PDA

View Full Version : Well THAT was disappointing.

KentaRawr!
08-16-2006, 05:31 PM
So, 2 houses ago, I put all the NES, SNES, and N64 games in a box when we were moving. But when we got to the house, the box was missing. I was sad. I recently FOUND the box, after moving from the house that I lost it in. And in the box was all the NES, SNES, and N64 games I had put in it before. Also, there was the Superpad 64 controller, which I forgot I put in there. I thought we had simply lost that controller. It was our only controller that worked. So, I put in Super Mario 64. I'm having a wonderful time, until I try to press the Z button. :cry: The Z button was broken. Blarg.

What's one of the most disappointing things to happen to you recently? And of course, it must be related to Video Games.

Tasura
08-16-2006, 05:50 PM
The most recent would be a couple fo years ago when I rented Gladius,the copy I rented was messed up so you could only save it 3 times (once in each save slot) then you couldnt save it again for the rest of the game, so your options were either dont save and risk dieing, or do save and risk not being able to save again.

Another time before that was when I borrowed FFVIII from my friend, it froze about an hour into the first disc >_<.

stuffing
08-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I found my old Xbox, forget it was broken, yadda yadda yadda, I was hugging my pillow and crying :(

Tempest
08-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Recently saving a file of Legend of Mana over a different file that I've worked on all day and reseting while it was saving. Stupid, stupid!

Moon Rabbits
08-16-2006, 06:02 PM
I bought Project: Snowblind and Drakengard.

Now that was disappointing.

Helios
08-16-2006, 06:12 PM
I got 'Deus Ex:Invisible War 2' days ago,looked at the requirements, looked fine, installed it, then tryed to play it. Only for there to nothing but a black screen. Afterwards I found out that the game needs a pixel shader, and that my graphics card was unable to download it.

stuffing
08-16-2006, 06:14 PM
I got 'Deus Ex:Invisible War 2' days ago,looked at the requirements, looked fine, installed it, then tryed to play it. Only for there to nothing but a black screen. Afterwards I found out that the game needs a pixel shader, and that my graphics card was unable to download it.

damn dude that sucks, what kind of video card do you have?

Slicksword45
08-17-2006, 09:20 PM
I got Battle for Middle Earth 2. After installing it, I tryed playing it. It loded the game to 97%. 97%!!!!!! It froze and minamized!! Everytime I tryed playing the same thing happened.

2 weeks later. I got new graphics card! thats what the prob. was. Next thing I know I'M PLAYING!!!!! YAY!!!!!! untill.... 5-min. into the game it freezes, minamizes and I can't even turn the game on anymore....... *crys*

Dreddz
08-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I almost got a full row of perfect games on Guilty Gear X2 in arcade mode. I wasnt trying to or nothing, but after the 6th fight I noticed what I was doing and tried really hard to carry on but *sigh* I-No hit me, lame...

Shoeberto
08-17-2006, 10:40 PM
To my understanding, Deus Ex 2 is pretty bad in general about... well, running. At all.

I picked up some incarnation of Worms for the GBA, expecting a generally pleasing experience, but ended up finding out that it's an atrocious port. The graphics were truly awful, the music sounded NES-era, and it crashed on occasion (it happened to me more than once), leaving a green screen and beeping noise in the background. I don't think I paid much for it, fortunately.

I Am Stoner
08-17-2006, 10:47 PM
My most dissapointing thing has to be........ Getting angry and smashing my room up with my baseball bat. I can usually handle pressure, but when you have been ill stuck in doors for the last two months, then someone very important in your life decides to go play hide and seek for 2 days with no contact what so ever and then my dad going off on one. I tell ya, it was either my dads face or my room. I chose the room.

Rengori
08-17-2006, 10:57 PM
I had played FFVI Anthology for like 3 hours, saving only on Memo and I hit the reset button. In this 3 hours I'd gone from the end of the Sealed Cave to the World of Ruin. Sadly Celes got stoned trying to rescue that kid from the collapsing house.

Luckily the next time around I stole a ribbon off of Atma Weapon and given it to Celes at the beginning of WoR.

Than I made the same mistake an hour in. Luckily I had saved after Cid died so I skipped that boring scene. Yay.

KentaRawr!
08-17-2006, 11:03 PM
My most dissapointing thing has to be........ Getting angry and smashing my room up with my baseball bat. I can usually handle pressure, but when you have been ill stuck in doors for the last two months, then someone very important in your life decides to go play hide and seek for 2 days with no contact what so ever and then my dad going off on one. I tell ya, it was either my dads face or my room. I chose the room.

Maybe I should make this same thread in EoEO. :Oo:

Erdrick Holmes
08-17-2006, 11:14 PM
I played Samurai Warriors... I think that speaks for itself.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-17-2006, 11:28 PM
I found Disc 4 of my second copy of FFVIII froze before the last FMV had finished meaning that I haven't fully completed the game for the seventh time :cry:
I also deleted by accident about 50 hours-ish of FFVIII gameplay

StarlightAngel
08-18-2006, 01:18 AM
I played Tales of Symphonia and got to the part where you need to go into town and get the boat to go to the other place.

The boat isn't there.

I try a few things and it refuses to come, so I start all over again.

This time, the boat is there. Unfortunately, I forget to go to go someplace before going and defeating Volt. Thus I am stuck yet again as I cannot find the way to get to the place I missed and I can't go any farther.

At least I know basically what happens in it all, but still... =/

Sunny Day Suicide
08-18-2006, 01:31 AM

Good choice. Smash your dad in then a couple of days later you'll regret it because you won't be able to see your dad ever again.

As for me. Let's see.

FF6 freezes
FF8 freezes on ultamecia's castle
FF10 file got deleted

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-18-2006, 01:33 AM
my ps2 decided not to read spiderman 2

Slicksword45
08-18-2006, 01:39 AM
I finnally beat Ansam in KH:COM. I was so happy and all. Then I accantley deleated the Riku data.....

Xander
08-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Commodore 64 emulator, found the West Bank ROM was looking forward to playing it... but it uses keyboard for real and I couldn't get any keys to work for what you needed to do! So that sucked, I miss that game.

Getting an amiga again and thinking I had Lemmings AND Oh no more lemmings, only to realise that the disk "Lemmings 2" was just the second disk for Lemmings. I guess it was obvious really but boo.

I suppose the most recent was buying katamari damacy, really loving the concept and game and everything...but finding it too difficult. Can't get hang of rolling quick enough. I was disappointed because I hoped it was an easier game...

I Am Stoner
08-18-2006, 01:44 PM

Maybe I should make this same thread in EoEO. :Oo:

Nah mate. You should smoke some pot, thats what you should do.

Anyway, I got my megadrive out of the loft, looking forward to having a good ol' carnage session on Streets Of Rage 2, then realised that I sold the game 2 years ago on ebay.

Cz
08-18-2006, 01:54 PM
After months of waiting, I brought home Disgaea: Hour of Darkness only to find that my PS2 had given up on playing CD format games.

Xander
08-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Anyway, I got my megadrive out of the loft, looking forward to having a good ol' carnage session on Streets Of Rage 2, then realised that I sold the game 2 years ago on ebay.

Aww you can have mine I think Rainecloud gave me it?? Or it might be number 3... I don't play those games XD

Jiro
08-23-2006, 12:04 PM
.... Fire Emblem on game boy saves automatically when you switch it off. But, if you switch it off then on really quick it deletes all your data and stop you being able to save it. Basically, you can't do jack with it.

Spatvark
08-23-2006, 02:11 PM

Aww you can have mine I think Rainecloud gave me it?? Or it might be number 3... I don't play those games XD

If it's Streets of Rage 2, keep it. If it's 3, feel free to give it away. The second was the best in the series by a long way and is an utterly awesome game. Definitely my favourite side-scrolling beat-'em-up of all time.

tan
08-23-2006, 02:21 PM
I once saved my friend's crappy file of FFX over mine, which I had been working on for a very long time. I ended up using his saved-over file to beat the game (I trained my characters all day).

Elite Lord Sigma
08-23-2006, 07:25 PM
One of my GameCube memory cards got corrupted, so I had to delete everything on it to get it to function properly. And I had to go through the trouble of getting everything on SSBM again.

Aurons_Desciple
08-23-2006, 11:05 PM
2 things, both involving my beloved FF games. 1st, I let a friend borrow FFVII he had it for a couple of months and then sudenly he moved to AUS, never saw it again (and it was an original copy). 2nd I let another friend borrow FFX and once again he moved away with my game. What's the moral of this story... don't let anybody borrow your FF games

-N-
08-23-2006, 11:09 PM
The whole Xenosaga series, really.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
08-23-2006, 11:32 PM
i was young and i was messing around with the memory card thing on the PS1, i didn't understand it so i decided to make all the pictures go away, my older brothers and sisters nearly killed me. :( :(

Mo-Nercy
08-24-2006, 03:26 AM
I lose my Final Fantasy games all the time. Everything else stays in their respective cases but I've had to buy a second copy of FF8, get the PC version of FF7 and cope with the loss or FF9. I'm still trying to remember who I lent FF10 to.

That's all a bit ancient history. These days, I just play Tekken and Dynasty Warriors. And the most depressing things about thoses games is that
a) I'm not getting any better at Tekken
b) I can't do Chaos mode without dying. And when I die, it's always when I'm about to win :(