PDA

View Full Version : Cait Sith is Scottish?

Tarshish
08-16-2006, 09:48 AM
I just watched the english dub recently and noticed that Cait Sith has a Scottish accent. Does anyone know if there is a reason for this. Because I never noticed anything like that in the game. Otherwise I loved all the english voice acting. Thought it was cool that Rachel Leigh Cook did Tifa's voice. I think she is signed up to do Tifa in Dirge of Cerberus as well.

boys from the dwarf
08-16-2006, 10:12 AM
everyone has noticed that. i think it suits cait sith though.i can barely imagine him with any other voice. and it makes his scenes funnier. and notcie that reeve doesnt have a scottish accent. you hear his voice in the scene where clouds phone has fallen into the water and all the messages start playing. i guess its just some sort of voice changing technology built into the cat robot.

one thing ive found weird about FF is this.

cait sith has a scottish accent when there is no scotland in FF.

in FFX-2 im quite sure logos has an attack called russian roulette.

but that just being ignorant of everyone elses accent. so i guess you cant really complain and at least logos doesnt say hes russian at any point of the game so thats o.k.

Arrianna
08-16-2006, 05:50 PM
everyone has noticed that. i think it suits cait sith though.i can barely imagine him with any other voice. and it makes his scenes funnier. and notcie that reeve doesnt have a scottish accent. you hear his voice in the scene where clouds phone has fallen into the water and all the messages start playing. i guess its just some sort of voice changing technology built into the cat robot.
That..... makes sense.

Halenite
08-16-2006, 07:16 PM
hasn't this been explained before?

Cait Sith (actually pronounced Ket-shee) is a figure in Gaelic Mythology, this is probably why he has a scottish accent in AC.

Tarshish
08-16-2006, 10:03 PM
sorry if it had been answered before. I searched for it in the forum but couldn't find it. I didn't know that Cait Sith was a character in Gaelic mythology, that makes a lot of sense now. btw I didn't say I didn't like it I thought it was pretty funny. I forgot to mention that phone call by Reeve though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-16-2006, 10:06 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=88039