PDA

View Full Version : Beginning of Dragon Quest 8 (Spoilers)

tidus_rox
08-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Listen to my story... It may be your last chance.. (screen fades and i come back to reality)

Ok but really. This is the deal. I got Dragon Quest 8 and i LOVED it! I played it until i got to the Kingdom Of Ascantha then for some unknown reason i stopped. I just started it up today- about 3 months after stopping- and forget what has happened the last 18 hours... What is the Abby? Who is abbot Fransico? What is an Abbot? Please refress mi memory from the beginning till Ascathna... Thanks,
Cody

crazybayman
08-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Abbott Fransesco was the Abbott, or priest at Maella Abby. He was an old man with a long gray beard, and Angelo's sort of adoptive father.

After Dhoulmagus killed Fransesco, you continue your journey, and wind up in Ascantha. You now have to help the King of Ascantha. Go talk to him some more to get a better idea of what exactly you have to do.

tidus_rox
08-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Ok so let me get this straight. Angelo was adopted, ok i got that. He was adopted by Abbot Francesco, but what is an Abbot? Like a king or something? And then you go to Ascantha to like find Doulmagus?

McLovin'
08-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Abbot=Priest of an Abbey. Abbey=Church between two bodies of water on an island usually.

Go to Ascantha to track down Dhoulmagus with the hopefully the assistance of the King.

crazybayman
08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Ok so let me get this straight. Angelo was adopted, ok i got that. He was adopted by Abbot Francesco, but what is an Abbot? Like a king or something? And then you go to Ascantha to like find Doulmagus?
From what I gathered from the game, an Abbott is something like a priest, or minister, or perhaps even a bishop, or cardinal. Some sort of religious leader. He's basically head of the Abby, or church.

And yes, you continue on to Ascantha, in search of Dhoulmagus.

tidus_rox
08-17-2006, 07:14 PM
yay thanks so much now i get whats going on lol...