PDA

View Full Version : I can't seee x_x

Xander
08-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Does anyone get bad headaches or migraines where it effects their vision? Right now my vision has gone really blurry and it's only happened once before, but it's like I can't focus on anything on the screen and I get all these little dots and blur everywhere.

The more I look and try to see everything properly it makes my head gradually hurt more and more =/ But I don't know if it's migraine or just something else... ugh it's horrible trying to work though =/

Anyone have tips/similar experiences....?

Jess
08-16-2006, 01:19 PM
I used to get migraines and headaches all of the time. I just used to take a lot of paracetemol. :jess:

licence
08-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Maybe you need glasses.

BizarroSephiroth
08-16-2006, 01:37 PM
That has happened to me. It feels very weird!

Tips: Drink alot of water. Migraines can be a sign of dehydration
Rest your eyes, close them and lay down for awhile, or nap. Try not to fall asleep though, if you don't want to

Xander
08-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I have glasses already.

And I took some tablets too. I wish I could lay down but nowhere to.... oh well.

People are banging out the wall above me which is really helping :D

Vincent Valentine
08-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Here's an obvious question... do you sit in front of the PC a lot?

That might be your problem right there...

licence
08-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Well, if the problem persists maybe a doctor is the best option.

But yeah, being on the computer or watching tv a lot could be part of the problem.

Xander
08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Here's an obvious question... do you sit in front of the PC a lot?

That might be your problem right there...

Well at work for about 9 hours a day and then probably 2 or 3 in the evening too. So yes, and I do wish I didn't have to sit at it everyday sometimes but not much choice (in the daytime at least).

And I hate doctors. I guess it doesnt get this bad too often, it's just weird when I can't see things straight..I think it's going off now...

Vincent Valentine
08-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Well at work for about 9 hours a day and then probably 2 or 3 in the evening too. So yes, and I do wish I didn't have to sit at it everyday sometimes but not much choice (in the daytime at least).
That's most likely your problem right there then.

And I hate doctors. I guess it doesnt get this bad too often, it's just weird when I can't see things straight..I think it's going off now...
You many not like them, but the best thing you can do is going to your GP or an optician. They may be able to give you something, or suggest a few things that will help take some of the strain off your eyes. They'd at least be more qualified to give you advice than, say, people on a meesage board. :tongue:

Xander
08-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Well I couldn't go there right now so I settled for the message board. =P Plus I asked them before and they didn't help... but hey. I want to go get a job picking strawberries or working on a farm..... ;_;

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-16-2006, 02:58 PM
You need glasses from your explanation i am almost 100% sure, you should go see a doctor, trust me.

Xander
08-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I have glasses already.

Anyway it's not like it happens often so not sure about the doctor. But thanks for the suggestions :)

Agent Proto
08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't know. I wouldn't blame the computer for such a thing. Anyway, have you checked your blood pressure lately? That might have something to do with your vision. :O

Xander
08-16-2006, 04:25 PM
They say I have high blood pressure quite a lot, but don't know why. I think it was ok last time though :) Perhaps I'll check again.

Agent Proto
08-16-2006, 04:32 PM
:sweat:

Well, let's just say I was in a very similar position late last year. My blood pressure was pretty high (as in over 200/100). At one point, my vision was just as bad as yours, maybe even worse, because from my point of vision, everything was too dark to focus on anything.

I did went to see an optometrist regarding my vision, seems like my eyes were fine, but out of the process, I did get some new pair of glasses. :D

Anyway, I guess I shouldn't ask, but are you also experiencing other things other than just your vision?

Xander
08-16-2006, 04:38 PM
What was wrong with you?

It's just like vision then headache... sometimes bit dizzy..that's it really I think. Various things rest of the time like being really tired but that's probably just cos I'm lazy/tired/don't exercise.

Captain VooDoo
08-16-2006, 04:50 PM
i get something like that alot, you should try sitting in a dark room thats what makes me better when it happens.

Agent Proto
08-16-2006, 05:08 PM
What was wrong with you?

I had kidney failure. Well, I was also vomitting a whole lot, so I guess you're not experiencing the same. Hopefully, everything will get better with you. I would suggest seeing a doctor to be on the safe side of things.

feona17
08-16-2006, 10:10 PM
For one thing, get off the computer. It'll only make your headache worse. Turn off all lights in your room and if it's sunny, completely close the blinds and curtains. Drink lots of water, and take a nap. If you're comfortable with it, take an advil and just try to relax.

I've had pretty bad headaches before, to the point where I begin crying and I can't even move my head. But vision problems is something much worse, maybe ask your doctor about it? Researching is good too.

BardTard
08-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Once I had a biopsy because the doctor didn't know what was wrong with my leg, and probably because of the numbing (I don't get along with needles... they make me sick) I felt really sick afterwards. I got nautious and when I stood up my head hurt and I couldn't see. So yeah... and sometimes my head hurts a little for a while and then my vision just kinda turns grayish for a few seconds... it's sort of random. I know it's not really the same though...

Meat Puppet
08-17-2006, 12:39 AM
I regularly suffer from migraines that cause me to lose my vision temporarily (among other things). Normally they only last a matter of minutes; however, there have been times when I think they've gone on close to an hour.
Unfortunately, it is a genetic problem (though I am aware of a few things that may trigger it) and the most I can do is to take painkillers once it has started to try and null its attack.

SammieBabe
08-17-2006, 12:44 AM
I get them too, but mine are hormonal-related. But yeah, they suck...

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-17-2006, 12:48 AM
I have a migraine right now. But its mainly my eyes that hurt. I have them regularly actually. Im getting off at 8, so I guess my eyes will rest for a while. Until tommorrow I guess! :D

Hambone
08-17-2006, 12:57 AM
It seems to happen to me about once or twice a week.

ValkyrieWing
08-17-2006, 01:06 AM
I get severe chronic migraines, and yes, I do lose vision occasionally with them. Mostly, though, I end up stuck in bed for about a week with sunglasses on. They usually last 5-6 days for me.

Vikeve
08-17-2006, 03:45 AM
When i was younger i used to spin around in circles A LOT becuase i liked seeing the house spin but one day i fell down and hit the back of my head really hard. And things blurred up and got all weird since then at random times sometimes things will just blurr up and i cant focus cuz im dissy. Im sure the two have nothing related. but your not alone that happens to a lot of people i know. Just dont stay on the computer when that happen and rest your eye instead of staring at the screen. if it happens a lot go to the docter.