PDA

View Full Version : killer7

Vincent Valentine
08-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Produced by Shinji Mikami of Resident Evil fame, written and directed by the enigmatic Suda41, killer7 was part of a line of experimental ventures released by Capcom over a number of years, and it tends to be one of those games that is either loved or loathed, held in critical acclaim or condemned utterly by people.

I've don't think I've ever found anyone who sits between that fence. Only on one side, or the other.

Which side are you on?

If you're going to pan the game, or comment on why you enjoy it, please elaborate as much as you can on your reasons why. If we're lucky, we might be able to get a nice little debate going on this one.

I'll post my own thoughts on this one up later. :)

edczxcvbnm
08-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Never played it.

Vincent Valentine
08-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Never played it.
Yeah, I hear that a lot... ¬_¬

Dreddz
08-16-2006, 03:42 PM
The games story is very good, I liked all the persona's, game was a little easy though. Killer8 mode made the game better.

Zeldy
08-16-2006, 04:20 PM
My brother has it, he's completed it already, he couldn't put the controller down.

Roto13
08-16-2006, 05:00 PM
It's amazingly good, if you know what you're getting into. The gameplay itself is pretty lackluster, but the atmosphere and the hidden themes are breathtaking.

stuffing
08-16-2006, 05:55 PM
I didn't like it, way too flashy graphics for me

Necronopticous
08-16-2006, 07:30 PM
I just picked it up, I'm really enjoying it so far.

kikimm
08-17-2006, 01:17 AM
I loved it. It was one of the first games that I enjoyed thorougly the whole way through, enough for me to want to beat it, in a long time. Lately nothing's been holding my attention. =/ I love the story. What you do get of it, anyways. And all the cutscenes are just gold. :D It was really well made, and you can tell. The voice acting, the music, that's all awesome too. I really enjoyed the gameplay, but I've always been a fan of the more simple stuff. ;) And now I want to play it again but I won't.

It was nice and different and I liked that.

JKTrix
08-17-2006, 01:44 AM
On topic: Oddly enough, this game never made it to Bermuda, so I haven't played it yet. I heard it was great as a storytelling game, but the gameplay itself was not so hot.

Off topic slightly: The creators of Killer7 are making a game called 'Heroes' for the Wii. A video of it was floating around on Youtube for a week or so, then got removed at the request of its creators since it wasn't supposed to be shown. Of course, almost every site that had the trailer linked directly from YouTube, and was cut off. You may be able to find a couple of screens somewhere, Kotaku has one.
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/video/wii-can-be-heroes-189185.php
No word on exactly what kind of game it will be, but when I watched it I saw lightsabers.

Vincent Valentine
08-17-2006, 01:51 AM
On topic: Oddly enough, this game never made it to Bermuda, so I haven't played it yet. I heard it was great as a storytelling game, but the gameplay itself was not so hot.
If you look at it without taking typical genre conventions into the experience, you'll end up enjoying the gameplay a lot more. It's surreal, and if not played well it can be a frustrating experience, but I personally found the gameplay was an intriquing approach that worked wonderfully.

A video of it was floating around on Youtube for a week or so, then got removed at the request of its creators since it wasn't supposed to be shown.
A member on my site introduced me to the video for that game a week or so ago. Whilst it seems interesting enough, the hammy acting really put me off. It's seems odd that it would turn out that way, considering how profesionally killer7's acting was done. It seems like it might have a few interesting ideas up its sleeve, but we'll have to wait and see.

For the record, those videos are still floating around.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bLDw3LjoUv8
^ There's one for you.

Roto13
08-17-2006, 02:00 AM
A video of it was floating around on Youtube for a week or so, then got removed at the request of its creators

Oh, wiiwii?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLDw3LjoUv8

EDIT: >_>

Vincent Valentine
08-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Oh, wiiwii?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLDw3LjoUv8
That's the exact same page I just linked to... :eep:

Roto13
08-17-2006, 02:12 AM
I know. >_<

Whilst it seems interesting enough, the hammy acting really put me off. It's seems odd that it would turn out that way, considering how profesionally killer7's acting was done.

Those are probably not going to be the voice actors when it's done.

stuffing
08-17-2006, 04:15 AM
"Huh?! You want me to thank you?!" Haha, instant classic of lameness

Moon Rabbits
08-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Never played~

Alixsar
08-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Killer 7 is awesome.