Normal and epic fly-mounts
Areana based PvP
Jewel Crafting

Find out more at http://worldofwarcraft.com

I can't wait for this expansion, level 70 is gunna be sweet as hell

what do you guys think?

Madame Adequate
08-16-2006, 02:42 AM
I think Blizz has been listening to complaints, because there's a ton of stuff they're sorting out which we wanted sorted out.

Duncan
08-16-2006, 02:51 AM
Only thing I don't like about BC is that Alliance get Shaman and Horde get Pallys. Kinda takes away a bit of the uniqueness of each faction.

Tavrobel
08-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Don't worry about the uniqueness of each faction. Everyone knows that Horde is hax and Alliance is newb.

There's also something about an encounter with Illidan that's described as "you [all] just getting in his way."

Madame Adequate
08-16-2006, 04:24 AM
Don't worry about the uniqueness of each faction. Everyone knows that Horde is hax and Alliance is newb.

There's also something about an encounter with Illidan that's described as "you [all] just getting in his way."

Horde isn't hax, Horde is earthgrab totem + l33t skills forged due to being severely outnumbered. Alliance = Zerg.

Markus. D
08-16-2006, 07:45 AM
they should imatate Everquest and bring out a bard.

bipper
08-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Where iz t3h player housing? :rolleyes2

It looks like another mediocre expansion to me. I am not horribly excited about it. More of the same junk.

bipper

Tavrobel
08-16-2006, 02:36 PM

Horde isn't hax, Horde is earthgrab totem + l33t skills forged due to being severely outnumbered, not that it affects how awesome and superior they are in any way, shape, or form. Alliance Undead = Zerg. Alliance = UED after Arthas Kerrigan.

Madame Adequate
08-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Where iz t3h player housing? :rolleyes2

It looks like another mediocre expansion to me. I am not horribly excited about it. More of the same junk.

bipper

Riiiiight. Because, ten new levels to advance through, seven new zones on a new planet, a new profession with huge potential for powering yourself up, two new races, giving Alli Shammies and Horde Pallies, reducing the max raid size to 25, adding a World PvP objective in every single Outland zone - including a capturable town, flying mounts, however many new quests, instances, mobs, and items there are going to be, none of that is significant.

Horde isn't hax, Horde is earthgrab totem + l33t skills forged due to being severely outnumbered, not that it affects how awesome and superior they are in any way, shape, or form. Alliance Undead = Zerg. Alliance = UED after Arthas Kerrigan.

Uh, yeah it does. The reason Horde wins so much in encounters with set limits on the number of players involved - ie Battlegrounds - is because out there in the field, we're usually fighting an Alliance force with anywhere from 20 to 100% more troops than us. We have to be good, or we lose so much it's not worth playing. So we learn out there, and when it comes to a force of equal size, we can kick the crap out of them.

Truth.

Tavrobel
08-16-2006, 04:20 PM

Uh, yeah it does. The reason Horde wins so much in encounters with set limits on the number of players involved - ie Battlegrounds - is because out there in the field, we're usually fighting an Alliance force with anywhere from 20 to 100% more troops than us. We have to be good, or we lose so much it's not worth playing. So we learn out there, and when it comes to a force of equal size, we can kick the crap out of them.

I think you are misreading my words. I wasn't talking about why or how they pwn at everything because of necessity, I'm just saying that they are better. Whether or not it's because of players, I couldn't care less.

The fact (truthful statement) is not necessarily how you arrive at it. Unless you are Viator.

stuffing
08-16-2006, 05:49 PM
You can't really say that Horde is better than the Alliance at PvP. Each factions has its own set of great pvpers, but they also have there far share of retards.

But there isn't much real pvp anymore. Its mostly just determind by how many more epics you have than your oppent

bipper
08-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Riiiiight. Because, ten new levels to advance through, seven new zones on a new planet, a new profession with huge potential for powering yourself up, two new races, giving Alli Shammies and Horde Pallies, reducing the max raid size to 25, adding a World PvP objective in every single Outland zone - including a capturable town, flying mounts, however many new quests, instances, mobs, and items there are going to be, none of that is significant.

Just like any other expansion out there really, as per what I mean. The changes and improvments to WoW are fair, but nothing to get excited over. I felth that WoW brought something special when it opened, and it had a fair sparkle to it. After a few years of Mythic like promices, some let downs others adequate, I have just come to the point where somthing exciting - not effective - would have to be added. Prehaps I am just WoW'ed out- and have been for some time.

Also, from a per patch prespective of what they have added over the years, it is not overly significant.

Bipper

Madame Adequate
08-17-2006, 12:19 AM

I think you are misreading my words. I wasn't talking about why or how they pwn at everything because of necessity, I'm just saying that they are better. Whether or not it's because of players, I couldn't care less.

The fact (truthful statement) is not necessarily how you arrive at it. Unless you are Viator.

Ah, misunderstood you. Sorry. Though what I say stands.

You can't really say that Horde is better than the Alliance at PvP. Each factions has its own set of great pvpers, but they also have there far share of retards.

But there isn't much real pvp anymore. Its mostly just determind by how many more epics you have than your oppent

Hey, there's plenty of real PvP where I'm from. Mainly because we get up and go make some. Every week, at least.

Just like any other expansion out there really, as per what I mean. The changes and improvments to WoW are fair, but nothing to get excited over. I felth that WoW brought something special when it opened, and it had a fair sparkle to it. After a few years of Mythic like promices, some let downs others adequate, I have just come to the point where somthing exciting - not effective - would have to be added. Prehaps I am just WoW'ed out- and have been for some time.

Also, from a per patch prespective of what they have added over the years, it is not overly significant.

Bipper

I'm not sure you appreciate A) the size of this expansion (WoW's patches are bigger than some x-pacs) and B) the significance of changes to PvP and raiding. This isn't just more content, this is a complete revision of fundamental workings of WoW.