PDA

View Full Version : 99x Dark Matter

4evarisha
08-15-2006, 11:08 PM
My Tidus attack is 250 and I can't get brak damage limit andI wonder how to ge 99x Dark Matter???

Medi
08-15-2006, 11:09 PM
1. Capture 5 of every fiend in the game to get 99

2. Is a rare drop of the monster creations at the Monster Arena. Overkill to get 2

3. Bribe the Land Worm inside Sin for 1,600,000 gil to get 2 (NOT a good deal)

Also, you only need 60 to get Break Damage Limit. I hope that helps :)

Tavrobel
08-15-2006, 11:39 PM
1. Capture 5 of every fiend in the game to get 99
2. Is a rare drop of the monster creations at the Monster Arena. Overkill to get 2
3. Bribe the Land Worm inside Sin for 1,600,000 gil to get 2 (NOT a good deal)
Also, you only need 60 to get Break Damage Limit. I hope that helps :)

1. This is the equivalent of unlocking Ultima Buster. Let's assume she's already done this, and call it not an option.
2. There is a chance for the drop to be a Dark Matter.

EDIT: Checked my notes, it's 12.5% for Area/Species, 25% for Originals.

3. Land worms are only found inside of the Tower of the Dead, which is not an option, as it is found in an area without a Save Sphere.

In the Int./PAL versions, you can get a large number of them quickly by defeating Dark Yojimbo forms, and running. Supposedly.

Getting the Ultimate Weapons is more feasible.

FTF
08-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Quick correction Tav, it's a 12.5% drop. The best monster(s) to fight are either Sleep Sprout or Vidatu... but neither are really worth fighting if you don't already BDL.

"Getting the Ultimate Weapons is more feasible."

^^ Listen to the man, he know what he's talking about.

4evarisha
08-16-2006, 08:44 AM
I guest I will capture better:)

Shin Gouken
08-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I just finished getting dark matters myself... i fought monsters until i had 60 for break damage limit (so my three main party can all break damage now) and a further 99 from capturing five of everything to add ribbon to aurons armour.... was worth the effort

4evarisha
08-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Cool I am ready to hunt some fiends:)

Helios
08-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Arguably it is not worth working so long and hard for 99 dark matters to get ribbon, some of the dark aeons drop equipment with ribbon and auto-haste etc. Of course, as said by medigodoom you will get 99 for capturing 5 of each creature, so yeh....

ScottNUMBERS
08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
I read somewhere that the Dark Matter drop rate is 25% but I'm convinced that it's 12.5%, that figure is more correct according to my drop rates. Also, Dark Matters for Break Damage Limit is an utter waste of them, get the Ultimate Weapons and save the Dark Matters for Ribbon. Anyway...to get Dark Matters I fight Sleep Spouts if you can defeat them they are very useful to fight because;

1, They drop Teleport Spheres, which can be used to raise stats very effectively.
2, You can take them down in one hit, out of all the monsters in the Arena this is the quickest to kill for Dark Matters.
3, It Drops equipment that you can sell for lots of gil, if you keep defeating it until all your money has gone, sell all the equipment it dropped and you will find that you now have more than double the amount you had before you started fighting it.
4, It gives a decent amount of SP (Not the best reason to fight it but nonetheless this shouldn't be over looked)
5, And of course they drop Dark Matters just as well as anything else.

Sleep Sprout have 95000HP so if you get Aurons Ultimate weapon, Face Sleep Sprout, then die then face it again without going to the Save point you should be able to defeat it in one fell swoop (If not raise Aurons Strength then try this again).

Tavrobel
08-16-2006, 02:29 PM
I read somewhere that the Dark Matter drop rate is 25% but I'm convinced that it's 12.5%, that figure is more correct according to my drop rates.

Woot, someone has been following my statistics notes over the last six months.

ScottNUMBERS
08-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah, that's right...statistics notes...yeah. :shifty:

Helios
08-18-2006, 01:14 PM
off topic: has anyone got a tonberry moving avatar? I'd like it for one of my msn things.

on topic:I thougth that one-eye was the easiest to beat in the monster arena, it dropped 4 slot weapons worth quite a bit...

Flying Mullet
08-18-2006, 01:19 PM
:tonberry:

That's actually a smiley at these boards. :)

Helios
08-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks again bantam