got a PSX right after its release and we used to have our own competitions on it. Good memories!

Meat Puppet
08-16-2006, 03:15 AM
I think this was the first or second game I owned on playstation. Good fun. Fo was my favorite character. The game got broken and eventually lost, though.

Madame Adequate
08-16-2006, 04:25 AM
I really liked BAT. Don't know about anymore, though.

Markus. D
08-16-2006, 07:43 AM
I liked the extra content in 5.

oh, and the story mode was alright n_n.

Vyk
08-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I adored the first one. It was one of the first games I got for my Saturn. Though I was told it was better on Playstation. I was also lead to believe that the second one blew the first away. So I bought the third one for the Playstation. And I don't know what the hell happened. That game is complete junk. Its horrible looking, even compared to the original. And cage matches? Its a 3D game. That seems like an excuse to not render any backgrounds and stuff. TONS of duplicate characters. It was just a retarded cash in on a franchise that wasn't really gobbled up to begin with. It earned modest respect with the second edition, but everyone always chose Virtua Fighter and Tekken over it. Whoever made the third one should be shot though. I hope it recovered in the fourth and fifth versions.

Mo-Nercy
08-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Battle Arena Toshinden III was the first PlayStation game I had ever played. I loved it to bits. Sho was awesome :D

It was my first experience of 3D and I can't deny it's nostalgic value.

Sylvie
08-17-2006, 07:16 AM
I remember my favorite character was Duke. It is good memories. Fighting Sophia in that cool arena. Bad game, but I liked it when I was little.

Markus. D
08-17-2006, 12:02 PM
my faveorite characters were Eos, Miyabi, Lancelot and... the goody two shoes badass girl with that heart bow thing.

it had pretty super attacks :]

my faveorite minigame was that one where they put you in space or something.

that mini-game had such awesome bosses! I really feel like playing it again x_x!

Sylvie
08-17-2006, 02:01 PM
I never played that one, because I have no idea what you're talking about xD

I played the first one when it came out though. That had:

1 Player
2 Player
Options

So many choices! D:

Xalibar
08-19-2006, 08:36 PM
was there a fifth one? I though there was only four